One way they could save the show

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K2000kid
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

One way they could save the show

Post by K2000kid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 pm

CGI is expensive and guess what no one likes it
Kill attack mode and all the morphing tricks and just step on the gas

How much does it cost to shoot a couple high speed shots in the desert which you can use again and again
vs using CGI animators engaging attack mode and morphing the car
Just tell a good story and drive the car faster
morphing is what killed the original and its ratings are even worse now.

The show also had way to many characters
but other than that

i think Val does a great job as KITT
I have NO problem with KITT being Mustang
and couldn't care less that Hasselhoff is missing

Think about this
Last edited by K2000kid on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: One way they could save the show

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:53 pm

they cant change anything now, since they finished filming the show awhile ago
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

RedLEDs
Volunteer

Post by RedLEDs » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:00 pm

I agree somewhat - I too would like to see a faster KITT and one that tears past other cars.

You hit the nail on the head about transforming/morphing killing the original series - I think it did too.

RedLEDs

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 pm

There's no way to save the show. I'm pessimistic about the future, because of the lack of promotion, the horrible ratings. Moreover i think NBC gave up and don't care what's going on. The hardcore fans, like us watch every episode, but for a average family it seems as a lame show, sadly.

Rest In Piece, K3TT

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:08 am

DavidKnight wrote:There's no way to save the show. I'm pessimistic about the future, because of the lack of promotion, the horrible ratings. Moreover i think NBC gave up and don't care what's going on. The hardcore fans, like us watch every episode, but for a average family it seems as a lame show, sadly.

Rest In Piece, K3TT
I hope you are wrong because it means the effective death of the franchise as well.

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Sadly not only do i think that the show is in a desperate state but unlike other shows i haven't heard of another network that wanted to buy it to show on their channel in other countries when compared to shows like 24 or Heroes that seemed to be picked up by other channels around the world within weeks. Other network purchases of the show i would assume would be where alot of the initial money is made given how much stations pay per episode. This show isn't a hit and pulling it back to get it sold is going to be more than difficult since the show has picked up a bad reputation. Its not without salvation though but its going to take alot of work and unfortunately these days it seems its easier to pull the plug and make something else.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

GT500KR wrote:they cant change anything now, since they finished filming the show awhile ago
Yep. I agree. They can't save the show now :( It is out of their hands. (Hopefully ratings go up, do NBC take into account how many people download it?)

It's now up 2 us.

Sign the petition. - link is below.

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”