Ski mode is lethal!?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ski mode is lethal!?

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

When Kitt is running through his list of weapons to deal with the 3 females in "Don't stop the Knight", Ski Mode is marked as Lethal and has a note "May cause structural damage ."

Strangely Turbo Boost doesn't have any warnings.

Two things crossed my mind when I saw this...

1...I would have thought Turbo Boost would be more likely to cause structural damage than ski mode

2...How on earth can Ski Mode be lethal??
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Re: Ski mode is lethal!?

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:07 pm

It might have been a goof. The only way I could see Ski Mode as being lethal was if KITT got up on two wheels, drove over to the those woman and then went back to four wheel, crushing them. Comical, but lethal. >_<

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:48 pm

It wasnt a list of lethal choices, it was a list of all his choices.
I prove my point by noting the "Micro-Darts" were on that list, a non-lethal.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

Lynda414 wrote:It might have been a goof. The only way I could see Ski Mode as being lethal was if KITT got up on two wheels, drove over to the those woman and then went back to four wheel, crushing them. Comical, but lethal. >_<
:lol: LMAO true! :lol:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:30 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:It wasnt a list of lethal choices, it was a list of all his choices.
But, it was marked lethal...

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:11 am

Lynda414 wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote:It wasnt a list of lethal choices, it was a list of all his choices.
But, it was marked lethal...
I understand why now....
The first HUD shot with SKI-Mode is from s01e10.
It says lethal.
hud2.JPG
hud2.JPG (58.03 KiB) Viewed 15339 times
But thats because, look at the second picture, from s01e06.
hud4.JPG
hud4.JPG (44.61 KiB) Viewed 15339 times
I believe that it is giving information of how each fuction would act in the situation that KI3T is in.
Put the word out!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:14 am

It was still marked lethal, menaing if he went with the option, there would be lethal consequences. For someone anyway.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:31 am

Lynda414 wrote:It was still marked lethal, menaing if he went with the option, there would be lethal consequences. For someone anyway.
But he didnt go with that option. Because Mike said non-lethal.
You got to remember, there were 3 people with guns pointed at Mike who could have opened fire at any moment, KI3T asked a logical question to Mike since he was still in charge and didnt know what type of option to go with....
Put the word out!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:34 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:It was still marked lethal, menaing if he went with the option, there would be lethal consequences. For someone anyway.
But he didnt go with that option. Because Mike said non-lethal.
You got to remember, there were 3 people with guns pointed at Mike who could have opened fire at any moment, KI3T asked a logical question to Mike since he was still in charge and didnt know what type of option to go with....
That's not the point. I'm just saying that it's funny that something like Ski Mode is even marked lethal. Because it takes some effort and ingenuity to make it lethal. It's funny, see?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 am

Maybe it's lethal because something can go wrong while he's in that mode.Like that he could lose his balance,or that he could lose control easily.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 am

then shouldn't it be "possibly lethal" ?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:09 am

It's probably just a goof, there really isn't any justifying ski mode being marked lethal.

The other thing I thought was kinda odd was when he had to scroll through all those options to emulate Mike's voice. In the second episode KITT switched to a woman's voice instantly. And once he did project Mike's voice, why could he only say one thing? It sounded liek he was sampling recordings of Mike, while that is kinda cool, shouldn't he be able to to change his voice to sound like Mike's? Obviously he'd still talk like KITT but that could actually be pretty funny.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:14 am

cloudkitt wrote:It's probably just a goof, there really isn't any justifying ski mode being marked lethal.

The other thing I thought was kinda odd was when he had to scroll through all those options to emulate Mike's voice. In the second episode KITT switched to a woman's voice instantly. And once he did project Mike's voice, why could he only say one thing? It sounded liek he was sampling recordings of Mike, while that is kinda cool, shouldn't he be able to to change his voice to sound like Mike's? Obviously he'd still talk like KITT but that could actually be pretty funny.
My last bit on the ski-mode thing... Like i said, each of his functions were listed as lethal or non-lethal for the situation KI3T was presented with. His program signified that Ski-Mode would be a lethal option for that situation..just as he did in KOTLD, there was only a 35% chance that SKI-Mode could saved Mike and Sarah, while the grappling hook provided a 92% survival rate. That's how KI3Ts processing works. Remember in KOTH? There was a 30% chance for survival if Mike and Casandra jumped, "compared to the near-certainty of being shot" KI3T factors in the best chance of either harmful or non-harmful ways of getting out of a situation. With the functions on his list, Ski-Mode would have been lethal to the "Hotskies."

And KI3T was using a voice simulator with Mike's voice.
KI3T has pretty much never been alone that we've seen. He's either always in contact with Mike or the SSC.
This was probably the first time KI3T had truely been cut off from all contact and he was also given orders by Torres not to do anything until Carrie arrived. I really dont think KI3T truely knew what to do in that situation. IF you noticed, after he parked in the sugar mill, he tried contacting Charles, then Mike, for instructions. At most i believe he was trying to by time for either Mike or Carrie to give him further instructions.
Put the word out!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote: My last bit on the ski-mode thing... Like i said, each of his functions were listed as lethal or non-lethal for the situation KI3T was presented with. His program signified that Ski-Mode would be a lethal option for that situation..just as he did in KOTLD, there was only a 35% chance that SKI-Mode could saved Mike and Sarah, while the grappling hook provided a 92% survival rate. That's how KI3Ts processing works. Remember in KOTH? There was a 30% chance for survival if Mike and Casandra jumped, "compared to the near-certainty of being shot" KI3T factors in the best chance of either harmful or non-harmful ways of getting out of a situation. With the functions on his list, Ski-Mode would have been lethal to the "Hotskies."

And KI3T was using a voice simulator with Mike's voice.
KI3T has pretty much never been alone that we've seen. He's either always in contact with Mike or the SSC.
This was probably the first time KI3T had truely been cut off from all contact and he was also given orders by Torres not to do anything until Carrie arrived. I really dont think KI3T truely knew what to do in that situation. IF you noticed, after he parked in the sugar mill, he tried contacting Charles, then Mike, for instructions. At most i believe he was trying to by time for either Mike or Carrie to give him further instructions.
I think you are absolutely correct on that assesment! :good:

sebhaque
Volunteer

Post by sebhaque » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:12 am

That's some pretty good attention to detail on those HUD shots.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:21 am

Yeah, I like that attention to detail stuff. ANd I too want to hear KITT emulating Mike's voice more, and generally making more dcisions on his own ^_^

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I agree with the sentiment that Ski-Mode was marked lethal because using it to stop Charl'ze's Angels would have probably meant running into them while in Ski-Mode or at least striking them with his upper tire, which would have been rather tricky and still probably lethal.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Or my idea, which is just as lethal. Seems kind of a wacky way to kill someone too.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Lynda414 wrote:Or my idea, which is just as lethal. Seems kind of a wacky way to kill someone too.
Any way you slice it Ski mode is a wacky way to kill anyone.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Personally what the HUD should say instead of think eveything 2 dimentionally (lethal/non-lethal) is add in something like

not applicable option or assessment of threat indicates option not an appropiate action to disengage threat..

Or something to that effect because really why would ski mode be used in that scene anyways he wasn't even moving...

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:11 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:Or my idea, which is just as lethal. Seems kind of a wacky way to kill someone too.
Any way you slice it Ski mode is a wacky way to kill anyone.
You speak truth. Hopefully when they finally put in ski mode, we will see wacky ways it's used as well as serious ones.

Not for killing people of course...

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:37 pm

I sometimes worry about the application of Ski Mode. I know it sounds weird, but Ski Mode worked pretty well in the original series, but it was really pretty cheesy when you think about it. I like the new show, but I don't want it to be ridiculously cheesy - I just want it to have a little cheese. Just a sprinkle. :P

Basically, I don't want to see Ski Mode overused. It's one of those things that is super-wacky, and unless used in the right way, could unbalance the show, in my opinion.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:17 pm

maybe if an innocent bystander was walking past and saw kitt doing ski mode they would be like WTH? and possibly walk out in front of traffic while paying undivided attention to kitt?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Gee, we're finding so many creative ways of killing people with ski mode!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:21 am

I guess that the chance of something being lethal depends on the situation. KI3T probably calculates what damage he could possibly do with his options, depending on the situation.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9