SEE KARR's FRONT NOW!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lexicon
Operative

Re: SEE KARR's FRONT NOW!

Post by Lexicon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 am

pheonix_knight wrote:Hats off to the CGI team for KARR, it looks great (as a piece of animation)

In terms of plot i dont see it as plausible though. The prototype shouldnt have MORE capabilities....

KARR was designed as an exo-skeletal AI-enhanced powersuit capable of infiltrating any modern urban environment with it's vehicle form and is military in nature. KITT was not designed (as Graiman intended anyway) with the same uses in mind so he has different capabilities and forms though the two do share the same underlying technology. KARR might not even have the infiltration modes that KITT has in that KARR could have only two physical configurations: Mustang and the bastard child of RoboCain and Megatron.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Lexicon wrote:KARR could have only two physical configurations: Mustang and the bastard child of RoboCain and Megatron.
:D

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:50 pm

weeezl wrote:
Lexicon wrote:KARR could have only two physical configurations: Mustang and the bastard child of RoboCain and Megatron.
I laughed too.

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
weeezl wrote:
I laughed too.

me2 lol

Hellstrom
Stranger

Post by Hellstrom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 pm

I know that the Transformers movie was the "big" thing at the box office when it was released, but having "transformer" aspects in this show bothers me. I can buy the transformation into attack mode, but having KITT morp into a van,truck, ect. annoys me. KARR transforming into a robot? I really wish he couldn't, but with the way the storyline is set up at least their is a reason for it. If KITT had a robot mode I think I would have given up on this show long ago. If the show continues I hope KARR loses this ability.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:53 am

KITTfan wrote:
nee716 wrote:
KITTfan wrote:Somehow the scanner surrounding parts remindes me of KARRs Trans-Am nose, see the attached pic :)
Sorry I dont see it but you can see the Mustang Racing Stripes the hood/scanner/head of KARR.
Yes it could be the stripes or light reflections, low resolution and my imagination which resulted some similar shapes of KITTvsKARR nose :D
It's so accurate...darn I wish it wern't for the low resoluiton,then we could have been 1000 percent!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:18 am

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

It's odd, if they're making this a different KARR, why the yellow scanner (much less the voice)?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 am

cloudkitt wrote:Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

It's odd, if they're making this a different KARR, why the yellow scanner (much less the voice)?

It's just a nod towards the original.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:30 am

Lexicon wrote:
cloudkitt wrote:Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

It's just a nod towards the original.
I agree. With so many people complaining that the show gets away from it's roots so much in my opinion they are trying to win those fans back. And the episode in the whole is a way to boost the ratings and a way to make the transition into the reboot (or out of it if you look at it that way).
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 pm

TOS KARR's body was destroyed, why isnt it plausible in this incarnation that AI was recovered and placed in a new shell???

No revisionist history is required

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:13 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:TOS KARR's body was destroyed, why isnt it plausible in this incarnation that AI was recovered and placed in a new shell???

I think that's what happened, they recovered the blinking box and proceeded to make another pile of doo doo to be neck deep in at some point. That point is now.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:21 pm

BlackKitt wrote:
pheonix_knight wrote:TOS KARR's body was destroyed, why isnt it plausible in this incarnation that AI was recovered and placed in a new shell???

I think that's what happened, they recovered the blinking box and proceeded to make another pile of doo doo to be neck deep in at some point. That point is now.
It is possible as I have said in my other posts (i don't know if it was this topic(not trying to sound mean)). Many different senarios could go into this theory like some that I have heard or thought up that Graiman could have put it in the new body, the government could have picked it up, or FLAG could have picked it up. :karr: AAAAAAHHHHHHH
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.