Justin Bruening on Chelsea Lately

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ontario Knight
Operative

Justin Bruening on Chelsea Lately

Post by Ontario Knight » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:36 am

Justin was on Chelsea Lately on Tuesday night I searched to see if this was a topic on the board...
However interesting unless she is being sarcastic she mentioned that
Knight Rider was picked up for a second season...However I havent heard any news broadcasts to confirm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frhjEjvKDCs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: Justin Bruening on Chelsea Lately

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

WOW!!! :shock:
She was smart-ass and full of backhanded compliments.
"so anyway, I think that you're amazing." :roll:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:28 am

I think she was just referring to it coming back this year, early part of 2009 with the new episodes.

I've never heard of this woman... This is one of those shows that come on at like, two, three in the morning isn't it?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:40 am

Justin had B-A-L-L-S to show up on Chelsea Handler's show, because it's clear he knew exactly what he was in for. Frankly, she is the epitome of royal B%&@H, which is her shtick. It seems to me she invited him as a guest because the show is an easy target, yet she didn't know him so she tried taking it easy on him and bashed the show more instead. Justin clearly knew what he was in for and was pretty much reactive to her comments. The guy seems like a class-act and I actually felt bad for him because he was so gentlemanly that he didn't bother defending himself or firing back at her. (For those who are unfamiliar with her, she takes jabs at everybody including her guests.) But in all honesty I can't believe her show has even lasted this long, but I guess it depends on the network you premiere on these days.

But does anyone else get the sense that he has an idea of the type of morale surrounding the show's popularity?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:50 am

did she just say the shows coming back next year....as in it got picked up for a second season?
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I think she was just referring to it coming back this year, early part of 2009 with the new episodes.

I've never heard of this woman... This is one of those shows that come on at like, two, three in the morning isn't it?
Well I really don't know however this was taped on Tuesday night, so I think she is blowing smoke out her own a$%. Personally she is a bit of a blowheart however she is kinda hot...

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:09 am

I actually thought it was a pretty good interview. She wasn't too snarky and seemed to like him; I didn't get the sarcastic vibe at all. And he handled himself well.

AS far as the second season; that, I'm afraid, is not true AT THIS TIME. If KR pulls off a miracle against American Idol, then we'll see.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 pm

When Chelsea 1st came on, i didnt know it was a real talk show, i thought it was a supposed to be a show about a character that has her own talk show.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:02 pm

but one thing is true at least a KR person is on a talk show. Wish Leno would have some of them on, i thought maybe Leno would somewhat support it because of the GT500 and its a NBC program
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:27 pm

It seemed to me he was a little cloistered to himself due to her insults (I caught them, I'm not sure if anyone else did). My respect for Justin has hit another level as I admire that he didn't fire back at her- but rather turned his cheek to it. Unfortunately, she didn't make the show look good. The only positive she gave was the scene preview. The rest were wayward insults.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 pm

She's annoying. Strong and independent doesn't mean obnoxious ladies. He handled himself well though.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:44 pm

GT500KR wrote:but one thing is true at least a KR person is on a talk show. Wish Leno would have some of them on, i thought maybe Leno would somewhat support it because of the GT500 and its a NBC program
Thing with Leno is he'll be all nice and suck up to you when you're there as a guest, but then the next night rip on you or whatever you were there to promote, if he didn't do it before you were there.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm

she ACTUALLY sounded sincere when she said they had been picked up for a second season. But he doesn't even know what time the show was on, he thought it was on at 9PM! I don't know where she heard it was renewed? I've only heard the cancellation rumors, like everyone else here has heard.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:46 am

very interesting, nice to see justin on a talk show talking about knight rider, i wonder why justin has not been invited on the tonight show with leno or late night with conan obrien?
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:12 am

Something inside me wants to see KI3T get interviewed... :) I wonder what questions they'll ask! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:47 am

Same here, it would be a riot.