Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Jay
Rookie

Re: Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Post by Jay » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 pm

That was truly excellent! Superb right from the beginning to the end. Pacing, plot, and KITT's reactions.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

Romulus9
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Romulus9 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Just a few thoughts:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
- Getting rid of Torres and Rivai doesn't bother me a bit. Rivai is awful and Torres just pisses me off. Killing off Dr. Graiman? Bad idea. That position of knowledge and leadership is important, and while his character isn't necessarily like Devon Miles was, he still plays a similar role in the "formula", so to speak.
- I love the new opening sequence. It has the pace that it should, and the character familiarity that is necessary for new viewers as well.

- KARR looks imposing. THAT looks like it could get very interesting, very fast.

- The show is getting better on all fronts. The world already has a 24 and it's on FOX. We don't need the terrorist of the week. We need the feel of what FLAG was, and could be again. People who need help and can't go anywhere else coming to FLAG, with Michael and KITT doing what they can. The original series is a classic for a reason. Update it, tweak it, and move forward. Finally, it looks like that's exactly what is happening, just with a bigger support staff for KITT.

Now, let's get ready for episode 11.

:dash:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Loved the episdoe, I liked Knight Fever, but this even blew that away.
Anybody knoe if the story, with the "sick Robot" was just for a bit of hounmour, or is it going to tuen out to be something sinister?

steveyertz
Volunteer

Post by steveyertz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:37 pm

First off I really enjoyed the ep. Huge improvements in many ways. So I want to take a moment and say thank you to the powers that be with the show that have listened to us the fans. That being said now we must all do our part to get the word out and keep this show on the air! After last night I am really exctied for the future of this show, and it would be a shame to lose it now!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 pm

GST, one word - BRAVO! BRA F-ING VO!

This is what the show is all about. Interesting story, good acting, lots of action and tension. Almost no silly talk from Nick or Zoe. Very nice way of ending the episode.

There isn't much to complain about really! Excellent start! Having said that doesn't mean they should stop here and slow down again. This was an excellent start but next week we'll be seeing forward to even more action.

WAY TO GO!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi everybody. I'm reading these boards regulary but (unfortunately) I'm only at rare occasions active here.

Like everyone elese I was surprised by how much better this episode was compared to many others we have seen thus far in season 1. This is the way to go. If they keep the direction, it'd be a real shame if NBC would cancel the show.

There is another positive thing that nobody mentioned here before: the greenscreen scenes of Mike driving Kitt have been much, much better this time! In the older episodes you could easily make it out, but here the effects have been wonderfully done. Since this was one of the points of criticism on almost every other episode, I thought I should point it out :)

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:50 pm

I am very happy to see the show progressing the way it is.

I thought it was very well done,I hope this follows the lines of Star Trek TNG: slow start--gets better -- long run-- three movies.

Do we have any idea if KARR is a one time thing or are Mike & KI3T going to chase him around for the rest of the series?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MURDOCK
Rookie

Thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MURDOCK » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Great to see the show shapeing up,How did they do that shot of the truck exploding looks very real doubt they d endanger the star like that?Turbo over the fence in the prison,come on what episode did that remind you of???? :D :D
Great stuff,turbo also improving slowly but surely,good feeling about this, :dash4:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:29 pm

have you killed mac gyver yet murdoc :mrgreen:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 pm

At the beginning the guys face was blacked out so i was trying to think, would could this guy be. at first i though it was the Knight of the hunter guy, but then i realized
what if this is Carrie's father? Right now I'm on that theory
other than that the Hank scene made me realize how good a character Graiman is, definitely gonna make me miss this more. Also the death for him seemed sorta painful. Looks like a bomb blast to me.
I love the way KARR pulled back the curtain. Originally i though that KARR would only transform for batlle. It was kinda weird watching him pull back the sheet. I under estimated him. The next episode is relly epic looking

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Whoa..... just whoa! That was a hell of an episode! The new (and improved, might I say) intro was sweet. The whole 'shadowy-string puller' thing was executed very well. And the 'Turbo Boost/prison break' was just icing on a very sweet cake! And the side story with Dr. Graiman and HANK?? Touching. Seriously, HANK was channeling WALL E there. I canna' wait for next week, but I'm not sure I can wait 2 weeks for KARR!!

"Don't Stop The Knight" ---> 4 out of 5 Turbo Boosts!!!

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Just a thought... maybe Dr. Graiman isn't REALLY gonna die. I mean, sure he'll get banged up, but maybe he gets away and goes into hiding or something?? Because I would sure hate to see Davidson go away in such a cheap manner. He's Devon v2.0, dammit!! C'mon!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:11 pm

KITT Season 4 wrote:At the beginning the guys face was blacked out so i was trying to think, would could this guy be. at first i though it was the Knight of the hunter guy, but then i realized
what if this is Carrie's father? Right now I'm on that theory
other than that the Hank scene made me realize how good a character Graiman is, definitely gonna make me miss this more. Also the death for him seemed sorta painful. Looks like a bomb blast to me.
I love the way KARR pulled back the curtain. Originally i though that KARR would only transform for batlle. It was kinda weird watching him pull back the sheet. I under estimated him. The next episode is relly epic looking
NNNooooooo... i think that's gonna be Richard Roundtree.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:17 pm

The tone of this episode was a lot more serious, yet the humor was in the right place. I loved it.

I've watched it twice more on Hulu and I realize that a major change is the music - this had a score, some really suspenseful music that set the mood. Great choice of composition there, especially the chase music in the beginning. It set the tone for the rest of the show.

If they keep the music like this, I will definitely keep watching - I watched this latest episode on Hulu, and then I watched the previous one with the virus, and although that episode was okay, the music really set a bad tone. The music in this episode created drama and suspense and I hope that the rest is that way.

I am not averse to having non-soundtrack music in the show...however, I think that it should only be there when KI3T is providing it (aka, Mike is listening to music). It can serve as a backdrop for long driving scenes or something, the bonding moments between KI3T and Mike when they're on a long stretch of road together, but use it in moderation.

Overall, great episode and great villain character....loved him, would like to see (or at least hear) more of him, if possible.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:58 pm

The best episode until now!!! Action!!!! That' s the point!!!! At last Mike working only with Kitt in the field!!!
Really awesome!!! The whole thing!!! The only black spot the way they gave us turbo boost!!! I mean come on!!! 25 years ago it was much better!!! I believe next one will be done better!
Again the best so far!!! Also the new credits much better!!! Better, better, better!!!That's the word!!! If they continue like that, i think we will have a season 2!!!! Maybe then we 'll see Mike and Kitt helping the innocent, the powerless!!! Not again chasing terrorists!!!
Anyway, looking forward for the next one!!!!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Wow! This ep was great! Loved every moment. Made me wonder what's next. I can't wait for the next one to see how KITT and Mike get out of this.

Also looks like Carrie Rivai got blown to bits in the bad guy's hideout. So now she's out?

I agree with someone else that said that it seemed a lot like "Brother's Keeper". We had the turbo-boost break-in to get the criminal out (though Mike didn't go in as a criminal like Micheal Knight Sr. did), and then the bomb in the back trunk of KITT, a bomb that could take out a VERY large area... It's got some similarities.

I also wondered if that wasn't the same prison or made to look the same as the one from the original series?

I loved the KARR schematics at the start, and the preview of KARR at the end. Really cool! This show keeps getting better every week. :)

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 pm

yeah- i thought GST said they only watched season 1. this was definitely a season 2 rehash.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:25 pm

If the teaser for KARR is anything to go by, they watched at least both KARR episodes.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:02 pm

This "retooling" is looking really promising. I was truly on the edge of my seat throughout this one! Everything about this ep. felt alot like the TOS. From the Mike/KITT banter to the turbo boost into the prison, very kool stuff. And is it just me, or did anyone else think that we might get our first glimpse of KARR in that warehouse there at the end? Liked the new intro starting out with the sattelite, and KARR's blueprints. To be continued...

:kitt: :karr:

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 am

GST did say they only watched the 1st season. so could it be that the new KR is fowlling only that season and not the others, that way the could say the 1st KARR was killed, but used the idea and name for the second KARR

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 am

arhskr81 wrote:GST did say they only watched the 1st season. so could it be that the new KR is fowlling only that season and not the others, that way the could say the 1st KARR was killed, but used the idea and name for the second KARR
I don't think that really flies, considering that KARR's scanner was red like KITT's and not yellow in "Trust Doesn't Rust". And don't call it coincidence.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:52 am

this episode was awesome, i'm very happy that this series is finally going in the right direction, i like the new intro, i love all the action, i can finally say that i am enjoying this show because it's defanitely a lot more like the original with this reboot. i love the turbo boosts , the relationship with mike and kitt is a lot better, the stunts are a lot better, and i'm very happy that they aren't doing anymore transformations into other vehicles. i'm very happy that nbc listened to our complaints and made the necessary changes to make kr08 better. :D :good: :good: :good: :good:
in glen larson we trust.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:35 am

It's nice to see the little Knight Rider things starting to show up in the episodes.

Kitt opening the door for Micheal, that guys reaction when he saw Kitts HUD, spinning wheels, Kitt being pounded on by the bad guy with no effect. :)

Those little things are what I've been missing in this new show and it's nice to see them starting to appear.

I do hope though, that the producers don't do a "ok we made TOS fans happy we can stop now" like they did with the turbo boosts.

I was actually hoping Kitt was gonna smash through the prison fence and get sprayed with bullets. Now that would have been classic Knight Rider :D It makes more sense (story wise) to turbo boost though, so that was ok, although I think we got short changed with that turbo boost sequence.

But all in all, this felt more like a Knight Rider episode. There was still too much of the "other people" for my liking, but I know that's being sorted in the next couple of episodes so, it's all good. :good:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:23 pm

I saw the episode online at the "KR website" & I must say that "I'm mad that I did not record this episode at home", because to me, I think this is one of the "best episodes by far for KR08". The only thing, I'm upset about is Agent Rivai being the first to go (despite the fact that I thought her character was not being utilized properly, but she had her moments on the show & she was "eye candy" to me.). To sum it all up, I enjoyed this episode and I look forward to the " remaining future episodes, especially the clash of K.I3.T. & K.A.R.R."
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Nah, smashing through the fence would have left it open for the other prisioners to escape. Turbo boost made more sense.

There were only a few nagging things for me in this episode but overall it was a solid improvement over the first nine. The biggest one being KITT asking the "lethal or non-lethal" question.. Oh there was the "borrowing" the "don't go under ___ MPH or the bomb will explode" thing which would have been more forgivable to me if Mike said he must have watched too many movies or at least something to that effect or even the bad guy made a comment where he said he loved that movie.

For the bullets, if we can't not the effect shot of a bullet impacting the car and its energy being absorbed then could we at least get some smoke signifying that impact? Don't even need the sparks since to me the spark represented bullets bouncing off the car and I want dangerous ricochet to still be a reason why the Knight 2000 was possibly decommissioned..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: