Semi truck from old series

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Silvergt500
Volunteer

Semi truck from old series

Post by Silvergt500 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 am

Does anyone think that they may bring in a truck that KI3T can drive into? I think that they should have kept that even though they have the center of operations i think they should have a mobile unit too

Ontario Knight
Operative

Re: Semi truck from old series

Post by Ontario Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Silvergt500 wrote:Does anyone think that they may bring in a truck that KI3T can drive into? I think that they should have kept that even though they have the center of operations i think they should have a mobile unit too
I think they will.... :kitt:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:55 pm

I thought the cargo plane was their mobile operations unit?

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm hoping for a new updated mobile command center...new truck, old paint...including the beloved Knight Logo...

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 pm

The plane is presumed dead, so they need something. An upgraded semi would work. Does FORD make semis?

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Lynda414 wrote:The plane is presumed dead, so they need something. An upgraded semi would work. Does FORD make semis?

Yes, Ford does have a semi truck that it sells. The logo is the same oval, blue back ground, but a slanted looking S in it. Not like the Steeda one, but you get the idea.
End of line program... -MCP-

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:57 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:I'm hoping for a new updated mobile command center...new truck, old paint...including the beloved Knight Logo...
I agree and have the old Knight Rider music when you see the truck, trumpets and all...Like in Brothers Keeper in the second season of TOS when you see the semi with the Knight Insignia zoomed in and pan out...God I loved those music clips...

Hey didn't the new series movie in February have a commercial when Mike pulls up to a valet and there is that famous Knight Rider music played....Thats what I wanna see...

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 pm

One of the KR employees a guy can't remember his name) that worked on the original series also said in a KRO video that he had been pushing to for them to bring back the semi so with the reboot and the return of FLAG it is highly likely IMO that we will see the return of the semi.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Sterling is the Ford Large Truck name plate

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:45 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Sterling is the Ford Large Truck name plate

Sterling is owned by Daimler who is about to shut down the brand. Not Ford. Ford has no large commercial truck line. Just some tweaked F-series bodies for medium commercial use.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I don't think the semi would work anymore....
And I really don't think it worked back then. Just the logistics of the size or the semi, and the size of the car, and how much non-exsistant room was inside the semi....Just seemed waaaaaaaaaaaay too cheesy.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 pm

There are plenty of C130s where the one that crashed came from, I see no reason to ditch the current form of trasnportation for KITT for an 80's one...

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Lexicon wrote:
WIBoomer1 wrote:Sterling is the Ford Large Truck name plate

Sterling is owned by Daimler who is about to shut down the brand. Not Ford. Ford has no large commercial truck line. Just some tweaked F-series bodies for medium commercial use.

I did not know that. I always thought it was Ford because of the logo, and that the lot here only had othe Ford trucks, and work vans.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm

He's right. Ford sold there commerical truck division to Daimler who took it over and named it Sterling. They also own Freightliner and Western Star trucks too, along with Detroit Diesel.

I was thinking if we're going to do the semi again, let be classy. Use a Peterbilt 389 or Kenworth W900. Beats that GMC they used to use.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:30 am

Why even have a mobile command center? We're in the age of instant communication and video chat. Additionally, KI3T can repair himself. I like TOS but I don't want a semi in every episode (and I most definitely do not want the old fanfare with trumpets and everything; it worked for the old show, but this is a new leaf). It almost doesn't make sense for KI3T to have a mobile command center, given his healing abilities.

I don't think I want the new show to be a rehash of the old show. I'd rather just rewatch the old episodes, if that's what I'm looking for...
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:41 am

lunchmeat wrote:Why even have a mobile command center? We're in the age of instant communication and video chat. Additionally, KI3T can repair himself. I like TOS but I don't want a semi in every episode (and I most definitely do not want the old fanfare with trumpets and everything; it worked for the old show, but this is a new leaf). It almost doesn't make sense for KI3T to have a mobile command center, given his healing abilities.

I don't think I want the new show to be a rehash of the old show. I'd rather just rewatch the old episodes, if that's what I'm looking for...

So you dont want a successful show?

No wonder it's failing.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:58 am

DrWho2005 wrote:
lunchmeat wrote:Why even have a mobile command center? We're in the age of instant communication and video chat. Additionally, KI3T can repair himself. I like TOS but I don't want a semi in every episode (and I most definitely do not want the old fanfare with trumpets and everything; it worked for the old show, but this is a new leaf). It almost doesn't make sense for KI3T to have a mobile command center, given his healing abilities.

So you dont want a successful show?

No wonder it's failing.
Creating a new show that is exactly like the old does not mean that it will be successful. Times change, audiences change, and TV shows evolve with the times. The old show was great, but it by itself won't necessarily work today. Established fans of Knight Rider TOS, such as yourself, might go crazy for it, but the rest of the viewership may not. The "conclusion" to which you came is completely baseless.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 am

That's one of the things, I really don't see a purpose for the new KITT to need the semi for that same reason. KITT can apparently, at least to some level, repair himself and maintain his system in ways the original KITT couldn't. What purpose with the Semi serve in that case?

Also, we pretty much know for a fact that there won't be a semi used in that manner in the next several episodes.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:48 am

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:He's right. Ford sold there commerical truck division to Daimler who took it over and named it Sterling. They also own Freightliner and Western Star trucks too, along with Detroit Diesel.

I was thinking if we're going to do the semi again, let be classy. Use a Peterbilt 389 or Kenworth W900. Beats that GMC they used to use.

I was not trying to say anyone was wrong by any means. I just need to get that out there. I only thought that since the dealership they have here in town had the semi trucks, and other large Ford trucks and comercial vehicals, it was a Ford product. :)

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Try Peterbilt or Kenworth. Kenworth trucks look more futuristic.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:07 am

Whilst I'm an avid fan of the Kenworth W900 for a new version of the semi, late last year, International released the LoneStar, and given its distinctive styling coupled with its traditionally designed aerodynamics, I think it's only fair that it be put forth for consideration. :good:

Matt

Image Image Image
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:16 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:That's one of the things, I really don't see a purpose for the new KITT to need the semi for that same reason. KITT can apparently, at least to some level, repair himself and maintain his system in ways the original KITT couldn't. What purpose with the Semi serve in that case?
Precisely since it has no need of a mobile repair unit like that a semi would be only for pure nostalgia purposes. Besides Sarah's got now more than enough dough to replace the crashed C130 transport and then some!

Alan1972
Volunteer

Post by Alan1972 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 am

Matthew wrote:Whilst I'm an avid fan of the Kenworth W900 for a new version of the semi, late last year, International released the LoneStar, and given its distinctive styling coupled with its traditionally designed aerodynamics, I think it's only fair that it be put forth for consideration. :good:

Matt

Image Image Image
that would be perfect for the new semi. :good:

stringfellow
Volunteer

Post by stringfellow » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 pm

If I'm not mistaken Volvo builds semis and Ford at least partially owns Volvo.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Alan1972 wrote:
Matthew wrote:Whilst I'm an avid fan of the Kenworth W900 for a new version of the semi, late last year, International released the LoneStar, and given its distinctive styling coupled with its traditionally designed aerodynamics, I think it's only fair that it be put forth for consideration. :good:

Matt

Image Image Image
that would be perfect for the new semi. :good:
Why would they even need a semi when KITT can pretty much repair itself?