Online petition still growing 805 so far

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Online petition still growing 805 so far

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:04 am

Hi all,
The online petition is at 805.

When it hits 1000 I would like to send it to NBC.

Just wondering what the thoughts on that are, send it at a 1000 or wait.

If we wait, whats the target amount of signatures we should reach before we send it?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Online petition still growing 805 so far

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:48 am

I think 1,000 is rather low, you might want to wait until after the episodes have all aired and see where things go from there. Certainly in another month and a half there will be over 1,000. Hell, I might have even signed it by then despite my feelings on online petitions. :P

Are you planning on printing it out and sending it by mail?

EDIT: I think you forgot to add the link again, maybe you should have it in your sig?
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:51 am

Certified Mail
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 am

I'm going to be a bit of a downer here...

I would advise against sending the petition at all. If anything, it could actually HURT the show. When fans have campaigns to save shows (which rarely influence network decisions anyway), responses are in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands. By sending in a petition with 1,000 signatures, you're actually drawing attention to the fact that you don't have a lot of support.

Now then, that does NOT mean that the show does not have a lot of support out there. It just means that there hasn't been a big campaign to save the show. An online petition will get a reaction of "oh, ok that's nice" by an admin sorting through an executive's email. However, a well-worded letter might strike a chord with an admin and have them forward it to the right people, who then might be swayed by it.

We can help the show far more by generating buzz about the reboot and the new episodes. Getting the word out on other sites, which can actually attract viewers. If we can get the online world to come back and take a second look at the new-and-hopefully-improved show, then THAT'S when NBC will notice.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:55 am

Ahh, I see... Well, the bigger the stack of paper the more they probably will take notice. Heh, that was a quick reply, I'm not use to that, oh well. I'll leave me edit there. :D

EDIT: Bah! Happened again, hahahahaha..... But yeah, that is true, a petition with only 1,000 people on it would probably just look sad... Even if it'd be a lot of paper, likely a big waste of it since petitions rarely work.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Super knight
Recruit

Post by Super knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:44 am

Well, hello. I'm french and I don't understand one thing because I'm not strong in English.

This petition is about what?
What the topic of this petition? Thanks
webmaster of http://www.knightriderworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 am

Super knight wrote:Well, hello. I'm french and I don't understand one thing because I'm not strong in English.

This petition is about what?
What the topic of this petition? Thanks
it's a petition to "save new Knight Rider" from cancellation.

Super knight
Recruit

Post by Super knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:36 am

Ok, I agree to save this new TV show. Could give the link to participate?

Thank you and sorry for my very bad English ^^
webmaster of http://www.knightriderworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 pm

805 is cool.............but i dont think 805 ppl out of 4-5million people that watch the show will do anything.

But good luck to ya :good:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Well the good news is someone made a myspace page for the new knight rider

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =329002871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it has 22554 friends.

And most of the messages on that page are very positive, but i see your point about a 1,000 signatures.
Ice rider coming 2009

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:12 pm

KR had a MySpace? I didn't know that!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

BlueAveo
Volunteer

Post by BlueAveo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:01 pm

I don't know if it will help or not but I just signed it and I'm planning on sending letters as well.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Just signed petition, really wanna see KR08 take off in a big way. Given the reboot, the return to the original
formula, that can happen. It could really bounce back & surprise ppl.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 pm

I have KR as a myspace friend and also post on the forum to save KR by signing. I was hoping being the page has over 22,000 friends that it would help. But so far only 10 people have told me they signed over there. They need to put this on TV or something, so more fans would know and sign.

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm

I am one of the first signers of this petition, and unfortunatley have to point out one thing....if 5 million viewers every week isn't enough for NBC to take notice, what good will this petition, even with 100 thousand signatures do. Don't get me wrong, I am doing everything I can to help the show survive as well, but I think the call on this one is out of all of our hands.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:37 pm

I get that we have decided that this petition probably won't do much good but I did want to say that I have checked the petition twice in the last three days and within these last few days we have went from 10200 signatures to 1400 signatures when it hasn't gotten many signatures in the MONTHS it has been up. This shows we are getting more support for more people to start taking notice. This IMO is a very good sign for the show.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 pm

We have only 1400 signatures, but we represent a much larger group that may not know the petition exists. Not every fan of the show visits here, or the NBC borads, or heck, uses the Internet. Hopefully NBC will understand that.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 am

Lynda414 wrote:We have only 1400 signatures, but we represent a much larger group that may not know the petition exists. Not every fan of the show visits here, or the NBC borads, or heck, uses the Internet. Hopefully NBC will understand that.
I agree with you 100% you can't judge a show from an online petition.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:14 am

The petition can help to show that we support the show.

Is it the final fix? No.

Will it be the deciding factor? No

What it will do is show NBC that not only does Knight Rider have a steady fan base; we are spread all over the United States, the UK, Canada, and Brazil. That is the impact I am hoping will get their attention. Surely we could never generate enough signatures to effect a serious impact on the decision making process. But if they can see the sheer range of markets watching Knight Rider, supporting and hoping it will return, and then the marketing potential that is available to them is in various marketing regions, is being brought to their attention. The possibility of losing viewer support in all those different markets could make a serious impression

I have been on many boards trying to get support for the petition and many people here have helped.

I am very disappointed that the crew of KRO has not only criticized the petition, they haven’t really (in my opinion) been very supportive.

This petition should be on the front page of this site, not on a thread someone might happen to see if they look hard enough.

Its on my homepage, my myspace page, I got it the NBC forums, Scifi.com, KR-UK, several other sites, but face it, everyone who searches for knight Rider using a search engine will eventually end up here. How much they look around is another story. Even if they just hit the homepage the petition will get exposure.

I know Paul Campbell and Smith Cho signed the petition, but honestly besides Deanna Russo, I don’t know if the rest of the cast & crew even know it exists. Every time KRO gets to do an interview or gets a behind the scenes visit they should be asking people to sign the petition.

If the cast and crew get their friends and family to sign there is a huge jump in numbers.
Personally I think f the actors know about the petition, whenever they do an interview they should be telling viewers, sign the petition.

I get the feeling there is more going on behind the scenes then we know. Either Knight Rider is doomed or it’s not. Somebody on this board has the answer, you can not consistently visit the set , interact with the cast and crew and not learn a detail or hear a rumor.

All I know is if Knight Rider dies it won’t be for my lack of trying. It will be from selfishness and hidden agendas.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:17 am

djshag69 wrote:Well the good news is someone made a myspace page for the new knight rider

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =329002871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it has 22554 friends.

And most of the messages on that page are very positive, but i see your point about a 1,000 signatures.

Someone get the petition to that page :!:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 am

Someone please put this petition on the front page!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 pm

I fear the the staff of KRO don 't believe in the petition and there for they will not support it, and they will continue to ignore it, until either it dies or I go away. Either way I would be very very surprised to see it on the front page of this site.

Somebody from KRO got in touch with another website and promoted the letter writing campaign that KRO does support.

My only question is why not do both?

What if only 100 people send letters? how much support will that show, the petition is up to 1450 and growing. at least we know for sure how many people signed that. Whatever.

Sad to say but I am getting dishartened that only a few people are working to support the petition, that along with all the haters on this site, I am seriously considering leaving this forum.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Sad to say but I am getting dishartened that only a few people are working to support the petition, that along with all the haters on this site, I am seriously considering leaving this forum.
Don't leave! We will need the support!More people, the better...
Petition #9

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah, we're not all haters. You don't want to uneven the sides, do you?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:I fear the the staff of KRO don 't believe in the petition and there for they will not support it, and they will continue to ignore it, until either it dies or I go away. Either way I would be very very surprised to see it on the front page of this site.

Somebody from KRO got in touch with another website and promoted the letter writing campaign that KRO does support.

My only question is why not do both?

What if only 100 people send letters? how much support will that show, the petition is up to 1450 and growing. at least we know for sure how many people signed that. Whatever.

Sad to say but I am getting dishartened that only a few people are working to support the petition, that along with all the haters on this site, I am seriously considering leaving this forum.
Tony come on man, I love your petition! I talked with Paul Campbell about it didn't I? And Neil helped to move all the petition threads into the campaign forum so they don't get lost on the board.

I've been working on a lot of things at the moment, I shall copy from my todo list for you. Someone already beat me to Roddenberry, but I sent a follow up note all about your petition and the actors who supported it.

ToDo:
-Petition and letter on news page

-Write Roddenberry about the petition
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.