Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Plankman
Stranger

Re: Live Discussion - Don't Stop The Knight

Post by Plankman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Does anyone know the name of the actor playing the terrorist?
I'd swear I seen him in somethingelse just not sure.
He's kinda funny though...Wonder if he's a comedian?lol

Thanks,

Plankman

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

the white knight wrote:
KnightIndustriesTT wrote:
MikeLutton wrote:i was really good i miss the hoff already if he was there he stop kitt take bomb out of the car throw it somewher safe and then be end of that cant wait til next week
He can't stop to take it out since it would explode.

I agree guys, it felt like they are indeed listening.
That and if he did manage to throw it somewhere "safe" It better be far away as the radius of the explosion is a LARGE area
Yeah, well said, I can't believe I left that out.

tosil
Volunteer

Post by tosil » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Episode 9...very good, this episode... very vey good.... but in 2 weeks? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ummm KITT looks a little overmatched here.... wow, that is some SHIZNIT right there. KARR would scare the crap out of anyone or anything that crosses his path. Vey vey very good.
If KITT were human, we would be called, THE STIG.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:14 pm

I actually mentioned this is the KR chat...

the retooling hasn't even begun yet, and maybe if episodes were closer to this at the beginning, we wouldn't even have a need for a retool.

The episode of last week and this week were awesome. :good:

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:18 pm

I can not wait to new what the NEW KARR sounds like, it kind of makes me want to watch the the TOS series with KARR in TOS. I think this plot story line will be finished next Wednesday, then the Wednesday after that will probally be part 1 of another 2 parter or even longer since they mention in 2 weeks KARR will debut.

Can't wait to see what the rating were for tonight.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Plankman wrote:Does anyone know the name of the actor playing the terrorist?
I'd swear I seen him in somethingelse just not sure.
He's kinda funny though...Wonder if he's a comedian?lol
Rick Hoffman http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0389069/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Totally and completely loved this episode. If this is the way the reboot is going, I can't wait!

They put a lot more humor into the episode too which made it really fun as well as suspensful. Yeah, the turbo boots could have been a little better, but I'm willing to forgive it because the rest of the episode made up for it. The one thing I noticed is that Kitt, as a character, has definitely come a long way since the beginning of the season.

I think when we finally get to see all of Karr it's going to be a jaw dropping moment. :D

Lisa
:kittside:
Lisa :kittside:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:28 pm

It was definetly a better episode... I like the new intro.

For some reason I can't put my finger on it but it always seems like it's missing something. Just in the way the camera moves in regards to what's going on with the actors... I dunno Maybe I just have the original style of filming stuck in my head.

One thing I don't like is the way kitt's voice is projected and it just comes from no where.
The turbo boost still looked kinda crappy. Even though they will not do it they need to jump a real car. It would look 10 times better. At least Mike showed a little reaction when he jumped the fence. I wish he could've yelled out a Wooooooo or something... lol

The sick robot thing was kinda lame.... I chuckled when it threw stuff at Graiman but I think the episode would have been better off without it. maybe they could have added more chase scenes instead of that.

I think the best part of the show was the bad guy.... He was entertaining. I was saying to my gf it sounds like he's the joker, and then they called him a joker or something like that. I was like I called it...

Overall besides my criticizisms it was a much better epidode all the way around. :good:
Last edited by DevonStyles on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Now THIS is more like it! If the show had been like this from the beginning, as someone else said, there would have been no beed for a retool.

Anyone notice, there was no contemporary music in the background? The plot was focused, the humor has ceased to be hammy, the performances were more serious, the action was better, in fact, EVERYTHING was better. I could still make a couple of smaller complaints, but I won't bother, at this point I could live with all of them except Attack Mode.
Last edited by Mike Knight on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One man can make a difference....

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Is that Six Flags there at?
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Great Episode! The sick robot thing...don't have any idea where they are going with that. Gotta be honest, I kept thinking that KARR was going to be in the warehouse...and that the bad guy was getting these parts for him.

The credits were better than the originals, but still need a tweak...I agree that maybe they are episode-centric for these 3...since KARR diagram is shown...but we'll need to see next week.

9.0 out of 10 for me.

Remember, you still have time to visit my poll, and make your guess as to what KARR is...

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=13317

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 pm

DevonStyles wrote:
One thing I don't like is the way kitt's voice is projected and it just comes from no where.
The turbo boost still looked kinda crappy. Even though they will not do it they need to jump a real car. It would look 10 times better. At least Mike showed a little reaction when he jumped the fence. I wish he could've yelled out a Wooooooo or something... lol
How about Yeeehaaaw! Sorry wrong show :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Great Episode! The sick robot thing...don't have any idea where they are going with that. Gotta be honest, I kept thinking that KARR was going to be in the warehouse...and that the bad guy was getting these parts for him.

The credits were better than the originals, but still need a tweak...I agree that maybe they are episode-centric for these 3...since KARR diagram is shown...but we'll need to see next week.

9.0 out of 10 for me.

Remember, you still have time to visit my poll, and make your guess as to what KARR is...

I think it's some foreshadowing for KARR, HANK was Graiman's first robot/AI IIRC and he's been active for a very long time..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 am

WOW! :shock:
Next 2 episodes look great!
espically the KARR episode :mrgreen:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:04 am

when kitt was racing up to break into the prison reminded me of TOS with kitt going to save Michael, and Goliath saving Garth, the engine racing.......man i was sitting there hoping he would have went through the walls haha
Ice rider coming 2009

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 am

This episode was freakin amazing man! I loved everything about it and i just saw the previews for next week and in 2 weeks :shock: holy *?$# KITT watch out for KARRS PUNCH! LOL. And yes KARRS scanner is yellow even in his robot form awesome :good: . Overall the episode impressed turbo boost yay! more of just KITT and Mike on the road :good: Good Humor loved the bad guy hes freakin hilarious! and my god i did not get to see toress see karr can someone please post that footage :).

over all episode 10/10!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 am

The villain of the piece, whose name escapes me though I remember the actor's name, was FAR more entertaining than any of the previous villains. Such a snarky and cunning terrorist is definitely the polar opposite of an uncharismatic and emotionless bore like Knight of the Hunter's Walt Cooperton, the European bank robber posing as a right-wing militia leader. (Talk about failing to sell someone as a fanatic...where was the mouth-foaming when you needed it?) I'm definitely glad this is a two-parter, 'cuz that means we get to see even more of him and the threat he poses is far bigger with longer-reaching consequences.

And the episode itself was a first-rate effort all around--tightly focused on the main plot, genuinely funny when humor was brought in, nonstop action and growing tension, excellent character interaction, and a BIG double-barreled cliffhanger leading into next week's race against time and friction. Definitely the best episode of this series so far, and I expect the next part to be just as good if not better.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
WIBoomer1 wrote:Great Episode! The sick robot thing...don't have any idea where they are going with that. Gotta be honest, I kept thinking that KARR was going to be in the warehouse...and that the bad guy was getting these parts for him.

9.0 out of 10 for me.

I think it's some foreshadowing for KARR, HANK was Graiman's first robot/AI IIRC and he's been active for a very long time..
Someone earlier said HANK might be KARR. I dont know about that but there has to be something more to HANK. Otherwise it is kind of an odd mini-story to have during the episode because it had nothing to do with the episode itself.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:30 am

I wish KARR wasnt a transformer and that these writers could be more original instead of obviously ripping off other shows and movies.

As for this epeisode, aside from the crappy turbo boost graphics and the pointless appearance of the 3 fake breasted women, this episode was great. No overplayed background music. No pointless sex jokes. Solid story. This episode is what knight rider should be like from now on. Why couldnt the entire season be like this? I dont understand. More references to the original like in the pilot would make the series even better.

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:20 am

That was Knight Rider.

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:23 am

And I shall elaborate a bit.

The music was done much better. Lots of shots of KITT, as well as KITT actually doing things on his own. Perfect pacing of the story and use of the character. A decent villian finally who can actually act. I was on the edge of my seat. Loved it all.

SacValleyDweller
Recruit

Post by SacValleyDweller » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:33 am

David Whiteheart wrote:
KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:OMG! I hate cliffhangers! I need to know what happens! At least it is great for trying to forget life and absorb into someone else's.
NBC better not do to us what Universal Action Pack did to those of us who watched Team Knight Rider. They cut off season one with a to be continued episode and then didn't even have a season 2 at all or an hour episode to answer the questions at the end of season one. So hopefully NBC/Universal won't screw us on this one.
I wanst there, but that's rough for any fan. Don't remember of hand if I experienced anything like that, and I never want to.
ghidorah15 wrote:The villain of the piece ... was FAR more entertaining than any of the previous villains. Such a snarky and cunning terrorist is definitely the polar opposite of an uncharismatic and emotionless bore like Knight of the Hunter's Walt Cooperton, the European bank robber posing as a right-wing militia leader. (Talk about failing to sell someone as a fanatic...where was the mouth-foaming when you needed it?) I'm definitely glad this is a two-parter, 'cuz that means we get to see even more of him and the threat he poses is far bigger with longer-reaching consequences.

And the episode itself was a first-rate effort all around--tightly focused on the main plot, genuinely funny when humor was brought in, nonstop action and growing tension, excellent character interaction, and a BIG double-barreled cliffhanger leading into next week's race against time and friction. Definitely the best episode of this series so far, and I expect the next part to be just as good if not better.
Here here! Great villain, very charismatic in that you hate him more than the average villains you just mentioned. Though villain characterization is not that important to me, it did make for a better episode tonight. :good:

And yes, everything else, the plot, the pacing, the more realistic character interaction, even the blasted cliffhanger (the bane of any fan's existence when you have a show that isn't normally serialized) makes for a better Ep. :good:

Yes, the turboboost coulda use work, but that's just gravy when you've got a good plot and all!

Felt like an episode of Heroes; kept me on the edge of my seat, only to yank the chair from under me with the "To Be Continued"

Cant WAIT for next week!
:kitt:
--SVD
(-
=)

ThisIsSparta
Stranger

Post by ThisIsSparta » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:34 am

Praise to the show’s production staff and cast for a very exciting and enjoyable 1st episode of the rebooted series. I have previously criticized the series. I'm glad to see things are turning around, and I hope NBC gives Knight Rider the time to realize its full potential.

Things I liked:

1. Return of the Turbo Boost! It still needs some fine tuning, but it's much better than before. A cooler sound effect would be great rather than the revving engine noise. I loved Justin doing his best Hasselhoff during the boost. You know, the leaning back for the take off acceleration and his bouncing forward on the landing impact.
2. KITT was a true partner to Mike. In the past I'd felt like KITT was treated as a supporting character rather than a main character. Mike and KITT are now working together to execute the mission without the other characters getting in the way of the relationship. More of a man and his car... partners and buddies... as it should be.
3. Justin's acting is getting better. He seems to be feeling more comfortable in the character. He's getting more edgy and aggressive while still charming and humorous. Past episodes I thought he was a little too light-hearted and cutesy.
5. Better fast-paced action and commercial break cliffhangers. This is supposed to be an action/sci-fi series after all. The previous episodes bordered on silly. The suspense in this one was MUCH improved. And the comic moments in the x-ray scene were funny and appropriate. This is the first episode I felt truly excited to see the scene after the break. And I eagerly anticipate the coming episodes.

Now we need some more tie-in with the original series, but I hear that is coming. Bring on KARR... woooooo hoooooo!

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:39 am

SacValleyDweller wrote:Felt like an episode of Heroes; kept me on the edge of my seat, only to yank the chair from under me with the "To Be Continued"

Cant WAIT for next week!
Just don't expect a "PREVIOUSLY ON KNIGHT RIDER" to pop up on the screen next week :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

SacValleyDweller
Recruit

Post by SacValleyDweller » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 am

BlueChaos wrote:
SacValleyDweller wrote:Felt like an episode of Heroes; kept me on the edge of my seat, only to yank the chair from under me with the "To Be Continued"

Cant WAIT for next week!
Just don't expect a "PREVIOUSLY ON KNIGHT RIDER" to pop up on the screen next week :mrgreen:
*eats a grain of salt before replying*
Heroes doesn't do that, just one of the actors saying the line while in character (only when Masi/Hiro says the line in Japanese do they need to do that)

Wouldn't mind if KR did, though
--SVD
(-
=)