News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: News: Hasselhoff to return as series regular!?

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm all for David returning, of course, but the tone of the new series seems to be much different than that of the original series. Therefore, it's tough for me to imagine David and William Daniels in this sexed-up, almost juvenile version of the franchise. I would like to see the tone of the show get a little bit darker and serious (but with Billy and Zoey still remaining that'll probably never happen) along the lines of Season 4. Even though Knight Rider 2000 was a lousy and depressing movie, Hasselhoff and Daniels' acting styles fit into the movie's tone, which is almost like another dimension.

And good writing and stories go without saying, of course.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I'm all for David returning, of course, but the tone of the new series seems to be much different than that of the original series. Therefore, it's tough for me to imagine David and William Daniels in this sexed-up, almost juvenile version of the franchise. I would like to see the tone of the show get a little bit darker and serious (but with Billy and Zoey still remaining that'll probably never happen) along the lines of Season 4. Even though Knight Rider 2000 was a lousy and depressing movie, Hasselhoff and Daniels' acting styles fit into the movie's tone, which is almost like another dimension.

And good writing and stories go without saying, of course.
My Brother Knight,
I understand your words and respect what you say. It is hard to beat, or should I say repeat, the chemistry of two actors when they get it just right.

But again this is 25 years later, a different time. In today’s society, sexed-up and stupid seems to be a trend that works, when you look at some of the movies made today.

Like it or not Knight Rider is a product to NBC, they are trying to market it to the public in a format they think works. Hopefully the failing ratings, input from Knight Rider Fans like you and I have set them straight and the “Reboot” will restore the core principles, standards and seriousness to the show, with just the right amount of campyness.

Please keep the faith and remain loyal to the show, it will get better I believe that.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:53 pm

You'd think someone in the media would have asked Hasselhoff by now. If this was Shatner, there would have been a YouTube video up within a day saying "JJ still hasn't asked me" :lol:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:21 pm

you need to place the unique shatner pausation to this. "Dude That.. IS...Sooo,, Wrong.. "
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:26 am

Although I'm highly disappointed in Hasselhoff at the moment (for reasons obvious to anyone who has seen his "six-minutes-of-shame" on the Net), I would love to see Michael Knight Sr return as a semi-regular on the show, played by a sober Hasselhoff. Perhaps even with guest appearances by William Daniels as the voice of now semi-retired KI2T. It might also be a fitting tribute to Edward Mulhare if some British actor were to be cast in the role of another semi-regular cast member who is the grandchild of Devon Miles and perhaps works closely with Michael Sr. in a behind-the-scenes capacity at the post-SSC headuarters (rebooted Foundation). Just a few rough ideas. Basically, after the SSC (rumored destroyed in next week's episode), a private organization dedicated to the original mission of FLAG needs to take over. As an aside, I hope Charles is only "presumed dead" although a lengthy recovery from severe injuries, cameo appearances as hospitalized in an undisclosed place, and reappearance next season would allow maximum plausibility.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:44 pm

I very much doubt that he will return as a regular but he could very well become a semi-regular appearing every now and then as a guest star.

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:07 pm

WTF! I hope it's true... :D :D :D :D :D :good: :kittside: :kittside: :kitt: :kitt:

David
Rookie

Post by David » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Edward Mulhare wasn't British, he was born in Cork.

The character Devon was English though, his original surname in the pilot script being "Shire" - something that would have provided a few chuckles for viewers on the colder, wetter side of the Atlantic. Glad they went with Miles!