My open request for KRO to Interview GST

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My open request for KRO to Interview GST

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:57 am

KRO Staff you guys and gals (Miss Sue) have done a great job on this site and keeping us inadated with new information and behind the scenes information.

Now I have a serious request I believe a lot of the fans would like to have qranted.

I request you guys set up a 20 questions session with GST.(I assume you have the ablity to contact him). One on one with Miss Sue, if she will, taping it.

One of the questions has to be: Is this series a continuation of TOS (like the movie was) or is this a reimagined storyline. I think an answer to that single question will resolve a lot of arguments,specualtion and false hope.

So far (is the series) Michae has said "my dads name was Micheal Long" not my dad used to be Micheal Long before he became Micheal Knight and he drove the first KITT. No references to Wilton Knight, and vague references to the Knight Foundation, no mention at all about the first KITT.I believe its reimagined and not a continuation.

The other members of KRO can decide the other questions, but I would really like GST to answer that one question.

Hopefully I am not out of line or offend anyone by speaking for them, I just feel bad with all the speculation on KARR and everyone hoping it's the return of the original KARR, with the huge let down if it isnt.

I personally believe this KARR is not a reincarnation of the KARR Wilton Knight had built. The latest trailer seems to support my theory, but the episode will either prove me right or wrong. First time I actually hope I'm wrong.

I have said this countless times this Knight Rider is a good show, and everyone knows I support it! But it is like watching Knight Rider in a parallel universe, everything is almost the same but everything is very different. It's almost like an episode of SLIDERS.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Re: My open request for KRO to Interview GST

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 am

I understand where your coming from, I was hoping on some more references so far but I guess they are trying to get the show off the ground. GST stated we will find out abou FLAG in episode 13 and he also answered my question on Knight Writers; "Will you explain the whereabouts of FLAG, Devon, Bonnie, MK, & KI2T" He stated "keep watching". I also really hope they start throwing in some references to the original since it is considered a continuation.

BTW he said "My father's real name is Michael Long".

Joe

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 am

The pilot was a continuation of TOS, and the series is a continuation of the pilot. Otherwise Michael, Sarah and KITT would have never met the way they did.
Ok, some of the decisions regarding the direction of the show were not so great, but I refuse to believe it's a reimagination.
The reboot/retooling should give us more references to the past.
I have high hopes they finally found the right way for KR.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:10 am

I am not trying to me argumentative but I don't see how the fact that they were in the movie is relevant to the series in any way.

In the 2008 movie Mike and Sarah appearently dated for a year, Sarah went to school and Mike disappeared, (Mike was in military school, where he "met someone" later admitting he came back). She sent Mike letters, called him, "practically stalked him", with no reply appearently, until the meet again in Las Vegas in 2008.

In the series Mike was serving in IRAQ, on the night he disappeared he asked Sarah to him, she said yes. Mike then disappeared for 3 years.

KITT in the movies has a differnt interface display, and a sudo gullwing steering wheel.
KITT in the series has a standard steering wheel and the ORB.

KITT in the movie ran on gas and was mostly solar powered.
KITT in the series runs on fuel cells, which appear to be hydrogen based judging from the connector tube in the KITTCAVE.

KITT in the movie was remote control
KITT in the series..ok dont know for sure but I don't think he is.

Sarah was teaching proffessor in the movie
Sarah is a trained operative in the series.

KI2T and Micheal Knight are discussed in the movie
In the series: KI2T not mentioned yet, TOS Micheal Knight only vaguely referenced.

Wilton Knight mention in movie
Wilton Knight never mentioned in series

I think this thread can get out of control really fast, I am not hating on Knight Rider..I love the show, I just want a clarification, because I keep seeing differenences in the history and storylines. This makes it a little difficult for me to follow the storylines. I wish they would have picked right-up from the movie, it would have been easier to follow.

Hey you know what? In the grand scheme of things, continuation or reimagined, I guess it doesn't really matter.

What truely matters is Knight Rider is back on TV and doesn't completely suck, it's really a great show.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:24 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote: In the 2008 movie Mike and Sarah appearently dated for a year, Sarah went to school and Mike disappeared, (Mike was in military school, where he "met someone" later admitting he came back). She sent Mike letters, called him, "practically stalked him", with no reply appearently, until the meet again in Las Vegas in 2008.

In the series Mike was serving in IRAQ, on the night he disappeared he asked Sarah to him, she said yes. Mike then disappeared for 3 years.

This one confused me a bit too.

KITT in the movies has a differnt interface display, and a sudo gullwing steering wheel.
KITT in the series has a standard steering wheel and the ORB.

I can attribute that to "modification". Its just like the attack mode is differeent.

KITT in the movie ran on gas and was mostly solar powered.
KITT in the series runs on fuel cells, which appear to be hydrogen based judging from the connector tube in the KITTCAVE.

Haven't paid attention to this one.

KITT in the movie was remote control
KITT in the series..ok dont know for sure but I don't think he is.

What do you mean he was ..remote control?

Sarah was teaching proffessor in the movie
Sarah is a trained operative in the series.

She got trained, that was implied throughout.
Those are the ones I would have had some idea on... the others are valid questions :mrgreen:

was merely just giving my 2 cents, not "hating" haha.

I would love an interview too but at this point... I just want it stay on the air.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 am

Okay, I agree with you.

There are some changes. But I used to believe those changes were because some time passed between the pilot and the series. So KITT was updated.

Missing references or a more detailed look at Mikes past is does not mean this is a parallel universe. :wink:

The series has a different tone than the pilot, I guess that's why they are not mentioning anything of the past (yet). I hope we will get our continuity by more scanes acknowledging the past. But just because they don't mention it doesn't mean it's not there.

At least that's what I like to believe. (still hoping for references and a more back-to-basic direction)

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:52 am

Garthe,
I sincerly hope your right.
Maybe I am just channeling Adrian Monk today.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Hey KR Shelby,
KITT in the movie was operated by remote control witha 1 mile radius for the scene when KITT is driving the car.
If you watch this Jay Leno video with KITT.http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/02/e ... night.html. About 4 minuite into this Jay explains the remote control system.

Val Kilmer adds a little of his voice to this video as well.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:
Maybe I am just channeling Adrian Monk today.
nice reference to 'monk'... hehehe

From across the pond i get the impression the promotion of the 'retool' is really getting somewhere, I see so much more potential with this series than TKR and look forward to a possible series 2....

I wouldnt mind the return of series arcs though...

Have weekly missions if necessary but have an over all sub plot or 'culmination' of subplots toward the end...

Just like in real FBI work, im pretty sure agents have more than one case they work on at a time and this could be reflected in KR too, albeit without the FBI connection now...

What do others think??

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Hey KR Shelby,
KITT in the movie was operated by remote control witha 1 mile radius for the scene when KITT is driving the car.
If you watch this Jay Leno video with KITT.http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/02/e ... night.html. About 4 minuite into this Jay explains the remote control system.

Val Kilmer adds a little of his voice to this video as well.
aaah, thanks for that vid. Didn't see it before. :)

man..1 more hour, can't wait.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm

OK I am man enought to admit when I am wrong about something.

Although KARR was a new incarnation of KITT's evil twin, the episode was well done.

The story also did enough of an arc to connect it to TOS and the movie in a kinky kinda way, but it workable.

I am very glad to see Wilton Knight's name on the grid in some manner, that seems to tie in Mikes dad, KI2T, FLAG, everything.

Now if we can talk NBC into a second season, maybe we can find out what happened to FLAG and KI2T.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:48 am

Well, SUPPOSEDLY we find that out in what is now the last episode (it used to be next week's)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 am

cloudkitt wrote:Well, SUPPOSEDLY we find that out in what is now the last episode (it used to be next week's)
Ugh...and supposedly we were going to get Hasselhoff back and the Knight 2000 working side-by-side with the Knight 3000, too. And supposedly we were supposed to get possibly Patricia McPherson and/or Peter Parros back for cameos. But by Gary Scott Thompson saying he's open to the possibility of everybody returning, he can tease the original fans and ultimately never deliver while at the same time say, "I never said they were definitely coming back so I wasn't lying." Keep watching for more answers? No, that should be rephrased to say "keep watching for half-hearted attempts to reference the original series but not actually have anything make sense." Gary Scott Thompson has lost his credibility with me as far as I'm concerned.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: