KARR...Back from the Bridge CPU, or New Creation?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What do you think this KARR is?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:01 am

A. KARR from '82, ala CPU retrieval and placed in a new exoskeleton/Mustang body
48%
B. A completely new enity, that happens to have a simular name to the '82 KARR
24%
C. A mix of both
28%
D. None of the Above
No votes

Total votes: 67

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KARR...Back from the Bridge CPU, or New Creation?

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:01 am

The Battle Royale my friends...you have until the 1/21 to place your bets...

let's get ready to rumble!!!

triran
Rookie

Re: KARR...Back from the Bridge CPU, or New Creation?

Post by triran » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:58 am

A new machine built on the basis of the 82 KARR

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:22 am

I believe that this KARR will be represented with no real connection to the 1982 Trans Am making this KARR a whole new enemy.

I had, for a while, a real problem with the continuity but then just realized that for the most part this KR is a show of it own, like an alternate universe set 25 in the future.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:I had, for a while, a real problem with the continuity but then just realized that for the most part this KR is a show of it own, like an alternate universe set 25 in the future.
Most of the problem was that the producers told us that is was going to be a continuation.

I learned my lesson.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:49 am

Yeah, but I still believe it IS a continuation, no alternate future or new interpretation of the old stuff.
That's what they told us, and that is what I want to see.
I don't get the "forget the old show and you'll be a lot happier with the new one"-stuff. They should improve, they will improve and eventually David Hasselhoff will come back, so continuity is restored.

That's why I believe, KARR is the same CPU that was left still working in the desert. And the fact that Peter Cullen will give KARR his voice again gives me hope that I am right. But hey, we'll see.

K.R.O
Volunteer

Post by K.R.O » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:01 am

I belive it's are old friend the 82 KARR back from the grave and ready to unlease some 21st century butt kick'n. :karr:
Prepare to neutralize

around2k
Stranger

Post by around2k » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 am

My thoughts:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I'm thinkin that this is the one and only KARR. I'm thinking that Dr. G somehow came into the posession of KARR's chip and all of his innovations are based off KARR's chip. He may or may not have had anything to do with the original KITT.
I think KARR is going to fill in the gaps and bridge the new series with TOS. I can't wait to find out!!!

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:04 am

I have a feeling that they won't bother telling us if this KARR has the original CPU from the old KARR and just leave it up to us to decide for ourselves. They'll probably just say it's a prototype that went bezerk with little or no explaination of it's origin. There are many things on this show left pretty much unexplained, so KARR will probably just be another mystery to go with the other mysteries. I'll still keep my fingers crossed though.
One man did make a difference.

Dark Screen
Volunteer

Post by Dark Screen » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:33 am

around2k wrote:My thoughts:
I'm thinkin that this is the one and only KARR. I'm thinking that Dr. G somehow came into the posession of KARR's chip and all of his innovations are based off KARR's chip. He may or may not have had anything to do with the original KITT.
I think KARR is going to fill in the gaps and bridge the new series with TOS. I can't wait to find out!!!
Now there's a cool idea. Mixing in some other ideas and taking it a step further:
maybe Dr Graiman wasn't the original creator of KITT after all, but instead worked for Wilton Knight as the creator of the original KARR . . . and in the KR2008 pilot the trans-ams shown in the garage aren't KITTs at all, but part of his work to resurrect KARR.

He could have recreated the KARR programming from scratch or obtained the remaining parts of the original KARR which had been kept for research, from the foundation (working on the logical assumption that they wouldn't have left the parts just lying in the desert for anyone to find) when it was closed down sometime in the past (as alluded to in the pilot).

Then after a deal with the military they took possession of the new improved KARR and it either went bad like the original (perhaps because some of the original project was used) or was reprogrammed by the military to be a killing machine, Dr Graiman realises Wilton Knight was right to abandon the KARR project all those years ago, and decides to build a new KITT, the KI3T, resurrect the foundation and find the right driver for the KI3T, maybe the original military KARR test driver, Mike Tracer . . .

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 am

89IROCNDoug wrote:I have a feeling that they won't bother telling us if this KARR has the original CPU from the old KARR and just leave it up to us to decide for ourselves. They'll probably just say it's a prototype that went bezerk with little or no explaination of it's origin. There are many things on this show left pretty much unexplained, so KARR will probably just be another mystery to go with the other mysteries. I'll still keep my fingers crossed though.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:58 am

If their smart and want to keep the ratings up, they will make it a KARR from the CPU in 82. That will definitly keep the ratings up. Most viewers of the show are fans of the original.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:49 am

Hmm.. The AI (software) could be from the bridge, The CPU from the 80's bridge is as obsolete as a Texas instrument personal computer by today's standards. :mrgreen:

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:00 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Hmm.. The AI (software) could be from the bridge, The CPU from the 80's bridge is as obsolete as a Texas instrument personal computer by today's standards. :mrgreen:
The AI software could have been updated to operate todays hardware. KARR's Memories could have been wiped but maybe not as thorough as believed. KARR reverted Killed and was deactivated. But why would they reuse KARR's AI software? Charles could have felt regret over his failure with KI2T’s prototype. And when the opportunity to right that wrong came up he reused the AI software. Unlikely, I admit but it could happen.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Knightfan82 wrote:The AI software could have been updated to operate todays hardware. KARR's Memories could have been wiped but maybe not as thorough as believed. KARR reverted Killed and was deactivated. But why would they reuse KARR's AI software? Charles could have felt regret over his failure with KI2T’s prototype. And when the opportunity to right that wrong came up he reused the AI software. Unlikely, I admit but it could happen.
I was talking strictly about the software not the hardware so basically what you are describing is my idea anyway. To have the sofware downloaded into better faster more powerful hardware...

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:47 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:I believe that this KARR will be represented with no real connection to the 1982 Trans Am making this KARR a whole new enemy.

I had, for a while, a real problem with the continuity but then just realized that for the most part this KR is a show of it own, like an alternate universe set 25 in the future.
Yeah I initally thought it was all related to KARR. Would have been nice if it had but I guess K4RR is not KARR, which is why he's in a mustang.

Some interesting ideas being thrown about for a backstory but I somehow doubt the writers are intelligent enough to think of this.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 pm

89IROCNDoug wrote:I have a feeling that they won't bother telling us if this KARR has the original CPU from the old KARR and just leave it up to us to decide for ourselves. They'll probably just say it's a prototype that went bezerk with little or no explaination of it's origin. There are many things on this show left pretty much unexplained, so KARR will probably just be another mystery to go with the other mysteries. I'll still keep my fingers crossed though.
I'll have to agree. Though if you stop to think about it, if this isn't the original K.A.R.R., it still does have the original voice, so it's almost as if it's a cameo appearance by Peter Cullen playing another character that was based off his original character?! :shock:

Yeah, if I screwed around with the timeline that much I would just keep quiet about it, too.

:karr:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:46 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Knightfan82 wrote:The AI software could have been updated to operate todays hardware. KARR's Memories could have been wiped but maybe not as thorough as believed. KARR reverted Killed and was deactivated. But why would they reuse KARR's AI software? Charles could have felt regret over his failure with KI2T’s prototype. And when the opportunity to right that wrong came up he reused the AI software. Unlikely, I admit but it could happen.
I was talking strictly about the software not the hardware so basically what you are describing is my idea anyway. To have the sofware downloaded into better faster more powerful hardware...
It was an attempt on my part to agree with you and add to your idea at the same time. I hope you didnt take it the wrong way.

KittKattBar
Volunteer

Post by KittKattBar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Cullen is actually confirmed to do KARR's voice? Awesome! I'm 90% certain it is the old KARR's CPU.
My next car will be a 2010 Shelby Mustang!

Hellstrom
Stranger

Post by Hellstrom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 pm

I personally hope it is he old KARR CPU which was found by the goverment or somehow made it into their hands at the end of his last appearance. They then installed it in a new mustang body which can transform into this robot form. Sarah's dad and the FBI know about it, but can't do anything about them using it. If it's not something along these lines it would be a waste to have Peter Cullen return to do the voice and be another strike against the show for me. I think I would then have to give up on the show being a continuation of the old one. I was hoping ratings would be good enough to get to the storyline that was hinted at, and that I read about, where we might get a return of David Hasslehoff and the origional KITT for a multi episode arc. (Though I doubt we would see the origional Trans Am version of KITT.) I do have to say that this show is much better in my opinion then TKR.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 am

I think it could be original KARR.I mean I don't think they'd go the distance when it came to voice acting and it wouldn't be the original KARR.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 pm

KittKattBar wrote:Cullen is actually confirmed to do KARR's voice? Awesome! I'm 90% certain it is the old KARR's CPU.
Yes, Peter Cullen is definitely the one to voice the "new" KARR. If you go to IMDB, and look up Peter Cullen, you will see he's listed as being the voice of the new KARR for Knight Rider 2009 ! I was absolutely thrilled when I saw this !
As for if this is the same KARR CPU that was left by the bridge in the 80's, I sure hope so ! It would make much or sense, and be a lot more entertaining if it was.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 pm

MikeBKnight wrote:
KittKattBar wrote:Cullen is actually confirmed to do KARR's voice? Awesome! I'm 90% certain it is the old KARR's CPU.
Yes, Peter Cullen is definitely the one to voice the "new" KARR. If you go to IMDB, and look up Peter Cullen, you will see he's listed as being the voice of the new KARR for Knight Rider 2009 ! I was absolutely thrilled when I saw this !
As for if this is the same KARR CPU that was left by the bridge in the 80's, I sure hope so ! It would make much or sense, and be a lot more entertaining if it was.
Again if by CPU people mean the AI software then yes but the hardware that is the Chip itself is now as obsolete as a Texas instrument personal computer. I have no doubts that KARRS AI was salvaged from the bridge and downloaded into a better more advanced more powerful CPU.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm

As of 7:30 PM CST, 50% believe that this version of KARR is in fact the 82 KARR'S CPU placed into a new shell, while almost 25% believe that this is a completely new creation that just so happens to have a simular name to the 82 KARR, and the remainder think it's a mix of both...

23 h and 25 minutes left to go. Place your bets, and remember this is only an exhibition, no real cubits are in play...

TwilightPro101
Recruit

Post by TwilightPro101 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:51 pm

around2k wrote:My thoughts:
Betting on the same.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:As of 7:30 PM CST, 50% believe that this version of KARR is in fact the 82 KARR'S CPU placed into a new shell, while almost 25% believe that this is a completely new creation that just so happens to have a simular name to the 82 KARR, and the remainder think it's a mix of both...

23 h and 25 minutes left to go. Place your bets, and remember this is only an exhibition, no real cubits are in play...
Can any of you define CPU please? Because if you mean hardware any hardware from the 80's would be obsolete by today's standards. But if you mean the AI software that's another ballgame.