Could Devon Return?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

t.b.77b
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Could Devon Return?

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 pm

I don't know much about this subject and I know that Mulhare couldn't return (because he is no longer here) but I haven't seen any clues that the new series and Knight Rider 2000 are connected so I was wondering if their is a possibility of them bringing back Devon's character for the new FLAG operation.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Charlie Brown
Recruit

Re: Could Devon Return?

Post by Charlie Brown » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Even factoring for Edward Mulhare's passing, the time skip between KR (1982) and KR (2008) would easily put Devon Miles, the character, in his late 80's or 90's. Unless the KR Writers wanted to take liberties with character ages, they'd have a very hard time writing Devon's character into the present storyline and make it all believable.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 pm

I wonder if Devon has any offspring running aorund that they might put in the show.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 pm

I hope not. Edward Mulhare was a class act. I wouldn't want to see him replaced by another actor.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:I hope not. Edward Mulhare was a class act. I wouldn't want to see him replaced by another actor.
I agree :good:

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:I hope not. Edward Mulhare was a class act. I wouldn't want to see him replaced by another actor.
Same here. Edward Mulhare was one of kind.
Lisa :kittside:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:28 pm

LisaRosa wrote:
Harry Singh Jr. wrote:
Same here. Edward Mulhare was one of kind.
That is true but it was just a thought if Devon had a kid that might be cool though.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm

OK, I think I can speak for myself when I say I don't want to see more offspring of original characters for this show. Do we really expect the kids of characters to be carbon copies, to just plug and play into character slots we originally filled? I think it's perfectly OK to invent new characters, instead of retreading old ones. I think that maybe it might have made more sense to have Mike Knight NOT be the son of the original...If the pilot movie is retconned, then what's Mike Knight's burning passion to do the things he does? When all's said and done, he's just an employee...

The "one man can make a difference" theme is not explored here at all, mainly because it's more about teamwork that gets the job done.

bucksanass1
Volunteer

Post by bucksanass1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Bring in Hoff as the Devon of flag n have Sarah fulfil Bonnies post oh yeah an get a semi since they blew up the c131 or what about William Daniels he's old enough and uppity in a good way :wink:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Charlie Brown wrote:Even factoring for Edward Mulhare's passing, the time skip between KR (1982) and KR (2008) would easily put Devon Miles, the character, in his late 80's or 90's. Unless the KR Writers wanted to take liberties with character ages, they'd have a very hard time writing Devon's character into the present storyline and make it all believable.
Precisely....

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:01 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:OK, I think I can speak for myself when I say I don't want to see more offspring of original characters for this show. Do we really expect the kids of characters to be carbon copies, to just plug and play into character slots we originally filled? I think it's perfectly OK to invent new characters, instead of retreading old ones. I think that maybe it might have made more sense to have Mike Knight NOT be the son of the original...If the pilot movie is retconned, then what's Mike Knight's burning passion to do the things he does? When all's said and done, he's just an employee...

The "one man can make a difference" theme is not explored here at all, mainly because it's more about teamwork that gets the job done.

I agree with WIBoomer. Having an offspring from Micheal Knight Snr. seemed like a ridiculous idea when it was first presented four years ago.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:01 am

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:
so do I
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ReeMaria
Volunteer

Post by ReeMaria » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:47 am

I totally agree! Nobody could replace Edward Mulhare.
I'd be happy if we'd see a picture of him, on the show, somewhere, or mentions of Devon. He was just as much a part of the Knight Foundation as Wilton Knight. At least after Wilton died. He deserves to be remembered.
:kittside:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:49 pm

A lot of good points I really agree with all of the posts and it was just a thought that I knew hadn't gotten any attention so I figured I would throw it out there and see what people thought.