What has KITT forgotten?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kido
Operative

What has KITT forgotten?

Post by kido » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:58 am

In the ending of Knight to King's Pawn, KITT said that there were gaps in his memories.
I wonder what memories did he lose. Anything to do with the KI2T? O.o
Knight Industries Defence One

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: What has KITT forgotten?

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:07 am

kido wrote:In the ending of Knight to King's Pawn, KITT said that there were gaps in his memories.
I wonder what memories did he lose. Anything to do with the KI2T? O.o
Ooo, let's hope he forgot how to transform. >_>

In all reality, I am sure we will find out what is missing in future episodes. If it's a plot point. If it's not a plot point, then I doubt he lost anything important. Though let's hope he still remembers when Mike got tazered, because it's one of my favorite memories and I like having something in common with KITT.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:55 am

Mike and Sarah look as if they knew what were missing... hmm interesting.
Let's hope he forgot that he could only Turbo Boost in Attack Mode. Now he can do it in Hero Mode.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:58 am

BlueChaos wrote:Mike and Sarah look as if they knew what were missing... hmm interesting.
Let's hope he forgot that he could only Turbo Boost in Attack Mode. Now he can do it in Hero Mode.
To me they looked more like "Crap, this is going to bite us on the butt later."

And I thought Mike called it Normal Mode last ep.

Longun
Volunteer

Post by Longun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 am

Personally I hope its attack mode and the 4x4, they were always a waste of time, plus it was nice to see kitt turbo boost in standard mode and ski mode was ace, so I figure we don't really need them. The nano skin shell would be good enough as just a repair method instead of the molecular bonded shell.

Finally we get the pilot that should have been, last night was the best episode of the series so far. Roll on the next few.

Cheers

Joe.

RC-1337
Recruit

Post by RC-1337 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Maybe he was "helped" to forget the circumstances of Dr Graiman's death? So it doesn't affect his minds, etc :P

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 pm

i think that this part of the episode is a refference in tos junkyard dog..where kitt afte he repaired..have problem with his confidence!

Jorge
Volunteer

Post by Jorge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Maybe he forgot that there was an original KITT, KARR and Michael Knight and now he doesn't need to worry about reconciling all of the Knight Rider history with his current adventures. I believe that affliction is called GST-nesia.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Itell you what it is KITTs Forgotten what Microwave Jamming is or how to microlock another vehicles breaks or how to jet an oil slick. :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Or they discover what's missing is his protocol to preserve human life... Which is one of those things that would be a "oh **** moment". For them to mention it, it has to be something important and what of KITT have we seen that would be more important than something like that? Transformations? Maybe but the Attack cars are still around so I kind of doubt it. Plus they apparently modified them a bit so I doubt they would have went through that trouble just to scrap them a couple episodes later.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Or they discover what's missing is his protocol to preserve human life... Which is one of those things that would be a "oh **** moment". For them to mention it, it has to be something important and what of KITT have we seen that would be more important than something like that? Transformations? Maybe but the Attack cars are still around so I kind of doubt it. Plus they apparently modified them a bit so I doubt they would have went through that trouble just to scrap them a couple episodes later.
Yeah, but the human life preservation thing is hard-wired. Meabing it's in the car as well as the CPU. So even if he did forget it, it wouldn't matter.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:51 pm

I hope he forgot how to transform to.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Or they discover what's missing is his protocol to preserve human life... Which is one of those things that would be a "oh **** moment". For them to mention it, it has to be something important and what of KITT have we seen that would be more important than something like that? Transformations? Maybe but the Attack cars are still around so I kind of doubt it. Plus they apparently modified them a bit so I doubt they would have went through that trouble just to scrap them a couple episodes later.
Yeah, but the human life preservation thing is hard-wired. Meabing it's in the car as well as the CPU. So even if he did forget it, it wouldn't matter.
Hardwired into his old CPU. ;) Unless the CPU already had it hard coded/wired but then again, KARR got the CPU and was able to override it apparently. *shrugs* I guess that could be the self programming thing.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:01 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:
Hardwired into his old CPU. ;) Unless the CPU already had it hard coded/wired but then again, KARR got the CPU and was able to override it apparently. *shrugs* I guess that could be the self programming thing.
His new CPU has everything on it except for what he has forgot. KITT put it on the internet and it was copied to the new CPU.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Kitt was likening Dr Graiman being gone to having a part of HIM missing, thats all it was.

In a way, KITT was expressing grief...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:39 am

I don't think it has anything or a lot to do with Charles' death.Because he said at the end that he would do anything to help keep his memory alive, but I'm not doubting that they did erase some of his memories about him. My best guess is that he lost some of his memory of the missions he did...or maybe he lost his memory of what happened in the PILOT...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 am

KITT was the one that uploaded everything, maybe he couldn't get eveyrthing up before they shut him down and he had to prioritize what to save first.

So then, the question is, what did KITT choose not to keep?

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:37 am

Lynda414 wrote:So then, the question is, what did KITT choose not to keep?
Surely he would have prioritised all the important events in his life first? Birth, initial test runs, working with the team, first time he killed someone....unless he deliberately didn't want to remember some stuff, like killing someone!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 am

Knight2000 wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:So then, the question is, what did KITT choose not to keep?
Surely he would have prioritised all the important events in his life first? Birth, initial test runs, working with the team, first time he killed someone....unless he deliberately didn't want to remember some stuff, like killing someone!
That's what I am saying. Maybe there were things he wouldn't mind not remembering. Heck, he might have ditched the memories even if he had enough time to upload. Makes you think...

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 am

I hope it is transformation program that KITT lost. If Charles had wrote the program for the transformations then gave it to Sarah to upload but never told anyone how he wrote the program. That would mean Sarah can't just re-upload it and KITT will always be a Mustang now.

I bet it isn't that and we all sigh as he turns into a van 3 minutes into next episode.
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?