Live Discussion - Day Turns Into Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittxthexcat
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Day Turns Into Knight

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Mathyus wrote:
coach41 wrote: The Tranformers fans may get disappointed that KARR gets destroyed (presumably) at the end of next week's episode.

Are we sure this is going to happen? The preview did say that the battle begins next week. The wording of that could mean KARR will be in more than just the one show.
The synopsis does technically say "to destroy the evil KARR once and for all"...I seriously, seriously hope they don't. Shows are always better when there's a "lurking arch nemisis" some where out there :P
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:06 pm

That was fantastic. Great pacing, great story, and KITT was awesome - his responses were great.

And the last line.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:39 pm

LOVED this episode! :) I agree with what others are saying about the favorite parts so I won't repeat them here. Though one thing kind of got me thinking. In the plane, they had the option to jump. So when they saw the red light blinking I don't know why they didn't jump. Or maybe they did? It does kind of leave it open for a return if they want (like KARR did in the 3rd season of the original series). And yet it can go the more permanent way too. It's good that they at least left some things open (including Carrie, which I thought was dead). So we have two of the 3 gone but not in a way that there wouldn't be a possibility to write in a rather believable comeback if in the future they decide to. I hope they do Alex Torres' part that way too - gone but might not be gone. I always liked his character as well.

I'm VERY much looking forward to KARR's return next week! :) And I'm quite glad to hear Peter Cullen in the previews. This is going to get good. :)

jeregano
Volunteer

Post by jeregano » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm

I am surprised by the number of people who seem to think Mike was up-beat or enjoying killing people. As he was about to do this KITT specifically asked him if he was still having fun (as he was when he was breaking the law by speeding and avoiding the police...and who among us hasn't considered that when we were doing 15 over on the highway and seen the flashing red and blues behind us) and Mike clearly stated for KITT, and the kids at home mind you, that he didn't enjoy this part. I thought he did it kind of as it was needed, quickly and matter of factly with no real joy at all. He wouldn't have had time to mourn, cry, and hand wring over each shot, he had to keep moving, but I don't think he seemed to enjoy it at all. He did it to get it done. At least that is the way it seemed to me, anyone else feel that way? I think it was well done, and while not something I hope to see every week (Mike never really even carries a gun and the times he's typically had one he took it off someone else and stuck it in his waist band without using it anyway), I think it was needed this week in this situation.

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm

I have to add that I actually liked the two Attack Mode scenes. Seeing that there might be the need on occasion to have sirens, it seems logical to me that they would program this in. That, and we did see red and blue lights on the Knight 2000, so why not a full fledged "bubble gum machine" (don't scowl at me...I've heard it on occasion) up top of the 3000?

As for Stealth Attack Mode, I thought of it as Attack Mode and the classic Silent Mode combined...although I would have preferred them to say "Silent Attack Mode", but in this day and age, it probably wouldn't take.

OK, I'm off to re-watch "Trust Doesn't Rust " and "KITT vs. KARR" in anticipation of next week's ep.
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 pm

jeregano wrote:I am surprised by the number of people who seem to think Mike was up-beat or enjoying killing people. As he was about to do this KITT specifically asked him if he was still having fun (as he was when he was breaking the law by speeding and avoiding the police...and who among us hasn't considered that when we were doing 15 over on the highway and seen the flashing red and blues behind us) and Mike clearly stated for KITT, and the kids at home mind you, that he didn't enjoy this part. I thought he did it kind of as it was needed, quickly and matter of factly with no real joy at all. He wouldn't have had time to mourn, cry, and hand wring over each shot, he had to keep moving, but I don't think he seemed to enjoy it at all. He did it to get it done. At least that is the way it seemed to me, anyone else feel that way? I think it was well done, and while not something I hope to see every week (Mike never really even carries a gun and the times he's typically had one he took it off someone else and stuck it in his waist band without using it anyway), I think it was needed this week in this situation.
That's basically the point I was trying to make in my post. Again, I think the "I get to shoot the bad guys" line may have confused people because it seemed at odds with his earlier statement that he didn't find this part fun. But Mike was likely just messing with the villain as moreso than making any real statement about how he feels about shooting people.

I pretty much agree with everything in your post. He was matter of fact about it. I think partly because he's a former soldier to begin with and partly because he was very focused on getting to Olara which was not only his mission but also what he felt was the right thing to do.

I actually find it much more enjoyable when Mike is in hand to hand combat rather than gunplay but I think they handled this well. They didn't go for a lot of shock and gore with it which many other shows right now totally would have done. He shot em, they're dead, we get it. We don't have to see lots of splatter to establish it. Nothing gratuitous required and the show was better served for the approach.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm

"goldbug"]
PHOENIXZERO wrote:On the other hand, I really don't have too much of a problem with Mike shooting/killing the bad guys (better him than KITT) though he shouldn't have seemed so upbeat about it.
From the moment they arrive at the plant, Mike has a grim face on and becomes very "matter of fact" and doesn't crack even a grin. He shoots several bad guys, jaw set each time, eyes focused and intense. The dialogue before he enters the building:

KITT: "Michael, these men are armed and very dangerous. Are you still having fun?"
MIKE: "This part I don't like so much."

I fail to see how that is him being "upbeat". Sounds to me like he was determined to do what needed to be done, but wasn't happy about it.[/quote]

Like I said, I was distracted while watching it and had to watch it again, yeah he did say that and I got a bit confused probably because of his banter with Stevens at the end about how the people he works for let him shoot bad guys though that wasn't exactly upbeat. Like I said before, all in all, I don't think I have much problem with Mike taking out bad guys by shooting them, not preferable but it works at least in some situations, though I dunno if that's still going to work as well when he's no longer working for the government. It has been over 20 years and in many aspects the world is a lot meaner than it use to be. Over all though, I have less of an issue with it being Mike doing the "dirty work" and I'd still have a much, much larger issue if it were KITT taking them out with deadly force. Still sucks they killed off Stevens.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Well just got done re watching it and found a booboo which I have seen to many times on various other movies and videos and it needs to stop. The Fighter Jets after KITT in the beginning on the monitor Torres is showing are F14 Tomcats not F15's as Graimen states in the C-130. It just drives me nuts that they cant get it right!!! Just call them Fighter Jets If you are not sure!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Lauzzy81
Recruit

Post by Lauzzy81 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Very good episode indeed, just saw it online, like many of us outside the US have to!

Like many off u, I'm sorry that they had to "kill" Dr. Grainman off, but I liked the way they did it, for me it seems there can be a possibility that he maybe have survived the crash and maybe returns in the future (if we ever gonna get a season 2)

It was a very good episode, maybe the best yet :)

i was on the edge off my seat the most of the episode and I actually got a little sad when KI3T said: "Sarah, our Father is dead", I thought it was very touching!

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:27 pm

The ORIGINAL Shaft running the new FLAG?

"He's a bad mutha...

Shut yo' mouth!!

I'm just talking about KITT.

We can dig it!"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 pm

A great episode but still not as brilliant as the previous one. Plot was okay. Greenscreening was still atrocious. Anyone notice that when KI3T was headed for the chemical plant and Mike was watching the cameras, there was traffic in front of them. I counted at least three points when they should have crashed into the car in front. You see a queue of traffic, cut to Mike's face, cut back and suddenly empty road again. This happened twice! Please sort out greenscreen. It doesn't work.
goldbug wrote:The way they handled the departure of Rivai and Graiman were interesting in that they didn't happen how I was speculating they would at all.
Like others, I was hoping they'd all die at the hands of KARR, especially Torres - he'd deserve it!
Mathyus wrote:I do not think his death will be a fake this time around.
I'm still hoping Graiman's death was faked. He's the one person who can tie everything together with TOS/Torres/K4RR/Mike etc. He should have stayed.
greelywinger wrote:I think Charle's death was unexpected. I too would have liked to see him face Karr.
Yes - he would have known all about KARR's weaknesses etc and could have told us about its history as the stuff with Mike.
lunchmeat wrote:KI3T crashing through the gate = win. We knew it'd happen, but I liked the suspense and the way they set it up.
I was just salivating in anticipation for the moment and it paid off! I hope we get to see a few broken walls soon.
tamatt27 wrote: Was it just me, or did anyone else NOT mind Mike shooting up the place. It felt like the situation was more real and intense.
It felt right and fit the tone of the moment, rather than just shooting everything left, right and centre. I don't mind Mike keeping a gun on him as long as it's a last resort rather than the first thing he goes for.
KITT wrote:police KITT = stupid. but at least they're toning down the random transformations. and KITT *is* becoming more sarcastic. which i like. i just hope they don't go too far with it.
I was hoping they'd have transformed like they did in the poison ep? Was much better.
KITT wrote: Sarah's hand positioning on the bomb trigger was quite different each shot.
Did you spot Sarah's head bobbing abotu Mike's shoulder, mostly onto Mike's left shoulder but one shot it was on the right!
KamenRider wrote:I think there is something up with Graiman's death. Offhand I'm thinking either he isn't dead or that his death was rigged and Torres may have something to do with it.
You know what? I actually thought the pilot was corrupt and was gonna kill Graiman. Knew he was gonna die when Sarah told him to get into the car and he said okay.

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Oh yeah, that was a great episode! The tension kept building perfectly, from Mike and KITT dealing with the bomb to Zoe and Mr. Revai waiting to see if Carrie would pull thru. And after each mini-cliffhanger, we get a little bit of a respite before the next surprise. Disable the bomb? Sure, but it wasn't as big as it should have been. Launch KITT to the rescue? You betcha' but the C130 is SOL! Take out the bad guy with some bad-ass moves and your hottie girlfriend? Go hard, but get ready to lose two of your crew! Loved it all!

I am geeking out so much in anticipation for the robo-ruckus next week!!

"Day Turns Into Knight" --> 5 of 5 Turbo Boosts!!!

P.S. PETER CULLEN is back, boys and girls!!

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:54 pm

I really enjoyed this episode! The whole thing was exciting to watch and very entertaining!

This is the first time I've really enjoyed a new KR episode and I hope they keep up the great work!

Only thing strange to me was that a lot of it felt like it was based on "speed". Staying above a certain speed because of the bomb and the trigger at the end was a lot like the one at the end of speed as well. But that didn't bother me much since there was so much other great stuff going on :)
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

KnightRider87t/a
Recruit

Post by KnightRider87t/a » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:43 pm

I really enjoy this episode it was really good :D I'm sure it got alot of ratings

But what I'm really looking forward to is the return of KARR :karr: :!: and that FLAG will be up and running again
so it will feel more like the original now but on top of that i hope they start to lose that CGi crap and do it more like the original where there just cruising :kitt2: and outside and actually driving and make a few real turbo boost instead of more special effects.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Im pretty sure the light on the planes dashboard was an indicator from Alex telling the pilot to put into action " Plan Kill xxxx"

He says " sorry doc"...kills the doc and then bails.

But the doc survives because Ki2t turns up and does something.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:07 am

overall it was a pretty good episode, i didn't like the police light appearing out of nowhere but at least kitt didn't transform into a police car. the turbo boost wasn't all that great there was too much of a pause between take off and landing and we didn't get to see the whole jump from begining to end, plus turbo boost needs a sound affect. also i thought that the dr graimans death was a little strange, how come they didn't show the plane explode, also when the red light came on in the plane the pilot said sorry doc to mr graimen, to me it sounded like the pilot had something to do with the plane exploding and causing dr graimens death, what was the meaning behind the red light?
in glen larson we trust.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:35 am

KnightRider87t/a wrote:I really enjoy this episode it was really good :D I'm sure it got alot of ratings

Nope, down from last week, American Idol might be partially to blame but luckily it wasn't a massive drop.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 am

Awesome!!

Why couldn't they be writing like this from the get-go??

That Turbo Boost was awesome! and Kitt with flashing lights! Awesome again!

I'm inclined to agree with whoever it was that said about Stevens voice being good as Kitt. I think his voice would have been a good choice, it kinda has a bit of the William Daniels tone to it, but still sounds different enough to play into the whole "new version of Kitt" deal. But I've kinda grown into Val's voice now. :)
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:47 am

knightprobe89 wrote:also when the red light came on in the plane the pilot said sorry doc to mr graimen, to me it sounded like the pilot had something to do with the plane exploding and causing dr graimens death, what was the meaning behind the red light?
Um.. maybe that'll be explained in next weeks episode?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 am

I still haven't watched it again but I assume that light was a warning light for either the angle they were coming in being too steep or they were coming in too fast. But I just prefer to call it what I did earlier. The "oh **** we gonna die!" Light.

But maybe we'll find out next week that it was some sort of plot to get rid of Graiman though I'm not sure how that would work since I'm fairly sure the plane hitting the over pass and losing the landing gear wasn't planned.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 pm

I REALLY thought that Hank was not going to let go off the bomb and that is what would cause the plan crash, and that in the fall in KI3T Charles would be hurt.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:28 pm

I really enjoyed this epiosde it was quite good. Finnaly a decent turbo boost. We got to see the actual lauch. Only thing wrong with it is Mike looks like he's gonna go threw the windsrreen when it hits the cement. (Also not a very good camera angle) Hasselhoffs jump on the seat and "wooooooooo" is much better.(and camera angle/shot is better) Implement that. Still waiting for one whole turbo boost from lauch to ground with no cuts.

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:30 pm

KnightRider87t/a wrote:I really enjoy this episode it was really good :D I'm sure it got alot of ratings

But what I'm really looking forward to is the return of KARR :karr: :!: and that FLAG will be up and running again
so it will feel more like the original now but on top of that i hope they start to lose that CGi crap and do it more like the original where there just cruising :kitt2: and outside and actually driving and make a few real turbo boost instead of more special effects.
U said it! I Agree!
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 pm

arhskr81 wrote:I REALLY thought that Hank was not going to let go off the bomb
TBH, so did I, especially with him playing up in the previous ep. But I thought it'd be a little speech to Hank about how good he is etc before he'd let go.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 pm

ill be honest
im really starting to enjoy this series now, and can't wait for KARR!!
that trailer looks epic.

there are not many shows which can have sfx like that!

lets all get behind this series, its pretty obvious they have listened to the fans and are now trying to slowly but surely bring back the enjoyment of the original style.

great episode, lets hope the newer episodes are successfull