Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jbh142
Volunteer

Re: Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Post by jbh142 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:57 am

WOW!! Great Episode!!
This really got me re-excited for the series. They need to do alot more story arc's like episode 10-11.
I hope they don't kill off tonights bad guy as I thought he was great. We need to see more villians like this
that have a very dark tone to them with a little humor.

I honestly Hate they are killing off Sara's father. I understand the others but he really added a familar face to
the show. Turbo boost needs alot of work though. They really need to try and jump some cars on one episode
and see how it looks. I think most people would prefer it.

Overall great new direction and I can't wait for Karr. Even my wife is excited so keep it up people.

Oh and I would love a recap of past shows and the begining..

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:22 am

Tonight's episode was great! :D I wasn't impressed with Hank in the beginning,until he started throwing things. And the funny thing is that I was wondering what happened if Howie or the Banker(or maybe both) really did jump from behind and attacked Mike when he said "Deal or No Deal". :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:18 am

Ok here goes. And if mine seems long....suck it up there's others that are more than likely longer! :P

From the top on:
LOVED the new intro! Yea it was new scenes but thank god they spiced it up w/scenes from the next few nights. Anybody else notice the KARRE Schematics?
The Turbo Boost was SOOOO Old school! YES!!!!
Even if it was TOTALLY ripped from a KR ep! LOL
The story was fast paced, exciting, and even had humor in the "unrelated" Hank storyline.
I think the BDP writer's were at the helm yet again. (Why they have been used more is BEYOND me.)
The fact that KITT actually opened doors HIMSELF was such a breath of fresh air. Something I cannot personally remember SINCE the BDP.
Oh! And the blackening of the windows? Yet more TOS stuff!
And poor KITT actually had to think on his feet for a change. I actually caught myself thinking : Ki2t would have already used the fake voice by now! And then Ki3t did it! But he's young so ...;)

Another "did you see?" moment: catch the tag when KITT pulled in?
It was 77KR117. Hmmm, I wonder what the significance is of that? (I think I know, but want YHO)

The villain was funny, creepy and just flat pissed you off! COOL! (nice to see him acting again lol)

All in all, this DEFINITELY felt like an updated TOS ep!

To me, TOS was serious and dealt with issues and stuff, but there was a (sorry to offend some) campy-ness to the show that made it "escapism". Something that KR08 was *not* in most aspects.
So the fake breasted Russian bombshells are mainly a "manly" addition to get guys attention, and I'm cool w/that.
I mean come on, KR was orginally T&A show the first season :P j/k

Now as for next week:
AWESOME!!! It took awhile for me to find the Youtube vid: Which I found surfing the posts here (TY KRO) and I am so stoked to see it!
Oh! For those curious about how KR will do against Bones next week?: You're fine. Thur Jan 15 is the new Bones and its new night. ;)
YAY! No more having to chose btwn the two! At least for me! LOL :good:
(about TIME things started going right!)

Well, I think that about wraps up my review.
It was awesome, exciting, and something that I haven't seen on TV in quite a long time.
See ya'll next week! :kittspin:
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:14 am

I just noticed when kitt turbo boosts over the prison gates there's no KR underneath but when he turbo boosts back out there is.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:19 am

I liked the tonights show myself. It seems to be going in the right direction. Only thing is I like someone said before I hate to see them get rid of Sarah's father. To me he was like a Devon Myles.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:34 am

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:I liked the tonights show myself. It seems to be going in the right direction. Only thing is I like someone said before I hate to see them get rid of Sarah's father. To me he was like a Devon Myles.
The way the Graiman character was portrayed in the series was less like Devon. Graiman did not assign the missions, Torres does because HE is in charge of the 'KITT project'.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
From some of the spoilers we've seen, it looks like the 'foundation' is coming back with Sarah at the helm but I wouldnt have minded if we had a sort of 'renegade' element in the show where Mike went into hiding or on the run with KITT for a while, helping people along the way, that could have been fun.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 am

Tonight was a great epsiode but there were a couple things I didn't like. I REALLY want to see KITT Turbo boost in Normal mode, and to me the CGI of the Boost didn't look all that good (maybe adding in the old sound effect might help it seem better). Also, did anybody else notice when Mike asked KITT to help him out with the ladies KITT asked Lethal or Non-Lethal? Ummm....isn't KITT's primary program to preserve human life? Why would he ask that? Other than that, it was great, lots of action and a good story.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am

Knight316 wrote:Tonight was a great epsiode but there were a couple things I didn't like. I REALLY want to see KITT Turbo boost in Normal mode, and to me the CGI of the Boost didn't look all that good (maybe adding in the old sound effect might help it seem better). Also, did anybody else notice when Mike asked KITT to help him out with the ladies KITT asked Lethal or Non-Lethal? Ummm....isn't KITT's primary program to preserve human life? Why would he ask that? Other than that, it was great, lots of action and a good story.
If it was needed, he could kill someone to help Mike. His main priority is to protect Mike, isn't it? That priority is over the other, so it could be lethal if it had to be. But I don't think there should have been a choice, but I am not a writer of the show, so I can't do anything.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 am

Fun episode, and I really, really found Gunner annoying and threatening at the same time, which was fantastic. I really enjoyed seeing each "mini-mission" escalate. I also enjoyed seeing KITT and Mike working together more without Billy, Zoe or anyone else running out into the field to help him. They belong at the SCC and that's where they stayed.

The "Russian babes" served as a great visual joke. They were over the top on purpose, down to the guns they carried. As a visual gag (and eye candy) they worked really well.

The B-story regarding the robot throwing a tantrum was interesting to me from a scifi fan and KR fan perspective. Clearly AI has existed in the KR-verse for quite some time now, despite it being kept secret. It stands to reason that while they may be less sophisticated (more "child like" if you will), the robots created by Graiman would have some emotional ability. I also found that this forshadows KARR since he too was an AI that went out of control, albeit in a much more violent way.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 am

Great episode. Excitement from the first minute to the last second.
I liked nearly everything.

Some things I want to point out:
- new much more realistic/believable looking transformation (if we really have to have transformations)
- KITT driving and acting alone
- lots of cool normal mode action, I love this (GT500KR) car
- sadly no normal mode turbo boost
- great story concentrating on Mike and KITT
- Mike always refering to himself as Mike, did he ever use his new name Michael Knight after the first episode?
- the villain staying in front of the car telling Mike to get out. Why not shoot at the window, the villains in TOS would have done it :wink:
- less "coolness", more greatness (no neon logo under the car)

In general this is the right direction and I had lots of fun watching the show.
my rating: 9/10

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 am

Knight316 wrote:Tonight was a great epsiode but there were a couple things I didn't like. I REALLY want to see KITT Turbo boost in Normal mode, and to me the CGI of the Boost didn't look all that good (maybe adding in the old sound effect might help it seem better). Also, did anybody else notice when Mike asked KITT to help him out with the ladies KITT asked Lethal or Non-Lethal? Ummm....isn't KITT's primary program to preserve human life? Why would he ask that? Other than that, it was great, lots of action and a good story.

I had the same problem with the lethal or non-lethal bit. I guess they made a change to the programming so that if it was needed to protect his driver, he could take a life.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

coondawg45
Volunteer

Post by coondawg45 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 am

I don't want to keep repeating everything that was said about the episode last night because I think that the majority of us agree that this was a huge step for KR. The thing that stuck out to me the most on this episode was the relationship between Mike and KITT. We saw a little of this take place in the last episode when KITT had the virus, but tonight really built on it. They are really becoming "buddies" now the way that Michael and KI2T were in the 80s. I'm very excited to see how the KARR episodes will develop the relationship between our heroes. I'm glad that the writers are going for something more deep in the story than just flashy action. Excellent episode!

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:11 am

i just spoke to my buddy, he said the whole left side of circuit city had knight rider playing, thats over 30 tv's, and him being a knight rider fan as well who wasn't too happy was there series gave only positive feedback....not only that but hes watching next week, this is great hopefully this means more people will be watching
Ice rider coming 2009

automatedrovingrobot
Volunteer

Post by automatedrovingrobot » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

:karr:
I've loved this show from the start but have to agree that this was a step up in class. It really echoed much of the original but at a much better pace and perfectly suiting modern TV. The relationship between Mike and KITT was one of the key elements of the episode and we actually got to see KITT deal with things himself. This is a huge step forwards.
It is intriguing to see where the HANK thing is going and like many I am really sorry to see Graiman go as he brings great balance to the show. Lets hope he makes a return in series 2 and is only pretending to be dead to put the government off the scent! No love interest between Mike and Sarah was also a plus as it had been over hammed IMO, but then TOS had Michael wooing the ladies at every opportunity.
The new intro does not seem as bang, bang as the first, but you can see they are telling us the show is now about the relationships between KITT and people, where the original intro seemed to be just a showcase for KITT.
Well done to all at the show - here's hoping for more.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:18 am

The one other thing i didn't understand is why the prison guards didn't start shooting at KITT? Or maybe they did and I missed it somehow but it would've been cool to see the bullet healing effect again. I don't think it's been used often enough.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:31 am

They did start shooting KI3T as he pulled away to Turbo Boost over the wall after they got the prisoner. Probably to keep cost down they didnt show bullets flying off KI3T. We need that money for KARR! :-)

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 am

A friend of mine pointed out this episode had a similar look and feel to the season 2 episode brother keeper.I think knight rider is well on its way to a season 2 and i think the hater or nay sayers just need to buck up and keep an open mind.I love the orignal series as much as the next person.But i am happy we have a modern version knight rider.It kicks the crap out of tkr ecept for ecept for two episodes from that series.The only thing close to this right now is knight rider 2000 even tho it did have some weird parts to it.This is just my two cents.

Travis

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 am

Protocol Nancy Bravo Charlie? NBC? Ha!

hasslethej
Volunteer

Post by hasslethej » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:11 am

new intro up online wooooo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORwstodyf3A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am

I really enjoyed the episode last night. The series is definately going in the right direction. This episode was better written , acted and directed. It was more polished. There was much humor like the convict being knocked out and the Hank subplot without it being teenage giggling. The plot was fast paced and exciting. I so hope the show picks up steam. It'd be a shame if NBC pulls the plug just as the show starts to improve.

More like this please.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 am

My bad I posted my review of yesternight's episode elsewhere anyway I give this one a 9 out of 10. I hope Syndey's character survives I like her though and she would make a great government liason to the soon to be restored FLAG.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:25 am

This has been the greatest episode of KR2008 as of this moment and seeing the step up in quality in these last two weeks, I can't help but wait with great anticipation for what the KARR episode will become.

The last scene where the warehouse exploded was great. We could really see Mike was really worried about Carrie, and had he been able to turn back, he would. But with that bomb inside KITT, he couldn't just turn back.

One more question for the VFX team. You guys already have the circular speed dial in the lower left part of KITT's HUD, right? So why do you need to have Mike pull another digital speedometer with a different design there? Why not just enlarge the round dial or something? Is it just to make it easier for the viewers to get the hang of KITT's current speed? Because design-wise, I like the circular dial better.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

DA89SOUP
Stranger

Post by DA89SOUP » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:30 am

I found the episode better as well mostly because it seems that they are addressing and fixing some of the things we all find troubling about the series. In my opinion though I think the writing is still lacking. I thought it was funny that Kitt asked Mike if he wanted to use leathal or non leathal darts on the Russian hot chicks. I thought Kitt was programed not to take human life???? Also I thought it was funny that Kitt had darts to take out the hot Russian chicks but did not use the darts to take out the main bad guy and his thugs when they were standing right in front of him. I mean if kitt would have just used the darts Mike could have saved the ambassador, Kerry would not have died and the episode could have ended all happy. :?: :oops:

I think they are trying to fix the show to make it what it should have been in the begining, a continuation of the old show with new high tech stuff. (Not a 1 hour Ford commercial) Lets be honest the die hard fans are going to watch the show and follow it through its problems but all of the normal fans from the old show were probibly lost at the begining of the series. I watch the train wreck every week hoping for the best but I still remain disapointed. To be honest I watch now only because I like to see the mistakes and what Smith and Deanna are wearing. With only a few episodes to go I feel we are all hoping for what just isnt going to happen, a second season.

jeregano
Volunteer

Post by jeregano » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:50 am

I am curious does any one else think:
1. That these bad guys can be working for/with KARR?
2. That all the vehicles the bad guys were in could have been KARR?
Keeping in mind that transformations into other vehicles is an important part of the nanotech that makes the new KITT so awesome and and is clearly an important part of the ways the new KARR along with his "self programing" ability I think all those vehicles (UAV "Drone which is black, the Black Navigator that disappeared when the "Drone" reappeared, the black helicopter that appeared from no where after we saw the location on satellite photos after the "drone" was "shot down") were KARR. I think the bad guys in this didn't even know who they were working for/with. They probably thought it is always a guy on the phone in the KARR...I mean vehicle.
Well thoughts?

jeregano
Volunteer

Post by jeregano » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 pm

OH AND ALSO:
When we were shown the screen where the incoming signal from the "drone" was being shown it had a yellow color to things, like the scanned area. Not green or red as you might most commonly see but yellow. Also this criminal shouldn't, according to the KITT cave crew, have the technical know how to make the things he's making but KARR would, or at least would have access to the info to write his own program to know how!
I'm really thinking this is what we are seeing!

Man this episode has me more amped than any yet! I can't wait for the next one!