WOW TOUGH CROWD-knight to kings pawn was good.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shredder565
Recruit

Re: WOW TOUGH CROWD-knight to kings pawn was good.

Post by Shredder565 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:35 pm

You know, after i have a chance to cool down a bit, and take it all in to perspective..

The episode itself is not that bad. It's just that the way people have been hyping it, as 'The Return of KARR', like he would be in the episode from shot 1 onward, that was obviously the major let down.

Pretty much the only villain that connects us to the Foundation and wilton Knight, and we get less than 5 or so minutes of screen time with him. It shouldn't have been promoted that way, as it just comes off as a major let down.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Hey Shredder,
I am totaly respect your thoughts, and I regret your feel let down by the episode. But on the bright side, like you said it wasn't that bad after all.
Keep watching, judging from the story teasers, they are heading in the right direction.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:19 pm

I would say that the episode was good but not great and those throw away lines about Flag and the reast of it didn't realy make that much difference. I still think that the writing needs to be improved upon and they need to pace it a little better. The show is out there competing with some really well crafted programmes and thats probably why the general viewing audience isn't buying into it simply because it isn't as good as other things some one did say I won't buy it just because they stick the name Knight Rider on it and i couldn't agree more.

Anyway as I said I thought the episode was good but not great when i think the quality of the show improves and it becomes great I'll be the first to let everyone know.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:40 pm

I agree totally with this topic it may not have been the RETURN of KARR we were all hoping for but aside from the short battle scene they did a great job with this episode. These last 3 episodes have been great.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:57 pm

i think the biggest problem with this episode was that all the FANS were so hyped to see K4RR. the fact that we you only see him for just a few minutes put a lot of people off. I will admit that when I first watched it I was unhappy with that but still loved the episode. I really belive that had the budget not been cut it would have been a 2 part episode.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:46 am

I am in agreement Tony.

I will admit, when the credits rolled, I was extremely conflicted.
On the one hand, I had just sat through an amazing episode. Great acting, the writing was top notch, everyone played a part and KARR was visually stunning (except the first transform behind the curtain) and the KI3T vs KARR fight was, to a degree, epic.
Then I realized, KARR was merely used as the key point for transistion, the reason KI3T was built and the downfall of the FBI connection/rebirt of FLAG.
It is kind of sad that WE ourselves blew this so far out of proportion.
No one said that KARR would take up the whole episode.
No one really said what car was gonna do.
Plus we were only shown clips from the fight and that Torres greenscreen thing.

But, on the good side, they've made it so that KARR actually has a reason to come back...I will explain shortly.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Dev In California
Stranger

Post by Dev In California » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:27 am

The episode was a joke when compared to both episodes the original series had with KARR. This episode was this shows last chance to redeem at least some credibility. The only people that like it are the ones that will settle with anything that has the name Knight Rider on it, no matter how terrible quality the show is. This show has sucked from the start which is why it is only losing fans not gaining any. The ratings speak for themselves. It deserves to get cancelled - and it will be. At least the integrity of the original will be safe.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:41 am

Dev In California wrote:The episode was a joke when compared to both episodes the original series had with KARR. This episode was this shows last chance to redeem at least some credibility. The only people that like it are the ones that will settle with anything that has the name Knight Rider on it, no matter how terrible quality the show is. This show has sucked from the start which is why it is only losing fans not gaining any. The ratings speak for themselves. It deserves to get cancelled - and it will be. At least the integrity of the original will be safe.
Unfortunatley for you the "ratings suck" speech doesnt work. While we have gained or lost, we have kept a steady even, which is hard to do for a new show (which is panned every where) and shows it does have it's loyal fanbase.
And your whole "The only people that like it are the ones that will settle with anything that has the name Knight Rider on it, no matter how terrible quality the show is." Is a mindnumbingly dumb excuse that is used here non-stop in such a irrellivent manner, which makes no since, because if it does have the Knight Rider name on it, then it is Knight Rider, no matter how much you hate it.
And if this show fails then it shows that the old show's integrity, rooted in cheesy storylines, a man-slut lead star, and a talking/industructible car, means nothing....which, in retospect, is a cheesy show from the 80s. So what's wrong with a cheesy show in the 00s?
Put the word out!

Dev In California
Stranger

Post by Dev In California » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:27 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
Dev In California wrote:The episode was a joke when compared to both episodes the original series had with KARR. This episode was this shows last chance to redeem at least some credibility. The only people that like it are the ones that will settle with anything that has the name Knight Rider on it, no matter how terrible quality the show is. This show has sucked from the start which is why it is only losing fans not gaining any. The ratings speak for themselves. It deserves to get cancelled - and it will be. At least the integrity of the original will be safe.
Unfortunatley for you the "ratings suck" speech doesnt work. While we have gained or lost, we have kept a steady even, which is hard to do for a new show (which is panned every where) and shows it does have it's loyal fanbase.
And your whole "The only people that like it are the ones that will settle with anything that has the name Knight Rider on it, no matter how terrible quality the show is." Is a mindnumbingly dumb excuse that is used here non-stop in such a irrellivent manner, which makes no since, because if it does have the Knight Rider name on it, then it is Knight Rider, no matter how much you hate it.
And if this show fails then it shows that the old show's integrity, rooted in cheesy storylines, a man-slut lead star, and a talking/industructible car, means nothing....which, in retospect, is a cheesy show from the 80s. So what's wrong with a cheesy show in the 00s?
Lol - please keep believing your double-talking bs and spinning of the reality of how bad this current show is. You're going to need it to rely on for comfort when this show is cancelled any minute.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:44 am

The only spinning of reality is people thinking that this show does not live up to the original or that it is crap.
I'm sorry, I was just trying to prove a point, but the whole fact that the first 2 posts you made are echoes of annoyances that are becoming childish and blatantly stupid.

It doesnt matter, you're a troll and chances are wont post again, unless you rebuttle this, but that would only prove a troll and make you even funnier.

(does mocking voice)knight rider sucks, its getting cancelled, I dont know how to look at facts and jump the same comclusion that people who hate the show do.... (/end mocking voice)
Put the word out!

Damien89
Stranger

Post by Damien89 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:51 am

Guys come on do your part! Send this petition to all the forums you are part of and the numbers will start climbing!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:43 am

Damien89 wrote:Guys come on do your part! Send this petition to all the forums you are part of and the numbers will start climbing!
Umm, what petition?

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:02 am

Just reading some peoples' posts on here....

KR08 pilot's main story and characters have not been altered for the main season.

Damien89
Stranger

Post by Damien89 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:51 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Damien89 wrote:Guys come on do your part! Send this petition to all the forums you are part of and the numbers will start climbing!
Umm, what petition?

The petition in the first post of this topic.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am

Damien89 wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
Umm, what petition?

The petition in the first post of this topic.[/quote

Ah, I had not seen it, got lost in all the haters posts cluttering this and all threads around here. Anyhow I signed for all the good I'tll do, the same was tried with both SG-1 and Atlantis without much success whatsoever... :(

KittKattBar
Volunteer

Post by KittKattBar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:47 am

I signed the petition, for all the good Internet petitions actually do.

The real test for KR08's new direction will come this Wednesday. Let's hope for the best.
My next car will be a 2010 Shelby Mustang!

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:36 pm

I hope so too as the show has had a bad start and dissaponited a lot of people and the simple fact is if it doesn't improve and gain in quality then the truth is it will be cut. I have hope though that it can get better and be saved.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:32 pm

cazman101 wrote:I hope so too as the show has had a bad start and dissaponited a lot of people and the simple fact is if it doesn't improve and gain in quality then the truth is it will be cut. I have hope though that it can get better and be saved.
Well the problem is not just rating but that there are lots of haters like Mr Marcus that cannot wait for the show and the franchise as a whole to forever die and want to do anything in their power to help that dream come true as well...

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:45 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
cazman101 wrote:I hope so too as the show has had a bad start and dissaponited a lot of people and the simple fact is if it doesn't improve and gain in quality then the truth is it will be cut. I have hope though that it can get better and be saved.
Well the problem is not just rating but that there are lots of haters like Mr Marcus that cannot wait for the show and the franchise as a whole to forever die and want to do anything in their power to help that dream come true as well...

Or hey, maybe they want the show to be actually decent and have engaging charcters and storylines?

If i want to see tight bodies in bikinis i'll sit on my shed roof and perve on the neighbours

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:06 pm

by any chance have you got any pics of these neighbours ? curious thats all :D

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Shouldn't this be part of the main episode discussion??

*looks around for a moderator*
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slipheraz
Volunteer

Post by slipheraz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Ok, first off I have to say Awesome episode!!!!

KARR coming back was great and everyone needs to stop being so up tight about everything. Yeah the KITT and KARR battle could have been longer, but I think it is being set up for more.

First lets go back to the Feb 2008 movie, yeah Mike was a army brat that had gotten kicked out. But think about it, if the army wiped his memory and placed him back into "civilian" world what better story or cover could they give. It works.

Then, at the beginning of the movie some guys show up and try to steal KITT, we never found out who these guys worked for, but we can assume they were sent to get KITT's AI for the KARR project. Then, we see the orginal KITT dismantled in boxes in the garage, well remember Knight Rider 2000 the movie, KITT was dismatled by the guy that took over FLAG and David Hasselhoff installed him into the KIFT. So, we can assume that Grainman was researching his previous work on KI2T for KI3T.

Fast forward to the end of the movie when Mike is asked to drive KITT, Grainman wanted to start the KITT program to make a difference and found someone to take the helm in Mike. But the government was still involved because they had KARR on their back agenda and saw a chance to pull the whool over everyone's eyes and use KITT to perfect the AI program for KARR. Thus, the SSC provided the perfect cover for them. They knew KARR could transform so they had the team implement transformation into KITT to perfect that program. (This is why I think at the end of the episode KITT tells the team that he feels a "part" of him is gone, maybe the transformations are gone.)

So the first half of the season was the government messing everything up and trying to get what they wanted. But now KARR is disabled (notice I said "disabled" because I have a feeling KARR will be back)
Now, they can move forward as Wilton Knight intended. It is the four of them and Mike will be KITTs driver and be out on the road together while the other 3 stay back and run the foundation, Just like Devon and Bonnie did in the first series.

As for KARR being connected to the first series, it was never explained what happened to KARR in the first series, yeah he was crushed and again "disabled" but maybe he was retrieved by some US agency and it was traced back to Grainman as the inventor. Then he was convinced by that agency that KARR could be used for "good". So he helped and then saw things going the same route and set out to make a new KITT aka KI3T. So, KARR in this series is connected by way of his old programming being revived and built upon.

It's just my theory, but I have to say I see the tie-ins and I love this new series just as I did the original as a kid.

Please NBC, give this show another season so it will have a full season to build the relationship between Mike and KITT more stronger and deeper. :kitt:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:41 am

Yeah tell me about it, tough crowd. I keep watching it to see if I can find something I don't like about it but every time I watch it I come away thinking, THIS EPISODE IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! :good: :good:
But people don't seem to like it.. I better go watch it again. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:48 am

Sue wrote:Yeah tell me about it, tough crowd. I keep watching it to see if I can find something I don't like about it but every time I watch it I come away thinking, THIS EPISODE IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! :good: :good:
But people don't seem to like it.. I better go watch it again. :mrgreen:
To summarize my humble opinion:
This episode was good, except only for the KITT vs KARR part...

Especially after you see the pre-vis (ouch, eyes!) you just can't shake the feeling that the KITT vs KARR part could and should have been done much much better. I'm talking to NBC here, not the VFX crew. The VFX crew has done a real great job but NBC decided to trim it down...

In other words, the story was good, the episode was real good, only the fight was lacking.
And that's a praise from me.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:25 am

I agree!The episode was great all around, except it would have been better if NBC didn't trim the KI3T vs KARR scene. I'm beginning to think that this episode was only to see if there was any interest left in KARR at all,or maybe it's not for that reason.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9