Possible Good News for KR

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight316
Operative

Possible Good News for KR

Post by Knight316 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Just read this. At least this helps us out a little bit.

From comingsoon.net:

Fox announced Tuesday morning that "Prison Break" will end its run after four seasons this spring, says Variety. The drama returns to the network's schedule on Friday, April 17 at 8 p.m. for a final lap.

In other Fox news, the network confirmed that its "American Idol" results show will air in its traditional Wednesday 9 p.m. slot after all.

"Idol's" Wednesday edition will move to 9 p.m. once the show reverts to its in-studio competition phase. That means new drama "Lie to Me," which is initially airing behind "Idol" on Wednesdays at 9 p.m., will slide down to 8.

I'd much rather have this new show than Idol's results show going head to head with us! I've never heard anything about this new show so i don't know what kind of ratings it can muster.

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Possible Good News for KR

Post by djshag69 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:28 pm

from that it seems it will still be on at 8pm until they go in studio, being that we need ratings now i wonder if it will matter or not
Ice rider coming 2009

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 pm

I'd much rather have this new show than Idol's results show going head to head with us! I've never heard anything about this new show so i don't know what kind of ratings it can muster.[/quote]

"Lie To Me" stars Tim Roth from "Reservoir Dogs & The Incredible Hulk". In this series, Tim Roth is playing the role of a "polygraph reader" or someone that's an expert in the field of interrogation and polygraphs from what I saw and I'm interpreting.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 pm

You know, I'm really wondering how "prison Break" managed to last as long as it did...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:You know, I'm really wondering how "prison Break" managed to last as long as it did...
I agree! :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 pm

That's only the results show though, probably by the time they get to those KR will be done or close to it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:09 pm

nee716 wrote:
KRAvengerII wrote:You know, I'm really wondering how "prison Break" managed to last as long as it did...

Crap tv unfortunately has a semi long shelf life.

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm

i never liked prison break anywya i much rather see knight rider anytime with american idol moving to 9:00pm leaves more fans to watch knight rider just thought hope this is good news

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Seriously. How many times can one break out of prison?

Yeah, you're good at getting out of prison. Great. We get it. :roll:

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Maybe fox felt there was a void in the prison homoerotic category so they decided to fill it. :roll:

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:55 pm

They made it like 24 meets Lost in jail. Lots of plot twists and turns. The show also has a significant female fanbase because of the two male leads. I have only seen a few episodes of the show so I can't really comment on how good it is.

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Isnt it true terminator is on the chopping block with fox?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 pm

BlackKitt wrote:
nee716 wrote:

Crap tv unfortunately has a semi long shelf life.
Sad but true!

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 pm

Lexicon wrote:

They made it like 24 meets Lost in jail. Lots of plot twists and turns. The show also has a significant female fanbase because of the two male leads. I have only seen a few episodes of the show so I can't really comment on how good it is.
The female fanbase of that show has horrible taste. I'm male and straight(just in case anyone asks because of this statement) but if asked I think Justin Bruening looks better than the two pinheads from prison break. I used to cut my hair very short, that was a bad decision too it looks horrible.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about tatoos, so i really can't make a comparison here.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Bruening has a few on his back, they were visible in Knight in Shining Armor. I really don't like tattoos anyway.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 am

And bones is moving to thurs. nights to go against smallville this should indeed help KR get a second season.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 am

Again though, this is only going to be in effect for the "in studio" phase, which would mean that KR will only be without American Idol as competition for the last two episodes if "in studio" means when they get to the live show. Sure it will probably help those two episodes but that leaves five of the last seven that will have to still contend with it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:00 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Again though, this is only going to be in effect for the "in studio" phase, which would mean that KR will only be without American Idol as competition for the last two episodes if "in studio" means when they get to the live show. Sure it will probably help those two episodes but that leaves five of the last seven that will have to still contend with it.
I would like to think that NBC knows what they've put KR against and that they wont hold the show to beating what has presumably been put the show up against. The stuff about FOX i'm sure NBC has known for awhile that AI would be coming back this season just like it has before. Hopefully they dont judge KRs ratings against a show that has been on for what, 6 years now. It's a new show, and since we get atleast 17 episodes, they'll hold the males demo's and not put they sake of a 2nd season down to beating out wed. night now that it's impossible.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

TravisKnight01 wrote:Isnt it true terminator is on the chopping block with fox?
It was, thats why episode 9 was made like a finale. But its now coming back, to Fridays In February.
As for Knight Rdier, THANK GOD! i though if it was on the same time as Idol then it was already cancelled. That slot is the death slot.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:49 pm

as far as the schedule KR has to face Idol this whole month. so thts a problem...but the good news is tht idol is a female oriented show....and im assuming mostly is watched by females....so the 18-49 demo is still wide open. other thn this the good news is tht Idol isnt doing as good as the previous seasons. i read tht it had the lowest ratings as compared to its previous season premiers...so maybe ppl aerent watching idol tht much.....frankly im bored of the concept man.....same thing year after year...so fingers crossed!
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

fire1968
Stranger

Post by fire1968 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:50 pm

The only thing that might hurt them though is that LOST is going up against them in the same time slot on ABC.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:15 am

Indeed; The first season was pure gold, but it was downward spiral from season two and onwards.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!