Possible bad news...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

gotigers1
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Possible bad news...

Post by gotigers1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_ ... _nbc_shows

Just seen this on yahoo news...
The network executive's enthusiasm doesn't extend to the new sitcom "Kath & Kim" and "Knight Rider." The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, she said. She called them "indicative of shows that may or may not be coming back."

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Re: Possible bad news...

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:14 pm

The key is who this is coming from: Angela Bromstad, new president of prime-time entertainment for NBC. But did anyone really think it would go any other way? I was sorta stunned that NBC gave it a full season order given the amount of bad press this show has gotten since it aired. Then when they cut the episode order down I knew it was toast. I don't think a show that had its episode order cut has ever survived. But people have been in denial for weeks.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:38 pm

I think we've found who we need to start that writing campaign to folks...

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Lets hope my other favorite nbc show is safe.Ie Chuck if it isnt im going to raise some hell.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 pm

NBC used to be good, but they dont get it anymore. Knight Rider is on a bad night and doesnt get much advertisment. Of course the ratings wont be as good as they were hoping. This show can work but they are doing a poor job in how they are producing it. There was no need to put GST in charge after the pilot.

They say they are going to replace Jay Leno 3 years in advance and then decide to give him a show at 10pm? Thus screwing Conan O'Brien and the tradition of The Tonight Show. Chuck is in trouble. My Own Worst Enemy was cancelled. They have screwed up so much over there, and in my opinion it's ever since Zucker took full control. I am also not too fond of how they covered the presidential campaign either.

Soon the entire network will be nothing but Law and Order spinoffs and shows starring Howie Mandel. :evil:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 pm

I think Sunday night would be the perfect night for knight rider. That's when the movie premiered to good ratings. people and families are settling down and relaxing. ALso the lack of promotion is what's killing the show. What also killed the show was the lack of quality in the first set of episodes.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Promote the damn show. PLEASE.

I've seen two commercials. Yes I know promotions cost money but give it a try. I have many friends who don't' really watch TV at all anymore..but go "haha awesome, knight rider thats jokes!" When they see my MIO GPS. Most of them don't even know that there is a new knight rider on TV. It has potential, but no one knows its even on.

All I'm asking is some good promotion, during key peak times, and see how it does.

If not, KR is toast, and I'm sad as hell but what can we do. NBC would have effed up big time. No one likes the shows you do not advertise.

Lets put it this way, before I became a fan of KR08, the first image of the new KR I saw was in the subway of NBC's new shows. This was in the fall...right as the show started going. I hunted for the pilot and have been hooked since. Its all about advertising. Show = retool? Let people know about it.

PS: I know this post is kind of repetitive lol, but mostly its a rant.. :)

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:10 am

i submitted an email to cardomain since they do a blog everyday, and see if they will promote kr, they promoted epiosde 1 but nothing since
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am

knightny wrote:NBC used to be good, but they dont get it anymore. Knight Rider is on a bad night and doesnt get much advertisment. Of course the ratings wont be as good as they were hoping. This show can work but they are doing a poor job in how they are producing it. There was no need to put GST in charge after the pilot.

They say they are going to replace Jay Leno 3 years in advance and then decide to give him a show at 10pm? Thus screwing Conan O'Brien and the tradition of The Tonight Show. Chuck is in trouble. My Own Worst Enemy was cancelled. They have screwed up so much over there, and in my opinion it's ever since Zucker took full control. I am also not too fond of how they covered the presidential campaign either.

Soon the entire network will be nothing but Law and Order spinoffs and shows starring Howie Mandel. :evil:
Yeah, they are screwing Conan, aren't they? It is a shame because NBC used to be the best network (IMO). When they cancel Knight Rider, I'm going to be done with them for awhile.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am

TV is trendy.. unfortunately by today’s standards you don’t need talent, good writing or storylines to have a hit tv show. TV programmers look at what attracts viewers.. That’s what attracts sponsors.. Sponsors mean money.

25 years ago Knight Rider was unheard of in the TV market. It peaked at a time when crime dramas and sci-fi had a good draw.

Today people would rather watch American Idiot where people with no talent make fools of themselves, while Simon insults them, Paula gets weirder and Randy calls everyone Dog. Because it makes them feel better about themselves, hot cars and saving the day, means nothing today.

Knight Rider is a good show, which may fall by the wayside because of a failing economy, a cheap network, and a lack of caring by the actors themselves.

If I were an actor and I was in a lead role on Knight Rider, I would have my agent book me at every convention, talk show, red carpet event, so I could to draw attention to the show. Heck I might even buy a mustang to show up in.

Again I stress the two lead actors haven’t bothered to sign the online petition. If for no other reason then to let the fans know they are fighting to renew the series and the care as much as we do.

NBC promotes the KARR episode as the battle begins.. Let me ask how many people outside of the fan base even know what KARR is or what the “battle” is about?

Why would anyone not a fan of Knight Rider want to watch the show with an ad like that?

NBC should be promoting the hell out of this episode. Every hero needs a nemesis was a good start. Maybe they should do something like show KITT ..show Graimen..Show KARR .. He created both.. One programmed to protect humanity at all costs.. the other programmed for self preservation. See the clash of the super cars …only one will survive.. Something to get you interested. The commercial I’ve seen seems aimed at the established fan base and not geared to increasing the fan base or drawing viewers to the show.

I think NBC plans on letting Knight Rider die a quite death after season one.
I think we should enjoy the rest of season one. Although I do not expect NBC to pick up a show, as expensive as Knight Rider for season two. But if they do we can all consider it a pleasant surprise.

There are few show worth watching these days, Knight Rider, The Mentalist, Monk..There isn't even any realy good sci/fi except for Galactica and thats ending.. hmm Much like back up plans, TV shows these days, suck.

NBC. No Body Cares
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:48 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:TV is trendy.. unfortunately by today’s standards you don’t need talent, good writing or storylines to have a hit tv show. TV programmers look at what attracts viewers.. That’s what attracts sponsors.. Sponsors mean money.

25 years ago Knight Rider was unheard of in the TV market. It peaked at a time when crime dramas and sci-fi had a good draw.

Today people would rather watch American Idiot where people with no talent make fools of themselves, while Simon insults them, Paula gets weirder and Randy calls everyone Dog. Because it makes them feel better about themselves, hot cars and saving the day, means nothing today.

Knight Rider is a good show, which may fall by the wayside because of a failing economy, a cheap network, and a lack of caring by the actors themselves.

If I were an actor and I was in a lead role on Knight Rider, I would have my agent book me at every convention, talk show, red carpet event, so I could to draw attention to the show. Heck I might even buy a mustang to show up in.

Again I stress the two lead actors haven’t bothered to sign the online petition. If for no other reason then to let the fans know they are fighting to renew the series and the care as much as we do.

NBC promotes the KARR episode as the battle begins.. Let me ask how many people outside of the fan base even know what KARR is or what the “battle” is about?

Why would anyone not a fan of Knight Rider want to watch the show with an ad like that?

NBC should be promoting the hell out of this episode. Every hero needs a nemesis was a good start. Maybe they should do something like show KITT ..show Graimen..Show KARR .. He created both.. One programmed to protect humanity at all costs.. the other programmed for self preservation. See the clash of the super cars …only one will survive.. Something to get you interested. The commercial I’ve seen seems aimed at the established fan base and not geared to increasing the fan base or drawing viewers to the show.

I think we should enjoy the rest of season one. Although I do not expect NBC to pick up a show, as expensive as Knight Rider for season two. But if they do we can all consider it a pleasant surprise.

There are few show worth watching these days, Knight Rider, The Mentalist, Monk..There isn't even any realy good sci/fi except for Galactica and thats ending.. hmm Much like back up plans, TV shows these days, suck.

NBC. No Body Cares
I agree with you! Get KI3T to do a promotion on the Tonight Show,or have him appear as a guest star on Extra or Access Hollywood. People will recognize KI3T more than anything else!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:TV is trendy.. unfortunately by today’s standards you don’t need talent, good writing or storylines to have a hit tv show. TV programmers look at what attracts viewers.. That’s what attracts sponsors.. Sponsors mean money.

NBC. No Body Cares
Major Mega Ditto's! I totally agree.

NBC is doing the same to KR as Universal did to TKR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEJOQwpvLEin the 90's. No promotion. Granted the only time I see it promoted is a youtube clip through here, since I don't watch NBC unless KITT is on. NBC also killed any kind of future for Viper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u95IHZ1dnNI&NR=1 and Dark Skies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWHbwgOsElsas well when they didn't promote either one of those. Granted they lasted a month instead of an abridged first season. When I heard that episodes and cast were being cut for "cost reasons" I figured that I should watch the possible last few episodes and rewatch them later. And go back to my usual TV show watching of 24 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVnRNngelU, Terminatorhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjLne16FKmQ and Fox News.

I'll miss KITT in any model of car, but this series has done what TKR did in the 90's as well. The show got better as it went on but by then it was too late. I just hope NBC doesn't leave us hanging like Universal did with TKR.

Well let's break out the imaginations and start writing fan fiction, since it seems that's the only way our love for Mike and KITT will survive. My sequel to my "answer" to the TKR cliffhanger has been put on hold since I've got a 2 and 3 year old that are keeping me busy.

David

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:22 am

Speaking of fanfiction... *Looks at signature meaningfully* Hehe, sorry, I had to.

I do hope that KR makes it to a second season, if for no other reason than this place will just shut down if it get's cancelled.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:52 am

Did you all this the section where shes quoted 'May or May not be coming back..'?

Lets not start hanging on our every word, remember when NBC cut the series number? Everyone was jumping on the 'oh no its canceled' bandwagon, only for GST to announce that the show wasn't at all canceled. Shes clearly stated it may be coming back, and lets face it, she isn't the only voice. So long as there are other people at NBC supporting the show there's a fair chance it will return.

We still have a run of potentially VERY good episodes coming up, if the series picks up and proves a success, well honestly, I think NBC would be mental for killing off a show with massive marketing potential!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 am

yea but Female President will never be a good thing, ie: If Hilary becomes President, haha.

I saw the "MAY" part also, but how are the ratings for Kath and Kim compared to KR?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:41 am

Maybe she just has something against the letter 'K'? :lol:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Um......Uh-Oh

'30 Rock' gets a renewal from NBC while 'Knight Rider' slot is given to new reality show 'The Chopping Block'

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00021256.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:Um......Uh-Oh

'30 Rock' gets a renewal from NBC while 'Knight Rider' slot is given to new reality show 'The Chopping Block'

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00021256.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wait a second here "The Chopping Block" is a summer show and giving them the time slot over the summer has nothing to do with the future of the show.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:04 am

The chopping block? What is it another chef reality show? Or can we put some of NBC's execs necks on the chopping block?

Let's hope this one fails like Rosie's talent show did, when they put it in KITT's spot during the Holidays.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:14 am

I think they need the first season on dvd, also more promoting ,esepcially overseas, we only got the pilot in australia, also make it available for people to buy on itunes overseas too, that would help promote the show too.
--knightman--

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:47 am

the fact that it is being replaced by another show, named the chopping block, is a bad omen! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 am

If you use reverse psychology, it's actually an extremely good, tongue in cheek, omen. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Matthew wrote:If you use reverse psychology, it's actually an extremely good, tongue in cheek, omen. :good:

Matt
:twisted: If you take KITT's time slot, prepare to face the chopping block... :twisted:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 am

As I stated before "The Chopping Block" is a show that will be on in the summer when KR is in its off season and a network would be stupid to just turn of it's signal because no new shows are on at that time they are just filling the spot during to off-season. It IS NOT a signal that KR has been canned.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:32 am

Well regardless of how well the new episodes of Knight rider are if they are not promoted aggressively nobody is going to watch them. That's just the pattern were seeing. I'm guessing that the ratings for the Karr episode will be in line with the ratings were seeing for the show now.

The Pilot had real good ratings because they promoted it. They promoted it aggressively. Now maybe after people watched the pilot for whatever reason some people were turned off by it and decided against watching it... who knows, but the fact remains their not promoting enough.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline