Knight Rider Companion book ready for pre-order

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Companion book ready for pre-order

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Hey Guys and Hi Victor

I was reading that some Books are shipped out for people who payed for. I cant wait to have my book, but my wife says no Mail or something was coming. I hope its gettin fast :mrgreen: Cant wait to get it in my Hands :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :good: :good:

@Victor

Is the Shipping for the Name "Cross" out?? :mrgreen:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 pm

I got mine yesterday... this thing is heavy...

Smaller then what I thought... but it is thick, filled with photos, interviews... let's just say I started reading it when I got home from work about 6:00 pm CST and didn't stop until 9:00 pm CST. Barely enough time to go through everything... my wife just kept watching TV and cooking dinner... I was too engrossed with it to put it down... lol!

Very well done... and quite a few things that we thought were true ended up being slightly skewed...

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:41 pm

I would love to get one and put next to my copy of Knight Rider Legacy, but I am just concerned on ordering it and my credit card info get stolen or used. I bought Legacy by finding out Barnes and Noble could special order it and that's how I obtained my copy. Is there any way you will have in the future of ordering it from a retailer such as Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, B-Dalton, Waldenbooks, etc.?

:skar:

kitt1987
Recruit

Post by kitt1987 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Just got my copy of the book two days ago and I must say it is mighty fine! Wish it could have physically been larger but that's the only thing I would change.
If you're a big fan of the old show and have the funds to cough up for this I say do it!

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Cross posted from Knight Registries

Just got my copy in yesterday and spent some time reading last night.

Let me preface by saying any criticism I voice are minor quibbles. The book is fantastic and high quality, chock full of great information, awesome pictures, and is the resource for a Knight Rider fan. I highly recommend that everyone pick up a copy if/when they're able to.

Nick's digital drawings (especially the schematic-like ones of KITT's dash) are fantastic. The comparisons between the 3 whole dash boards were great but it would've been nice if their could've been more length and width to the pages to work with. I'm sure those raw images could've been printed at near poster size and still looked clean.

In a purely subjective (and horribly nit-picky) observation, I'm not sure I'd have gone with Times New Roman for the main font of the text. Anymore, that looks antiquated and sort of feels like I'm reading something I wrote for Jr. High English in 1995. It's especially striking when some of the annotations or captions are in a different, much cleaner and more modern-looking font.

There are a few typos here and there and some kind of weird transcription things from the interviews. (For instance, instead of being put as such: Joe asked me, "Do you want to go to the store?" the interviews tend to be punctuated: Joe asked me do you want to go to the store?) There's just a few errors I've run across like that, which is common in any first print of a book (especially something with this insane volume of text). It never prevents you from understanding what is being said, but it could use some clean up. Nick, if you would like me to compile some of the errors I come across as I read through it for a possible second printing, I'd be more than happy to do that for you. I know how nice it is to have a fresh set of eyes looking at something when you've working with it for so long.

The softcover, on a book this size, is a little bit of a bummer, as the spine is very likely to crease as you read it. If you're a neat-freak who has to have everything be perfect looking, that might be bothersome to you. If you'd rather have it show off, "Hey, this book is awesome, and I've read it a lot and it shows!" then it won't matter at all. I tend to fall into the latter category so I'm all good with it, but boy-oh-boy would a nicely-bound hardcover edition be awesome. Of course, it would probably cost a $100 or more so, them's the breaks I guess.

The Knight Rider Companion is fantastic. I was on the fence about getting it, especially at the high price (relative to what I'd normally splurge on, not relative to the product itself). In the end, I'm very thankful to have it and glad I took the plunge. I would say if you're reading this, and thus on a Knight Rider message board, you should have this on your shelf.

Nick has presented a labor of love whose pros make the cons not even worth mentioning. Despite having to pay for it, I really feel this is a gift to the fandom that offers amazing insights into the behind-the-scenes stuff for the making of our favorite talking Trans-Am and the world of Knight Rider.

Knight Rider Companion was made for you. I hope that you all have the means and take the time to get and enjoy it.

Thanks again, Nick. I hope the book turns out to be a roaring success for you, and at least makes the tremendous amount of effort worthwhile for you.

1/16/09

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Has orders for international customers been sorted out yet?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am

Greetings everyone,

Regarding international ordering for The Knight Rider Companion, I have been working very hard on setting up a smooth operation to handle fulfilling international orders. I had originally intended to launch the new knighridercompanion.com website last wednesday but unfortunately there were some snags to deal with.

I will have the website online very shortly in the next week or so and when it comes online, I should have the shopping cart up and running so people can once again order the book domestically and internationally and various other sections detailing the book features and so on. It is important to address that all domestic orders will be handled exclusively through my distributor NextGen and they will only ship using UPS.

All placed pre-orders from December should have been shipped at this time. If you are an international customer who placed a pre-order and disputed the shipping total requested by UPS, your order has been cancelled. All international customers who placed a pre-order that was not paid for will need to re-place a new order once international shipping becomes availible. It was necessary to stop all international orders so that further confusion and disputes about shipping could be avoided. As soon as I am ready to start taking international orders again, things will be back on track.

All payments are being handled by PayPal and you can use any payment options they offer to compete your order. You should receive an invoice from NextGen on domestic orders that will link to a PayPal invoice to complete your transaction. Your order will then ship as quickly as possible from NextGen's location. These orders can take 5-10 days to arrive depending on location.

If you would like to place a domestic order, please use the link below

http://www.nextgensimple.com/main.sc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOTE: Please ignore the international order link, because it will only tell you to order off the KRC site which is not yet online.

I will only handle fulfilling international orders as I am only shipping them exclusively using USPS flat rate priority boxes, instead of the outregously unacceptable price demands of UPS. These shipping options or prices are non-negotionable as they are the most effective means necessary to ship the book outside the USA and in one piece when it gets there.

NOTE: Originally domestic orders were going out in bubble wrap envelops which caused some copies to arrive with damage. Because of these unforseen circumstances, all books are now being shipped in sturdy boxes which should prevent further damage on newly placed orders. I apologize for the inconvience and have corrected the problem.

Thanks again for your continued patience and your enthusiasim for the book. Self Publishing and distributing a book continues to be a learning process and I hope to have everything running smoothly as soon as possible.

When the official site goes live, I will make sure everyone knows.

There are still plenty of books to go around.

=VK=
:dash:

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Just bought mine can't wait for it to arrive! Another addition to put next to my Knight Rider Legacy book! :D

:skar: