Ratings for "Day Turns Into Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Re: Ratings for "Day Turns Into Knight"

Post by TravisKnight01 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Hmm lets get kro and karr chase after seacrack and the rest of the idiots on idol.

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
JimmyPSHayes wrote:I will never understand the appeal of people wanting to watch a Karaoke contest over any other TV show. Glad that the final numbers were better than predicted!
That's b/c tons of teens and women watch shows like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. The men in their lives just go along with it b/c its the path of least resistance. Hence the ratings juggernauts that these shows always turn out to be.

I'm a woman and i myself can't stand American Idol or even watch Dancing with the star' ,i',m a true Knight Rider fan all the way so keep bringing on Knight Rider and i'll be watching.Looking forward to next week and so on. :kittside:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 pm

pat329 wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:
JimmyPSHayes wrote:I will never understand the appeal of people wanting to watch a Karaoke contest over any other TV show. Glad that the final numbers were better than predicted!
That's b/c tons of teens and women watch shows like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. The men in their lives just go along with it b/c its the path of least resistance. Hence the ratings juggernauts that these shows always turn out to be.

I'm a woman and i myself can't stand American Idol or even watch Dancing with the star' ,i',m a true Knight Rider fan all the way so keep bringing on Knight Rider and i'll be watching.Looking forward to next week and so on. :kittside:
That's nice. But I am speaking in generalizations. I hoped that was implied in my statements. So to avoid confusion, I am specifically saying that MOST women watch shows like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars and as such they are ratings powerhouses. GST even mentioned that KR is targeted to the male audience which means the vast majority of women don't watch KR. On a side note I'd be a little weirded out if a woman did in fact love this show, it would be the equivalent of a guy saying he loves to watch Oprah. Sends up red flags.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Seriously, what's not to love? Just as along as they keep going in the direction they are. Take out the Sarah/Mike stuff, less T&A, show more of KITT. It'll be awesome. Certainly better than AI. Hell, as it is it's better than AI. I'd watch infomercials over AI.

And seriously, there are a lot of girls in this community. I, for one, am. Always have been, always will be. It's not so weird. We might be the exception to the general rule, but we're not that low of a minority. We're getting up there in fact.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:37 pm

seriously man...and women...lol....AI is getting monotonous now.....and KR is a breath of fresh air...with humour suspense action all in 40 mins....no other series does tht......long live KR!
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I don't know why the ratings said "Soon to depart?"

I hope it just hangs in there to get a second season.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:56 pm

soon to depart as in its going out in feb...not having a full run.....second season may be in the cards....ive been looking at some forums eyc and liveblog comments...ppl are watching....their comments aerent exactly heartening but they are watching.....
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm with you! every time I see any of the judges faces I boo and cus. It's all them stupid women there is now 4 women networks use one of them for Idol urrrgggghhh!
!!! No offense Sue :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Putting KR08 on Wed. nites, up against American Idol or Bones on Fox, or Lost on ABC is actually hurting it,
because the audience is mostly preferring A.I., Bones, or Lost. Friday night is the best night for KR, because it
would be up against Ghost Whisperer, whatever's on Fox, etc. Some think Friday is where shows go before
they go to the trash. The original series ran on Fridays, except for season 2, which ran on Sundays. Dukes
of Hazzard ran on Fridays, except for the short time it ran on Saturdays. Both were pretty successful. I say
move KR to Fridays.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:33 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I don't know why the ratings said "Soon to depart?"

I hope it just hangs in there to get a second season.
Because they and many others are counting down the days in eager anticipation for NBC to make an announcement that it's either canceled or won't be picked up next season. I have my own doubts that it will make it but I would love for it to, not just as a Knight Rider fan but to piss them all off. I guess on the bright side the ratings didn't fall too much but they're still by no means great. The 18-34 and 49 demos aren't all that different though it's still kind of sad that UNIVISION of all networks got second place in the 18-34 bracket. But we still got spanked by AI and CBS's two sitcoms in total viewers.

KR is under performing IMO and NBC deserves much of the blame along with certain other powers that be.
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Before the reboot, I agreed with the KR bashing.

But the show's turned around now and is WORTHY of the KR name. As the show currently exists, it needs saving. It's worth saving.
One man can make a difference....

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Well, the bright side is that it hasn't plummeted... that's a good sign... it seems to be stabilized...

But I still think the time slot is horrible... that's 7:00 my time, I'm CST... I get home around 6:00ish and while my wife and I still have time for dinner, barely... the fact is I feel it would do better at 8:00 CST... or at least a different day.

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Lynda414 wrote:Ugh, I hate American Idol. And I'm a woman! Straight too! You think I would be all over bad singing and haughty judges, year after year. What am I doing liking a franchise about a talking car kicking ass?

*shakes head and sighs* I can even put computers together. Something must be wrong with me.
Lynda, you're not alone. I'm straight, love cars (both versions of kitt are my favorites), can't stand to watch American Idol, can put computers together, and to top it all off, I like watching hockey.

The ratings are really good! I'm very much crossing my fingers for next week to top all the ratings charts. :D
Lisa :kittside:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:59 pm

It's just a sore spot to me that we're not in the demographic that NBC cares about, since apparently men in general make the larger purchases like cars and electronics. Makes me feel like I am supporting the show in vain.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm

supposely AI views went down 10% compare to last year

I dont understand ratings, so did KR do alright last night? did it do better than last week?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Dumb question but how do they know who did and didn't watch it. Not everyone is selected for nelson so there are thousands of people watching knight rider unaccounted for. How does that all work?
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:44 pm

It's seems that since KR has come back from the holiday break it has gotten better each week and the ratings seem to stay the same, and with AI and Lost coming back it did not do that bad if you think about it, but it is true KR should be on Mondays at 8/7 Central then lead into heroes.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:Dumb question but how do they know who did and didn't watch it. Not everyone is selected for nelson so there are thousands of people watching knight rider unaccounted for. How does that all work?
Crappily, that's how it works.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:58 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:Dumb question but how do they know who did and didn't watch it. Not everyone is selected for nelson so there are thousands of people watching knight rider unaccounted for. How does that all work?
Nielson ratings IMO are a bad judge of who is and who isn't watching.
LONG LIVE KR.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:12 pm

YES this is still good news at least we are not dropping down to like 5th 6th or like..... last place :shock:
Thank god Please NBC let this show get on its wings again and let it have a second season :good: :mrgreen:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm

would KR do better on a different night, expect Thurdsay because that is NBC comedy night? I heard Heroes might be getting cancelled.
Last edited by GT500KR on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, at least KR isn't going DOWN.
I hope KR gets a second season, though the chances are not good.
However, IF KR is able to hold its own against AI then it might get a S2!
I do hate that Neilsens don't really accuratly count the total number of viewers! Escpecially female veiwers!

I hate that becuase I am woman, a mother, tinker with anything electronic, and like "masculine" shows like KR, that there is something wrong with me! LOL
I grew up around the whole KR myth, and I helped my dad work on Classic Mustangs, so I was naturally drawn to this show! ha ha

Though I agree, Wed is a BAD night for KR especially if Wed's have the AI reluts show.
I do agree that Fri or Monday would be better. Just don't put it up against "Ghost Whisperer"! lol
It's the only other show I drop everything to watch! (Well, Bones, but that problem ironed itself out :P )

See everyone next week! :kittspin:
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:19 pm

OK I have a question then call me stupid but here it is

If KR got a 3.2/5 on tvbythenumbers.com or I think it was a 3.4/5 from zap2it.com..

Then is 3.2/5 better then lets say 3.2/6, the numbers being divisible by its rating to the TV share am I correct on this...

Then 3.2/5 is much better then last week then, due to AI getting aver 20 share..

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:19 pm

My question is, do they take in count all the people watching on E!Ontario?
Cause I have a few friends in Toronto who watch the show and feel screwed because they dont count in the ratings.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

I'll echo the sentiments of how much I HATE american idol. Even forget what it says about TV, how about the music industry? How sad is it that we have to elect our next star? And even then not one who can play an instrument or write there own music, just sing karaoke well. Ugh, I absolutely despise it.

But damn damn damn, last night's episode was FANTASTIC, I was really hoping it did well, if the show keeps this up, I really really want it to stick around.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"