What random people say bout Knight rider

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What random people say bout Knight rider

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:51 pm

In my efforts to get the word out about the rebooting of the show etc, I think it would be cool to let us knight rider fans see what average consumers think about the show... Don't get ticked off if someone don't like it, but I found some of the responses interesting. If this show if gonna survive this is some of the very people that knight rider needs to impress to find a strong audience. Many of the people said they would give it a chance. :kitt:

Why the @&^# is there still a mustang? Tell those homos TA or bust.

wtf, a robot?

No poontang will ever be able to replace K.I.T.T. no matter how many add ons or rediculos(sp?) powers you give it.

Yeah after watching your youtube link I still won't be watching. The original was cheesily bad this still can't even get on par with the original

I think choosing the Mustang just because the sales were so high over the last few years was a huge mistake.

Nah it'd been just as bad with a mini van or a GTO

yeah that robot kinda kills it. Still not watching.

Well they wanted the camaro, but transformers picked it up first.

the car had to be american.... Thank god

Gm diden't really have nothing readily avaible out yet. I guess they was worried about a vette holding up. Since it's sits so low and everthing they said something bout it not being a good stunt car. The challenger was not out yet. I guess Ford gave them the best deal. I'm no mustang fan but it's a pretty good looking car.

I personally don't mind KITT being a Stang. Yes, we would all probably prefer KITT still be a T/A. But that would be somewhat hard to do considering KITT is supposed to be the latest and greatest car. Using a 7-year-old F-Body (seeing as how there is no '09 T/A to use) would be a bit off IMO.

That said, do away with the "Fast & Furious" riced out *?$# "Attack Mode". It gays up a really bad ass looking car. I know the EP of the show was a head honcho of the F&F movies. But he needs to leave that ricey crapola to those moves and take it away from KR.

Next, bring back the Hoff. Sure, he's cheesy as hell. But he is Michael @&^# Knight and should be on the show. If not on every episode, at least a recurring character. He was in the pilot of the new KR. Bring him on an episode every now & then. Also, bring back William Daniels. I'm sure the two KITTs could get along. Next, I take it the robot thing is supposed to be KARR. I am guessing this from some info given in an earlier episode. If so, that sucks. KARR is supposed to be a car. Not a terminator. Bad move. I'm far from creative when it comes to TV show plots. But there was an easy plot-line for KARRs return. They could have made some headway with the fan-base by bringing KARR in as even a 3rd gen T/A. A basic story line could have been since Michael & KITT blew KARR to pieces 20 years ago, he was found and over the years has been being rebuilt. Incorporate another Knight nemesis by making Garth Knight the one who found KARR and has spend many years building him back up while plotting a serious scheme to attack and kill everyone involved with Knight Industries. (Holy crap I can't believe I just typed out this wall of text...) I have honestly had a lot more ideas about this show that might could save it. If the folks at NBC want some help, they need to read the fan-fic all over the internet. There are some really bad ass stories out there they could use and make a really cool "next chapter" of the original show. Anyhoo, that's my $0.02 worth on the subject at the moment. If nothing else comes through on this show, at least leave the eye candy in place. The ladies on the show are HOT!

They want to fix THAT? Might as well try and turn Ellen Degeneres straight. Then they should re-animate Elvis. If someone wanted to do a new Knight Rider that didn't suck, they would need to start over from scratch. In the youtube clip, they show some pretty boy standing next to a fugly Mustang with what appears to be a bug catcher sticking through the hood. Doesn't this Mustang also turn into a truck or a robot or a pizza oven too? There was only one way to go with this show, that was with the last gen 2002 Trans Am. If they wanted to make money from a car company they should have used new vehicles as support vehicles. If they wanted to make Transformers, they should have purchased the rights to that show. To put it in a nutshell, they need to de-gay the entire show.

this reboot as their calling it is their last ditch attempt to get some ratings togther so justify a second season. if it tanks it probally will be cancelled. I dunno I'm kind of interested in seeing how it's gonna play out. Their is nothing on tv really like it and they have put alot of time into these graphics for the new episodes. I was a harsh critic at first but it has gotten much better and I'm gonna give it a chance. If this show picks up, expect the Hoff to comeback. That's the inside word. He will have a roll like Devon did back in the day. Looking over everthing.

I agree on the bring back the Hoff and William Daniels thing. At first it may sound cheesy. But honestly, Knight Rider was a cheesy show to begin with. Sometimes too much change isnt a good thing. The brilliance of the original was that the Hoff was Michael Knight. William Daniels is supposed to be the voice of KITT. A voice like that doesnt just come around everyday. You could bet if he was the voice again and Hassellhoff was back on the show in some capacity the ratings would go up. Even with KITT being a mustang. The new kitt is a badass car, but they got too "techy" with it imo. When all of us were lil, the superpowers of Kitt were like amazing, but mildly believeable in a sense. You thought that the car was just the most impressive thing ever. The new Kitt i'd venture that even a 7 yr old knows its a total crock of bs.

Remember the even shorter lived Team Knight Rider.....In no way am I hating on KITT being a Stang. This version is that bad that no matter what it sucks.

Least im off work to watch it...It would be awesome if that robot was a 02 T/A voiced by Daniels and it ripped KITT the @&^# apart Still aint that bad of a show. Its just when I see a mustang I see me wanting to PIT its ass.

I ( ok I am embarrased a bit) used to LOVE Knight Rider. But it was fairly cool when I was a kid.. and Loved the Car.
Hell I OWN a Mustang and I was and am annoyed by the new version. Of course I still had my SS when it came out. Saw the previews of the "riced out KITT car" and Said NO way am I watching that show. I was embarrassed for the Ford Guys when I saw that.. who knew I'd be one of em. Terrible thing they did to a, let's face it, American Icon sort of 80s show. Hell as far as I know, that show is still running world wide in Repeats. Way to go guys...

The guy who originally voiced KARR in the orignal is comming back to voice KARR in the new series... At least they are trying now.

Peter Cullen was one of them.Paul Frees was in KITT vs KARR.

Oh ? That's sorta cool in and of itself. Did not know that.. Thanks !

Sorry to let you down man I was always a big knight Rider fan too but this I can't let you slide on. The new series is rally bad the cars voice sounds like a bad voice over and Michael Knights supposed kid or whatever he is a damn joke! Michael would have kicked his kids ass! And to top it all off ....KIT is not even a Pontiac???? WTF??? They could have mad him at least a Camero nooooo they had to go waaay outside the boundaries and make him a Ford? How much crap are you willing to swallow from NBC? Well the answer is a lot a true Knight Rider fan would not accept a bad storyline worse actors and again a Ford substitute. Just goes to show you who wanted that corporate sponsorship. Have fun eating your bowl of crap they are dishing you try it with some Frank's hot sauce It might make it easier to swallow.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Re: What random people say bout Knight rider

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm

interesting comments. Seems like opinions are still very much up int he air.

I do wish people would get over the car make issue though.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:47 pm

My apartment complex manager LOVES the show! She has 9 episodes on DVR to watch though (she's quite busy, I guess) but she said soon she wants to sit down and just have a marathon! I told her all about the new KARR and now she can't wait! :)

So at least I am not alone in this! LOL!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:07 pm

The car being driven in show is NOT the original KITT so theres no reason for it to be a Trans Am...

I know that's an old point but it seems that the casual observer is not aware of it...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:02 pm

One of my friends love the show too! :D We can't wait until the 21st!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Well, I don't think there were many fans in the audience of January 5th's episode of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. Conan brings up the show during one of his segments and I'd have posted a topic about it, but I didn't want to contribute to having yet another negative thread.

He brings it up at 10:10 into the episode:

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Cona ... vid=914261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:55 pm

You know when you post alleged responses it helps to place at least a name or pseudonim of the person or persons you are alleging made those comments. All I see is a bunch of comments all negative which in out of itself makes it a bit suspect too but on top of that how are we to know that you are the one that came up with all those comments yourself?

Make better references next time you try something like this...

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 am

PunkMaister wrote:All I see is a bunch of comments all negative
Maybe you need to go back and re-read them then.

And perhaps take care that your not bringing more negativity to this forum than the naysayers.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:24 am

Rockatteer wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:All I see is a bunch of comments all negative
Maybe you need to go back and re-read them then.

And perhaps take care that your not bringing more negativity to this forum than the naysayers.
I did and they are all for the most part very negative in nature, the only statement he posteds from allegedly other people is one that goes
the car had to be american.... Thank god
That's it... :roll:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:19 am

Not gonna release sombody's screen name, just their comment. I had a couple of comments in their myself. Not going to waste my time trying to type of a bunch of negative stuff about a show. I got better things to do then that. If it's good it's good... If it's bad then it's bad.

So now I put out the word about the reboot and we will see if any oppinions change I guess. Remember None of these people have probally ever heard of knight rider online. Just average people displaying their thoughts.

KittKattBar
Volunteer

Post by KittKattBar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:09 pm

All those posters are idiots who just want the old show to come back. I loved the old show too, but the new one has to be allowed to be the new one, not just a remake of the old one. They actually Hasselloff to still be the main driver even though he's in his 60s now. That's insane. I agree it would be cool to have him as an adviser, but that's it.

As for the car, why do people have problems with a Mustang? Mustangs are a piece of American culture. I think it's awesome to have a Mustang as KI3T. I'd get a 2010 Shelby Mustang myself if I could afford one.
My next car will be a 2010 Shelby Mustang!

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:31 pm

KittKattBar wrote:All those posters are idiots who just want the old show to come back. I loved the old show too, but the new one has to be allowed to be the new one, not just a remake of the old one. They actually Hasselloff to still be the main driver even though he's in his 60s now. That's insane. I agree it would be cool to have him as an adviser, but that's it.

As for the car, why do people have problems with a Mustang? Mustangs are a piece of American culture. I think it's awesome to have a Mustang as KI3T. I'd get a 2010 Shelby Mustang myself if I could afford one.
Hear Hear, I could not agree more! Mustang is fine looking as KI3T :good: !
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:54 pm

KittKattBar wrote:All those posters are idiots who just want the old show to come back. I loved the old show too, but the new one has to be allowed to be the new one, not just a remake of the old one. They actually Hasselloff to still be the main driver even though he's in his 60s now. That's insane. I agree it would be cool to have him as an adviser, but that's it.

Amen!

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:One of my friends love the show too! :D We can't wait until the 21st!
My Best Friend and I cant wait either! We've been fans of both shows since day one. We don't care if KITT is a mustang-- So long as he's not that RED whatever that is from KR2000( No offence intended for those who like it). I don't understand those people who want the new show to be a certain way. Sure it worked 20+ years ago but times have changed and KR has to change with it. Granted a few things took me by surprise(EX KITT changeing into a Truck, Van, etc) But that didn't stop me from not watching the show. I've waited 20+ years for KR to return to TV and I'm going to support the new show to the very end (Which hopefully wont be any time soon).

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:22 pm

OUCH!
That Conan O Brian clip was harsh!
Conan "Who here likes the new Knight Rider?"
One person yells "yeah"
Conan stats laughing and calls the one man that took up for the show a liar.
Damn...
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 pm

They chose the Mustang because the Trans Am is out of production therefore not economically practical enough to use for the show.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:12 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:OUCH!
That Conan O Brian clip was harsh!
Conan "Who here likes the new Knight Rider?"
One person yells "yeah"
Conan stats laughing and calls the one man that took up for the show a liar.
Damn...
Why is Connan O'Brian taking on the new show? Doesn't he have better crap to discuss in his show?

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Why is Conan O'Brian taking on the new show? Doesn't he have better crap to discuss in his show?
He never really does.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 pm

ghidorah15 wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Why is Conan O'Brian taking on the new show? Doesn't he have better crap to discuss in his show?
He never really does.
Just like Bill Maher....

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 am

They chose the Mustang because the Trans Am is out of production therefore not economically practical enough to use for the show.
No you are incorrect. Knight rider was nothing more then a sales pitch and product placement for ford. In case you have not noticed the entire Ford line-up on display throughout the episodes. Their are more then enough 3rd or 4th gen trans am's avaible to make something happen.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:03 pm

DevonStyles wrote:
No you are incorrect. Knight rider was nothing more then a sales pitch and product placement for ford. In case you have not noticed the entire Ford line-up on display throughout the episodes. Their are more then enough 3rd or 4th gen trans am's avaible to make something happen.

Screw that, they needed a new car. I like KITT as a Mustang nuff said.

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 pm

DevonStyles wrote:
You think they didn't product placement in the original series? You think Pontiac wasn't makeing money every time KITT was on the screen? That show popularized the Trans Am the same way the new show will popularize the mustang.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Knightfan82 wrote:
DevonStyles wrote:
You think they didn't product placement in the original series? You think Pontiac wasn't makeing money every time KITT was on the screen? That show popularized the Trans Am the same way the new show will popularize the mustang.
Very true... This IS Knight Rider the NEXT generation... Once people start to see it that way, they should "get it".

:kitt: :karr:

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:38 pm

*insert exasperated sigh here*

I really wish people would give things a chance. My bet is MOST (if not all) of those people didn't even watch a few episodes before forming such extreme opinions.

Heck, I have a friend who HATES, and has ALWAYS HATED, Knight Rider. I talked about it with her (albeit with her insults of the show- but that never bothers me at all, haha, to each his own) and she actually went and WATCHED the "Day Turns Into Knight" episode on her OWN. The result? She had to reluctantly admit that she now likes it and finds it very entertaining.

It's my mantra: "Don't diss it until you try it" (within reason of course- that mantra doesn't go for drugs or something ridiculously stupid)