WOW TOUGH CROWD-knight to kings pawn was good.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

WOW TOUGH CROWD-knight to kings pawn was good.

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:25 pm

What’s with all the hate??
knight to kings pawn was good.We wanted them to connect to the original series, well here you have it. Wilton Knight, FLAG. that's all it really took, now it can all fall into place.

NBC is trying to correct direction of the series and yet maintain some continuity in the story line.

So big bad KARR was not the original KARR.. What did you expect after 25 years?
The Special FX guys did an outstanding job, the Writers did an outstanding job tying in everything and redirecting the series.

I was disappointed in the length on the fight scene, would I have done things indifferently I had the chance? Maybe. maybe not, we don’t know what the budget looked like, what the time constraints were, or any of the million other factors that go into producing a weekly TV show.

Ahh but there in lays the problem. It’s a TV show, how does the fact that KARR was not the original KARR impact your ability to make a living? Provide food for your table? Affect your health? My guess is it doesn’t.

Some of us here are trying really hard to save this show, and getting little help from people who start a thread call “let it die already”.

We have made a tremendous impact on this series, which is probably unprecedented. When have you every heard of a TV series being reluached mid season?

NBC is promoting the show. It’s on their homepage now, http://www.michaelknight.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; takes you right to NBC’s front door.

Now the people who had the good fortune to speak to Mr.Hasselhoff haven’t said anything about what his comments were. Does he like the show or hate it? Is he making an appearance or not?

Suppose (hypothetically) he wants the show to die because it would somehow show-up the original if it became popular and lasted 5 seasons instead of 4. Maybe Glen Larson who’s working on an independent feature film wants the series gone.
Who knows how many people may have hidden agendas and want to see this show fail, and with the help of a lot of people on this site that just might happen.

I ran a police labor union for over 10 years, there is strength in unity and numbers. The more haters who voice there opinion are just more nails in the coffin. Your complaints and nitpicking (mine included) are just going to put more people out of work in a terrible economy. Actors, writers, carpenters prop people, stunt people, wardrobe, people, transportation people, FX people.

We are in a recession people, nearing a depression. GST wasted how much money and resources on the first 9 episodes? Before NBC said Hey dude what the heck are you doing to our show, no no no this is all wrong do it this way! I’m surprised they didn’t fire him. Why can’t people stop complaining about the show and just enjoy it?

Instead of complaining oh it should have been a two parter this sucks, why not try, man that was a serious story, I like the FX of KARR maybe in the second season they will make a two hour movie with KARR so I can see more of him and KITT fighting.

I have a real simple solution which should very easily resolve the satisfaction or dissatisfaction with Knight Rider.

If you like the show watch it, tell your friends to watch it and sign the online petition.
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, the rating will reflect your opinion and you’ll get your wish. The show will go away.

I regret the possibility that this post offends anyone, and realize some of you may get P.O.’d, I am just tired of the haters. There are lot of people here who like the show, but they seem to be out shadowed by the haters. Maybe I should just take my own advice and find a different discussion group where the fans there actually like the show.

Keep the faith & SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER
FLAG1.jpg
FLAG1.jpg (6.96 KiB) Viewed 21994 times
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Re: WOW TOUGH CROWD-knight to kings pawn was good.

Post by TravisKnight01 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Tony im with you 100 precent on this.Last nights episode was everything you could ever want in an knight rider episode.Sure karr didnt exactly had the lime light.But rember the show is in a rebirth period.Right now everything is getting set into place so things could be like the good ol days.Two of my friends i talked to over aim are hardcore tos knight rider fans.My one friend watched the show from the begging and loved it every since and even more so since last night.My other friend was kinda was optimistic till last night.Karr won him over.He gave the episode a 9 out of 10.Which is great for someone who loved the orignal.Now i know im the rookie around here and all but i dont want to see another oppertunty be passed up for knight rider.Sorry for the ramblin.

Travis

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Agreed, overall the episode was really good and makes me want more and more KR.

Niel
Stranger

Post by Niel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:What’s with all the hate??
knight to kings pawn was good.We wanted them to connect to the original series, well here you have it. Wilton Knight, FLAG. that's all it really took, now it can all fall into place.

NBC is trying to correct direction of the series and yet maintain some continuity in the story line.

The Special FX guys did an outstanding job, the Writers did an outstanding job tying in everything and redirecting the series.

I was disappointed in the length on the fight scene, would I have done things indifferently I had the chance? Maybe. maybe not, we don’t know what the budget looked like, what the time constraints were, or any of the million other factors that go into producing a weekly TV show.

Ahh but there in lays the problem. It’s a TV show, how does the fact that KARR was not the original KARR impact your ability to make a living? Provide food for your table? Affect your health? My guess is it doesn’t.

Some of us here are trying really hard to save this show, and getting little help from people who start a thread call “let it die already”.

We have made a tremendous impact on this series, which is probably unprecedented. When have you every heard of a TV series being reluached mid season?

NBC is promoting the show. It’s on their homepage now, http://www.michaelknight.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; takes you right to NBC’s front door.

Now the people who had the good fortune to speak to Mr.Hasselhoff haven’t said anything about what his comments were. Does he like the show or hate it? Is he making an appearance or not?

Suppose (hypothetically) he wants the show to die because it would somehow show-up the original if it became popular and lasted 5 seasons instead of 4. Maybe Glen Larson who’s working on an independent feature film wants the series gone.
Who knows how many people may have hidden agendas and want to see this show fail, and with the help of a lot of people on this site that just might happen.

I ran a police labor union for over 10 years, there is strength in unity and numbers. The more haters who voice there opinion are just more nails in the coffin. Your complaints and nitpicking (mine included) are just going to put more people out of work in a terrible economy. Actors, writers, carpenters prop people, stunt people, wardrobe, people, transportation people, FX people.

We are in a recession people, nearing a depression. GST wasted how much money and resources on the first 9 episodes? Before NBC said Hey dude what the heck are you doing to our show, no no no this is all wrong do it this way! I’m surprised they didn’t fire him. Why can’t people stop complaining about the show and just enjoy it?

Instead of complaining oh it should have been a two parter this sucks, why not try, man that was a serious story, I like the FX of KARR maybe in the second season they will make a two hour movie with KARR so I can see more of him and KITT fighting.

I have a real simple solution which should very easily resolve the satisfaction or dissatisfaction with Knight Rider.

If you like the show watch it, tell your friends to watch it and sign the online petition.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, the rating will reflect your opinion and you’ll get your wish. The show will go away.

I regret the possibility that this post offends anyone, and realize some of you may get P.O.’d, I am just tired of the haters. There are lot of people here who like the show, but they seem to be out shadowed by the haters. Maybe I should just take my own advice and find a different discussion group where the fans there actually like the show.

FLAG1.jpg
I totally agree. I'm sick of the bashing. If you don't like it don't watch. Let the rest of us enjoy the show.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:44 pm

I don't know, man. There really was a big deal with KARR and this whole back story of Mike Traceur, and all we heard was what we heard..plus, about twenty seconds worth of flashbacks of Mike going "Whoa!?" You're talking from a fans perspective. I don't doubt the common viewer who just happened to watch the episode last night may have been interested. That's all the show was trying to do, interest people to watch the show.

So........I'm with you. But this thread is a motive to just throw out our feedback only if it's positive. :|

Niel
Stranger

Post by Niel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm not saying that you should only post if it's positive. I'm just saying I'm tired of seeing all the people saying the show is terrible (sp?) or sucks and it should be cancelled. Or just let it die already. If that's the way you feel fine, your entitled to your own opinion. But why do you feel the need to come on to a board for the show just to bash it? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I for one enjoy the show and hope we get a second season.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:58 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:What’s with all the hate??

FLAG1.jpg
Quoted for truth! :good:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:34 am

Being back from a business trip I now had the chance to watch Knight to King's Pawn.

BEST

EPISODE

EVER

And my second favourite of all time right after KITT vs KARR.

I looooved
- KITT action in normal mode (ski-mode, turbo boost, grappling hook)
- no attack mode, no transforming to other vehicles
- KARR, yellow scanner, also a Mustang, I am awestruck BEST BEST BEST decision ever
- the feeling of the show was 100% Knight Rider
- the music, the more personal scenes between Michael and Sarah, Michael and KITT (Mike calling him buddy), Zoe and Billy not just cracking jokes but being serious and helpful, way to go
- VFX in this episode was great, best VFX on TV
- KARR stands for Knights Animated Roving Robot (no cyber-exoskeleton)

Just two things that could have been better:
- it should have been a two parter, there was too few KARR (guess it's a budget thing)
- like the whole attack mode thing I would have preferred KARR only as a Mustang, still don't like all that transformation stuff.

Nonetheless this is just complaining on a very high level and so I give this episode 10 out of 10 points, because I so much enjoyed it.

WELL DONE!

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:15 am

What ever said & done this was an awesome episode I just loved it guys at NBC pls keep KITT on air give the show a new slot weekends Prime time 7 OR 8 PM but pls do not cancell the show it is getting better & we expect a lot more from it.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:15 am

Thank You Tony for posting a positive thread!!!!

I totally agree. I love the way the show has played and am totally thrilled with being able to see it now! I am excited about next week, the rest of the season, and I am glad to see I am not the only one!

Love your FLAG logo. :)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:26 am

Tony I couldn't agree more! :good:
You put into words what most of us have been feeling.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:38 am

Hey, awesome thread, glad to see something positive.

Can I have your FLAG logo? It's perfect for my site.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:29 am

Whether it was the original KARR is still up in the air. We don't know for sure.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 am

AMEN I totally agree let enjoy what we have and support it....

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 am

I agree wholeheartedly that this was a great episode. It was well done, the fight scene could have been longer and it was but hey, that's what dvd, uncut versions are for right? 8) I stated that it would have been cool if they had shown old files of KARR from the Original Series but watching it again yesterday that would have been impossible. Why? The SSC was dismantled and they were running on backup power in which I think most if not all of the database was unable to be used in order to not be detected by the government and KITT was taken as well. So in actuality, this episode was great in every way and I still believe KARR will be back at some point.....maybe then we can get the back story connecting him to the original just by saying he was found in the desert destroyed, CPU barely working after colliding with KI2T 25 years ago. I think just that statement would make it all fall in place. Would possibly also be nice to find out how KARR survived after driving off the cliff in TDR, but one can wonder. :wink: I think this next episode will determine if they've moved more towards the original by having KITT and Mike more on the road than in the SSC or in the field so to speak. :kittspin: Most likely it will be if it's like the 2 part episode, no SSC for KITT or Mike. :mrgreen:

:skar:

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 am

Heh, very good post. While not perfect, its far from as bad as some of the bad reviews it got. To be honest, I enjoyed it much better on the 2nd viewing..

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:07 am

I comepletly agree.

You know the biggest complaint was the kitt vs karr battle was too short. I don't blame people for saying that, it was my biggest complaint too. Why? well from the previews it seemed like it was gonna be much much more.

That aside we all know now it wasnt meant to be a longer battle but it was NBC who cut it short, not the people who are making the show.

That being said I am glad there still are a lot of people, me included, that can look past the battle and enjoy the show as a whole.
Ice rider coming 2009

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:51 am

Again, it's not about the battle being too short, it's the issue of KARR's actual role or lack thereof in the episode.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:57 am

Well most of you know why me or the others are a bit dissapointed by the episode.The facts are right there and i by no means don't understand how could adding just a minute or more to the battle could bring a huge difference in the budget?The way this episode was projected or was supposed to be it wasn't to be honest.I didn't hate KARR in the robot mode (most of us had to accept it coz of the current influence of transformers),the yellow scanner looked good.but the battle was WAY too short and KARR's screen was also WAY too short.

Well what is done is done,i was a bit dissapointed but more over that i am worried about this show's future.we had 2 previous great episodes.I just hope the reboot brings about great increase in ratings and the episodes would be good in particular.Dr.Graiman will be sorely missed and i think Carrie Rivai was so better than Zoe.They should have killed Zoe.In this fashion they would have carried the characters from the BDP.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:00 am

I see what your saying, i guess we understand the CGI aspet of the show costs a lot. But why couldnt they have more of KARR in his mustang form? making meeting head to head with KITT and going back and forth a little then going into robot mode.

That would have made it more worth while i suppose
Ice rider coming 2009

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:36 am

I realize what the real story was with Knight to King's Pawn. It wasn't really about the return of KARR. This was about the intentions the government had in mind. You know, I really got hyped up just like the rest of you on the return of KARR (even though I really hated the idea of them bringing back KARR). And really, there was a great deal of story involved with all the key characters...minus Billy and Zoe.

I had to watch it again today, and really the episode is perfect...Torres' great bow out of the series: a government operative who believes peace rests in the reliance with a weapon of mass destruction :lol:

:karr: = best excuse to offer KITT a good fight..that's all he was. And I hope to see what they (writers) can whip up next season as another excuse for KITT to go into acrobatic mode. But please, not another Goliath, and certainly not magically unbeaten KARR, rising from the ashes.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 pm

to me, it wasnt the fight being too short. i thought the fight was brilliant. but i agree with the sentiments of some of the other posters, there should have been more interaction between kitt and karr in karr's mustang form. that would have been sweet. in tos the two of them really dont battle each other, but they do have interaction.

beav
Stranger

Post by beav » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

i thought it was an ok episode, but i still trying to figure out is this show a continuation from the orignal series or do we watch it and forget the orignal series ever took place.

Sean1242
Volunteer

Post by Sean1242 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 pm

I don’t understand what’s with some of the knight rider fans its like with some of the post they want knight rider08
cancelled because there is no holf or no 82 trans am ill admit the show has and had it problems but all the has been getting pretty good I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT! The show has deliverd on action more and more the car has been doing more turbo boosting ski mode and more nods to the past FLAG WILTON KNIGHT Knight to King's Pawn other then wishing the fight scene was longer it was a cool episode like someone posted it only the 1st season and everyone wants perfection STAR TREK TNG STAR TREK DS9 STAR TREK VOY started with slow 1st season but when it was all said done ended on all high notes i just don’t get it some of these people probly bought TEAM KNIGHT RIDER hook line and sinker which was complete dog meat we waited almost ten years for knight rider to return to TV now we get and all we do is take pot shots at every little thing in its 1st SEASON Then when NBC finally cancel the thing
these fans probably fail to realize that’s it for knight rider on TV then again we will have nothing so I close this post by saying WAKE UP SO CALLED KNIGHT RIDER FANS WATCH THE SHOW LET IT GET PAST ITS 1ST SEASONE which probably want happen know THANKS A LOT :evil: :evil: :evil: :karr: :karr:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm

beav wrote:i thought it was an ok episode, but i still trying to figure out is this show a continuation from the orignal series or do we watch it and forget the orignal series ever took place.
In a way it actually does connect everything.

The connection to the original Knight Rider series, the 2008 tele-movie, Team Knight Rider, all of it, is now connected through Knight to Kings Pawn, the story did just enough of an arc to connect it all.

When Graimen’s hologram tells the team to continue the work Wilton Knight started, and the reintroduction of FLAG. The transfer of funds from, Knight Industries, the Knight Foundation, FLAG all refer to the original series.

The mention of Wilton Knight & FLAG (for the first time in the series) the series now connects the tele-movie, which was obviously a direct continuation of the original series and story line.

The tele-movie talked about the first KITT, Michel Knight Sr,FLAG, everything.

Wilton Knight ties it all together. There by saying the first KITT and the first KARR did exist 25 years ago. Because as we know, Wilton Knight and apparently Charles Graimen built the first KITT & KARR, per the 2008 tele-movie.

Now if we can talk NBC into a second season, maybe we can explore what happened to FLAG and KI2T.

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
BTW-we get second season, I can almost guarantee you KARR isn’t dead. I got a feeling perhaps the NSA picked up the pieces and we know they have another shell for KI3T.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!