Why shouldnt The Hoff return?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DrWho2005
Operative

Why shouldnt The Hoff return?

Post by DrWho2005 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:55 pm

I really dont get why some of you people are saying things like The Hoff shouldnt return or The Hoff will be bad for the show or blah blah blah.
Michael Knight is a cult figure in A,erican Television.
Almost everyone has heard of him.
Hiff has a big fan base.

These things will bring in viewers and ratings.
I doubt people will tune out because he is in it.

Are you Hoff Haters really silly enough to suggest the show should fail instead of bringing him in?

It's just bizzare.

And as for the constant and stupid jokes about his booze up--
fark, most of us have gotten on the p*ss in the past and im guessing a lot of us have puked right?
What makes us better than him?
Nothing.
It doesnt matter that he is famous..he didnt go on tv and say look at me look at me im drunk.
No, Taylor Ann tarnished his good name in some misguided attempt at helping him.

So tell me folks,,how exactly is keep him away from the show going to help?

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Why shouldnt The Hoff return?

Post by Kaine » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:02 pm

wh said that???

the Hoff returning would be awesome! as long as he won't be the driver anymore (a man of his age as an action hero is hard to believe), but as the elderly leader/father figure he would work and fit well :good:

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Kaine wrote:wh said that???

the Hoff returning would be awesome! as long as he won't be the driver anymore (a man of his age as an action hero is hard to believe), but as the elderly leader/father figure he would work and fit well :good:
1. Ive seen a number of young and silly people say it here

2. Elderly?
LOL, he aint old. If Harrison Ford can survive a nuclear blast in a fridge.........

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:07 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing cameos every now and then, tie something to TOS. But a lot of people want him to kick Mike to the curb and fully take over. But this is a new Knight Rider, new KITT, new Michael Knight. While I do have problems with the new show, I wouldn't watch a rehash of TOS with an aged Michael Knight behind the wheel.

But as I said, having him on a few episodes would be good. Give some guidance to Mike Jr. See the interesting conversations between KI3Tand KI2T

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Lynda414 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing cameos every now and then, tie something to TOS. But a lot of people want him to kick Mike to the curb and fully take over. But this is a new Knight Rider, new KITT, new Michael Knight. While I do have problems with the new show, I wouldn't watch a rehash of TOS with an aged Michael Knight behind the wheel.

But as I said, having him on a few episodes would be good. Give some guidance to Mike Jr. See the interesting conversations between KI3Tand KI2T
I agree.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:56 pm

the nitpickers are the ones that say the Hoff shouldnt return because they feel this show doesnt deserve to be alive and should be shutdown immediately and not let anyone else watch episodes 11-17
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:00 pm

GT500KR wrote:the nitpickers are the ones that say the Hoff shouldnt return because they feel this show doesnt deserve to be alive and should be shutdown immediately and not let anyone else watch episodes 11-17
WordI :x for one one would love for Hoff to return even if it's as an occasional guest star... :good:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:41 pm

i would enjoy Hoff and KI2T apart of it but i think with Hoff and KI2T back ppl will be screaming "WE NEED TO SEE MORE HOFF AnD KI2T" so i think a special guest maybe every 2 episodoes would be fine
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:20 pm

GT500KR wrote:i would enjoy Hoff and KI2T apart of it but i think with Hoff and KI2T back ppl will be screaming "WE NEED TO SEE MORE HOFF AnD KI2T" so i think a special guest maybe every 2 episodoes would be fine
While I have no doubst the Hoff can make a re-appearance as M.N Sr the old KITT will probably not be back as the Trans Am we once knew.

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 pm

PunkMaister wrote:While I have no doubts the Hoff can make a re-appearance as M.N Sr the old KITT will probably not be back as the Trans Am we once knew.
I dunno, he might be for the first appearance. Then his old body could be damaged beyond repair in whatever huge mission they're on, so they'd have to move his AI into a new body.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Lynda414 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing cameos every now and then, tie something to TOS. But a lot of people want him to kick Mike to the curb and fully take over. But this is a new Knight Rider, new KITT, new Michael Knight. While I do have problems with the new show, I wouldn't watch a rehash of TOS with an aged Michael Knight behind the wheel.

I agree :)

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Hehe, I am glad to see people agree with me. ^_^ I wonder if KI3T would let KI2T ride on his gyroscope. >_<

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:22 pm

[quote="Lynda414]I wouldn't mind seeing cameos every now and then, tie something to TOS. But a lot of people want him to kick Mike to the curb and fully take over. But this is a new Knight Rider, new KITT, new Michael Knight. While I do have problems with the new show, I wouldn't watch a rehash of TOS with an aged Michael Knight behind the wheel.

But as I said, having him on a few episodes would be good. Give some guidance to Mike Jr. See the interesting conversations between KI3Tand KI2T.[/quote]

I agree with this. I'm okay with Hasselhoff and everything, but we don't want him stealing Justin's thunder - KR2008 isn't his show. I think it'd be great to see him in one episode or something, but he shouldn't be around all the time. (I completely oppose any idea of them becoming some type of crime-fighting team.) Honestly, I've always figured that the original Michael Knight is off on vacation or something, and KITT's sitting around "recharging his power packs", as he's so fond of doing. If Hasselhoff ever does make a second appearance on the show (I count his appearance in the pilot), it should be to impart wise words or something. Then, of course, he and KITT should drive off into the sunset. :P

So yes....in short, it's great to pay homage to the legacy, but the new generation must stand on its own.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:43 pm

That's what I've been saying for awhile now, I wouldn't mind Hasselhoff coming back either, I just wouldn't want to see him in every episode, keep him as a reoccurring character that we see once or twice a season. Though I have a feeling that if the show makes it to a second season and Hasselhoff does become involved I'm sure he'd be taking a Devon type role and we're going to be seeing him regularly. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen that is if it actually comes to fruition.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:52 pm

lunchmeat wrote:[

And this is why the show is going to fail.
Standing on its own?
Wot rot.
That isnt working.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 am

Don't be like that. They clean up the writing a bit and it'll last.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 am

i would love to see the hoff come back on a regular basis, and be the new boss of flag when they resurrect flag.
in glen larson we trust.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:08 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i would love to see the hoff come back on a regular basis, and be the new boss of flag when they resurrect flag.
I freakin totally agree although that is up too NBC and not GST who has been speaking to him for a while :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:17 am

The Hoff would be a better choice to lead FLAG than Sarah. She's a bit too young and inexperienced. PLus, she already has a label as generic love interest #1

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:19 am

ghidorah15 wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:While I have no doubts the Hoff can make a re-appearance as M.N Sr the old KITT will probably not be back as the Trans Am we once knew.
I dunno, he might be for the first appearance. Then his old body could be damaged beyond repair in whatever huge mission they're on, so they'd have to move his AI into a new body.
There were Trans Ams in Grayman's garage but they were obviosly empty shells, the AI is most likely somewhere else agt this point because the 80's electronic hardware would be totally obsolete by now. and it would be toally unpractical and unfeasible to try to update it anymore than one could a commodore 64.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 am

I also don't get why people rip on him. Yeah I know about the whole "Hoff" persona and the ego some say he has, but the guy IS one of the biggest reasons Knight Rider was the show we're all here talking about. David is also proud of his history with the show and tried to bring it back himself. Plus he's a fan.

There is no reason why he couldn't have been involved in the new show. I understand the argument that he might take away from Justin, but they could have worked him in a few scenes throughout the season with that in mind. Why wouldn't Michael Knight want to be involved with the Foundation? Also, why do so many people just assume he "retired" as he got older when he most likely stopped going on missions?

I really do think this was a huge opportunity missed. Especially when they needed interest and ratings. David Hasselhoff is back on Knight Rider. The fanbase would have gone wild, people who used to watch the original would be curious and of course the media would be all over it.

The sad part is this probably could have happened.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:21 am

I am one of those guys who say Hoff shouldn't return, but that is because most people on here want him to return to the series as a Devon Miles figure. Screw that idea, I say. Give him something more; a purpose that involves his secrecy and the downfall of FLAG. I really really really do not wish for him to return as another Devon Miles. Even though David Hasselhoff is the dominant figure behind Knight Rider, it shouldn't mean he has to be the coordinator for the Foundation.

There should be a back story on the decommision of KI2T and Michael senior. I think we might receive that if a second season does arrise. But like Michael Long's identity, Michael Knight should be done with...I mean, if Traceur has taken the name, and no other agency or organization is pegging Michael Knight, it's safe to say Michael senior was erased from existance, as a protective measure for himself.

Having Michael Knight ride with KI2T again sounds like Adam West putting on his Batman cape back on and jumping in the original Batmobile. CoRnY!! If there must be a scene with the two them again, I suggest flashback scenes: blurry, black and white, like a dreamscape, and have that tell a story of the end of that era. KI2T reemerging just does not make sense.

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 am

I'd like to see him come back too, maybe even playing Garth Knight. Although I'm told he didnt like that role...

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:55 am

Knightfan82 wrote:I'd like to see him come back too, maybe even playing Garth Knight. Although I'm told he didnt like that role...
Hmm I do not see why, usually actors and actresses like playing villains because it allows them to do things they would never do in real life anyway, what I've heard from multiple interviews of performers anyway...

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:55 am

Apparently David found the role of Garthe to be exhausting because he had to play two characters for just one episode.

I think the producers wanted Garthe back for a 3rd time in TOS but he declined.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;