So I've seen the old trans-am conversions...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KIITT
Stranger

So I've seen the old trans-am conversions...

Post by KIITT » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

And I wager at least one person out there may have converted a mustang...

Has anyone tried doing a sort of "hybrid" conversion...

using the 00 series firebirds/trans-ams?

I currently have a 00 Formula that from day 1 I've known as ...well, you get the idea.

Just wondering if anyone's seen mods/conversion, in part, or in total, interior and otherwise, for the last generation of firebirds.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Re: So I've seen the old trans-am conversions...

Post by BlackKitt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:18 pm

On an $80,000 car I doubt it. Wouldn't be too difficult for the most part, the scanner lights and KITT's two-tone black and red seats. I'd do the seats but skip the lights.

AZKNIGHT
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by AZKNIGHT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:55 pm

I know of one conversion company that offers 4th gen Trans Am Knight Rider parts...http://www.adiautotech.com/. The owner is a cool guy and has a lot of stuff that's not pictured on the site. If you're interested, shoot him an email.
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 am

Well to make it way out of the ordinary, I am in the middle of (actually, slowly starting) converting my 95 Dodge Avenger into KITT. Currently getting the paintjob planned out with a local airbrush artist and getting the lights installed. Next up is the dash and KITT voicebox. I also have a website dedicated to this oddball project if anyone is curious.
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Avenger95 wrote:Well to make it way out of the ordinary, I am in the middle of (actually, slowly starting) converting my 95 Dodge Avenger into KITT. Currently getting the paintjob planned out with a local airbrush artist and getting the lights installed. Next up is the dash and KITT voicebox. I also have a website dedicated to this oddball project if anyone is curious.
I'd be interested in seeing your website dedicated to your conversion. What's the link?
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Avenger95 wrote:Well to make it way out of the ordinary, I am in the middle of (actually, slowly starting) converting my 95 Dodge Avenger into KITT. Currently getting the paintjob planned out with a local airbrush artist and getting the lights installed. Next up is the dash and KITT voicebox. I also have a website dedicated to this oddball project if anyone is curious.
Oh, man, this makes me miss my 95 Dodge Avenger! Mine was a metallic teal blue with a spoiler, sunroof, nice radio and seats. I had it for 10 years until it started to fall apart last fall. It would have been cool to turn it into Kitt. :D
As it is, I traded it in for a 09 Ford Fusion with Microsoft Sync which kind of makes it like Kitt. It's funny when I'm asking it to switch songs on my iPod or make a call. People look at me funny. :lol:
Lisa :kittside:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:45 am

AZKNIGHT wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing your website dedicated to your conversion. What's the link?
Same here man, u got a web site for that? :kitt: