LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 am

vertigo778 wrote:The movie "Shrek 2" put ABC on top at 8 p.m. with a modest 3.2/6. A "Bones" repeat on FOX earned a 2.8/5, edging NBC's "Knight Rider" (2.7/5). CBS was right behind, averaging 2.6/5 with repeats of "Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried." The CW aired the movie "How to Deal."

not great, but not terrible.
D'oh! So much for my assumption that they wouldn't come out until today. :lol: Hmm, that's kind of what I expected but looking at the other programs that were on, it wasn't too bad, even if a Bones rerun edged it out. I think the lack of advertising can take some of the blame along with the holiday. Next week is going to be really important, as you said. NBC better start with the damn promos and do it now.

Anyway, I watched it again and I still don't hate it so I think that's a good sign, especially since I expected this episode to be a total train wreck. Some issues I had were resolved in watching it again and paying more attention though there's still some things that could have used a bit of explaining. Makes it seem like this show is in desperate need of an extra couple of minutes for such things. How long until 30 minutes of a hour long show is commercials? Oh yeah! I don't recall seeing any Ford product/logo placement (not counting the Mustang) in this episode, so YAY! For that. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:24 am

What I really liked about the way they handled the music on this episode was there were moments they didn't play the music at all, giving us better focus on what was being played out on scene. Knight Fever carried the right kind of balance between the music score and silence!!

Are they listening?? I think so :wink:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:32 pm

I have to say, I wasnt overly impressed with it. I get the impression that because we've been without our KR fix for a few weeks we're almost happy with anything.

Don't get me wrong here, I still like the new show and it was good to see ALL characters involved but I think there have been stronger episodes so far in terms of feeling like TOS.

I do agree it makes a nice run up into the retooling from next week and I hear there's a lot more of the history coming into play over the next 3 episodes so that might explain a few of the loose ends between now and TOS.

Why would Arrow congratulate Graimen on creating an AI now when he was supposed to have been involved with Wilton Knight's "miracle car" back in the early 80s (whether thats KITT or KARR) so he has experience of it already...

They need to stay away from Ki3t getting damaged each episode though because it's just taking away the impact of it. Can the fans who are now in their late 20s-early 30s remember the impact it had when Kitt was damaged in each season premiere, Goliath had a great impact because we'd never seen Kitt vulnerable before and that lended itself to the growth of the character.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:20 pm

neps wrote:Preview for next week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3lrbnd_yQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was at an event in times square, haven't had the chance to watch yet! bad neil!
Nice! :good:

You did'nt happen to grab this in HD did you? nudge,nudge :)

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 pm

I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't great, and I'm not sure I like it being so much sci-fi, but really, I don't have any real complains about it, so that's already a big difference from the previous two episodes.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:02 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:I have to say, I wasnt overly impressed with it. I get the impression that because we've been without our KR fix for a few weeks we're almost happy with anything.

Don't get me wrong here, I still like the new show and it was good to see ALL characters involved but I think there have been stronger episodes so far in terms of feeling like TOS.

I do agree it makes a nice run up into the retooling from next week and I hear there's a lot more of the history coming into play over the next 3 episodes so that might explain a few of the loose ends between now and TOS.

Why would Arrow congratulate Graimen on creating an AI now when he was supposed to have been involved with Wilton Knight's "miracle car" back in the early 80s (whether thats KITT or KARR) so he has experience of it already...

They need to stay away from Ki3t getting damaged each episode though because it's just taking away the impact of it. Can the fans who are now in their late 20s-early 30s remember the impact it had when Kitt was damaged in each season premiere, Goliath had a great impact because we'd never seen Kitt vulnerable before and that lended itself to the growth of the character.
I agree, in TOS there was impact when KITT was damaged, in the new series it's already getting to be old hat. I agree also with the Arrow/Graiman thing and maybe it's just much I didn't care for the last two episodes were before it and the very low expectations I had for this one. I'm sure that if I took the time I could rip it to shreds but I'm pretty tired of ranting and rambling on and on and on. Plus it doesn't matter, what matters is how the next eight episodes are. Hopefully they're better written at the very least.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:14 pm

At the 13th minute of the episode Alex asks,"Who authorides Kitt's departure?" instead of,
Who authorised Kitt's departure."

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:20 pm

KI2T was by no means perfect, and neither is KI3T. I applaud them on the scenarios that KI3T experiences vulnerability. Hey, remember how easy it was to hack into KI2T in season two? PATHETIC!! Quit complaining on a story that shows a worthy advisary!

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Knight Racer wrote:At the 13th minute of the episode Alex asks,"Who authorides Kitt's departure?" instead of,
Does it really matter? So he made a speech error...big deal. I don't think very many people noticed it.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:39 pm

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:
Knight Racer wrote:At the 13th minute of the episode Alex asks,"Who authorides Kitt's departure?" instead of,
Does it really matter? So he made a speech error...big deal. I don't think very many people noticed it.
I agree in this case this is nothing more than useless nitpicking...

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:13 pm

i actually enjoyed the show and heck i'm growing attached to the new KITT i felt a tear swell up when he said michael i don't want to die...:( lol...i know huge knerd

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Overall I was pretty impressed with this episode (well done guys). It had more a feel reminiscent of that of the original series plus action shots and footage that flowed. I also noticed a lot of the dialogue that was used by Sarah and Michael were also used in the original series. e.g ' I have a hunch' very Michael Knight turn. 'I guess this is goodbye Michael', 'partner' . Michael and Kit almost played up to the Butch and Sundance comedy from the original.

Tores also gives mention to issues that might affect people when catching a virus like 'having a metal plate in ones head'- sneaky reference to Michael Long\ Michael Knight there I feel

This episode seems to portay more character growth.

I almost expected to see a 'Lost Knight' type scene at one point. Even the scenery and camera shots on KITT has more of an original show feel to it. I liked it (note: no emphasised product placement to be seen)

Points that I would like to see: -

1)Don Peake inspired music or new artist to re iterate the action sequences throughout the episodes

Still cannot get used to the New Attack mode. I have tried to keep an open mind for so long now, but it just does not create the KITT factor for me. If I had to change 3 parts it would be the front mesh grille, Dragster style wheels and the rear spoiler to make it more understated. The pilot attack car was almost there for me

2) The interior needs more gadgetry. I even looked at my Mustang and figured a way to alter it without dramatically altering or ripping the dashboard apart. (Sadly I am not very good at photoshop otherwise I would draw an impression). Use the dials and create a digital gauge (ala Pilot episode). Take the passenger side dash and cut a rectangular shaped strip out of it and insert a black perspex shelf that could house the buttons, dials RPM gauge in homage to the style of the original KI2T (mix the new technology and the old together= end product)

I know that this point is now an unlikely expectation for this series. However, if we are futunate enough for NBC to give us a Season 2 then maybe we will see a new dash in Kitt (Mustang 2010) comprising of a complete array of features

3) Use Buttons instead of voice activation for Turbo Boost (not used in this episode) Could also use a mixture of both technology. I remember in the original series when both buttons and voice technology were used to activate Turbo Boost e.g Knight of the Phoenix, Kitt Versus Karr etc

I must re iterate that I really enjoyed this episode which leads me on to my next point. If this were originally intended to be episode 2 of the new series then was there a large reel of footage shot inbetween episodes as I personally prefer this episode over all of those that I have seen before it :good: :wink: :D

Cannot wait to see what comes next. 'Let the magic begin'

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Why would Arrow congratulate Graimen on creating an AI now when he was supposed to have been involved with Wilton Knight's "miracle car" back in the early 80s (whether thats KITT or KARR) so he has experience of it already.
This is why I think whatever happened in the pilot has been pretty much ignored. It also feels like they've ignored TOS. No KITT, no KARR. Instead, Grainman worked on K4RR, the first full AI ever developed, and then put into the body of a Mustang. K4RR went awry so Graiman had to make KI3T instead.

Sylvie_Sarah
Stranger

Post by Sylvie_Sarah » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:24 pm

It is Great is Exciting and i cant wait to see the nexst Episodes i Love the way Kitt Killed Micheals Rivale good Job K.I.T.T :) We Will See what the nexst episodes will bring us best serie i know :)

Sylvie :kitt: :karr: :kitt:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Why is there a 4 in the new KARR again?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:32 pm

You know, I've had a question forming in my head for a while now about the "interior gadgetry". We saw KITT tricked out to the wazoo with every bell and whistle you could think of, but TKR and now KI3T, have gone to the understated route. Why do you suppose that is? have the producers even looked at possible ways to augment KI3T's dash? Is the technology just not there, and Glen A. larson was truly a pioneer? Did they simply decide that with all the advances in technology, they didn't need to "trick out" all the subsequent cars- that everything could be internalized? any thoughts, ideas, explinations, on the subject? And while we're on the subject- what are all the function's on KI3T's heads up display when he's in attack mode? I can't make it out.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:56 am

did any one notice that KI3T was much less monotonous....they seened to have retooled val kilmers voice to include expressions and emotions....notice wen KI3T says that ryan arrow and sarah dated for a few months and he was checking the date?
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:33 am

Attack mode at the start of this episode looked AWESOME! I think this is the first decent whole frame, mid-range shot we've seen of attack-mode Kitt screaming along the road, which lasted long enough to get a decent look at the car.

I have to admit, the attack mode has grown on me, although the front wheels look kinda goofy still, but I hope they keep attack mode in the re-boot. Just give some grunt so it actually means something in the plot lines.

I too noticed Kitt's voice seems much more human in this episode. He's using expression in his voice now. Maybe the "mono-tone guy" comment from last week got to him :lol:

One thing which stood out was when Mike was trying to drive the infected Kitt, Mike couldn't just push a button to switch to manual mode. Even in the opening sequence there was a big deal made of the fact that Mike had just taken over the driving from Kitt, and he had to tell kitt to let him drive... that doesn't feel right to me.

I did like the feel of Mike and Kitt being out in the field with the other guys back at base. That part of the show feels right.

All in all thought this wasn't a great episode.. pretty average really, but the show is starting to feel like it's heading in the right direction now.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:18 am

I just finished re-watching it on the NBC site. The weird thing is- it had no commercial interruptions. Just straight show. I had gotten used to the Target girl. :D

Question- Wouldn't the EMP knock out the computer running the anti-virus program on the Harley Davidson?

Jay, I just understood your reference to Knight of the Drones. That's what KITT said to Bonnie as he was being loaded onto the flat-bed. "Bonnie, is that you? It is dark. It must be nighttime?"

One more thing, Did anyone else get dizzy this episode? We had KITT rotating on the gyroscope with the background spinning and the while Sarah was dancing with Ryan Arrow the background was spinning. *giggle* Hold on to your cookies.

And I would have never thought that I would hear the day of "KITT-Shields Up".

I loved this episode it is right up there with Knight of the Hunter and Knight of the Living Dead for me. :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:38 am

Rockatteer wrote:I did like the feel of Mike and Kitt being out in the field with the other guys back at base. That part of the show feels right.
Yep, I certainly liked the part where Michael tells Torres to remember that HE is in charge of KITT. It's all been too silly and boring in previous episodes when Michael seemed like the trained chimp who operates KITT as per instruction from the SCC.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:38 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:And I would have never thought that I would hear the day of "KITT-Shields Up".
Yeah! :lol: I nearly died when I heard that. :lol:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Rockatteer wrote:
My_Friend_KITT wrote:And I would have never thought that I would hear the day of "KITT-Shields Up".
Yeah! :lol: I nearly died when I heard that. :lol:
Where did they got those shields from to begin with? Did the Asgard loaned them? :mrgreen:

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:14 pm

What is the "Asgard"?

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:25 pm

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:What is the "Asgard"?
It's a race of aliens from Stargate SG-1. They look like the stereotypical little grey humanoids with almond shaped eyes that you hear about in those alien abduction reports. In the show, the Asgard allied with the human race against several enemies and shared advanced weapon and energy technology with them before committing suicide to prevent their knowledge and technology from falling into the hands of a Borg-like race of self-replicating aliens.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks. It kinda sounds interesting. Nice joke!