ONLINE PETITION HITS 200!!!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ONLINE PETITION HITS 200!!!

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Hey everyone, first and foremost thank you all for your enthusiasm in getting the word out about our petition to save Knight Rider.

We have reached 200 signatures..we still have a long way to go before we submit it, but its making its way there.
Please keep up the great work.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Re: ONLINE PETITION HITS 200!!!

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Hey everyone, first and foremost thank you all for your enthusiasm in getting the word out about our petition to save Knight Rider.

We have reached 200 signatures..we still have a long way to go before we submit it, but its making its way there.
Please keep up the great work.

T
I'm #201!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 pm

While I was on set Paul Campbell told me he signed this petition. Here he is number 144. I also see Smith Cho signed it at number 141.

144 Mr Paul Campbell CA USA Dec 10, 2008
141 N/G smith cho ca USA Dec 09, 2008
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Sue wrote:While I was on set Paul Campbell told me he signed this petition. Here he is number 144. I also see Smith Cho signed it at number 141.

Coolest effing cast and crew ever!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Sue wrote:While I was on set Paul Campbell told me he signed this petition. Here he is number 144. I also see Smith Cho signed it at number 141.

That is awesome hopefully Justin and Deanna sign it aswell :) i also got my dad to sign it :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 am

Wow that is so cool!!..
Thanks Sue.
Are they cool people??
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:07 am

6 Signatures I would like to see on the petition.
If the following people signed it would give so much credibility to our petition effort.
Justin Bruening
Deanna Russo
Gary Scott Thompson
Val Kilmer
David Hasselhoff
William Daniels
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

K.R.O
Volunteer

Post by K.R.O » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:35 am

#209...but my guess would be we need a lot more to make an impact.
Prepare to neutralize

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:41 am

hello

I been away for a while and i am back
i singed the petition and i am number 215 so hope it works

so see you around

Jeremiah :good:

tosil
Volunteer

Post by tosil » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 am

Congratulations. You have successfully signed the petition:
Save Knight Rider.

You are signer #218 [?]
If KITT were human, we would be called, THE STIG.

nascarnut
Volunteer

Post by nascarnut » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:10 am

I'm #219!

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:24 am

Save Knight Rider.

You are signer #221 [?]

This petition was a cool idea, but I really wish it had been checked for spelling and grammar before being submitted. I wonder if NBC executives would take it seriously if they received it? Additionally, it makes me wonder how many people did not sign it due to these issues. I admit, I cringed to put my name on it...but it's for the greater good. (I'd rather watch Knight Rider than some new reality TV show.)
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:05 am

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Well, no offense but I'm not signing it because I do not agree with this statement:

"Secondly, the transformer and CGI effects weakened the credibility of the characters. To be blunt the fans want and action adventure series, not a transformers and CGI intensive show."

I do not feel that the CGI effects took anything from the show or the characters at all. In fact I think the CGI effects were a great addition to the show. I also love the transformations as well. So this is one fan that WANTS the transformations and CGI stuff to stay.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:39 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Well, no offense but I'm not signing it because I do not agree with this statement:

"Secondly, the transformer and CGI effects weakened the credibility of the characters. To be blunt the fans want and action adventure series, not a transformers and CGI intensive show."

Hey Fuzzie, No offense taken man, but can I just point out that the phrase you find offensive is not part of the petition. It is in fact part of the history, or the reason(s) leading up to the creation, of the document.

Had you actually read the petition portion of the document, and not only the history, you would find it represents to NBC the desire to prevent Knight Rider from cancellation, and nowhere in the actual petition do we make reference to CGI or Transformers.

The intent of the petition was and remains to show support for the series, in the hopes it will help prevent Knight Rider from being cancelled.

To clarify history from content, The petition itself reads as follows:
"To: Mr. Jeff Zucker, President and Chief Executive Officer, NBC Universal and any and all NBC Executive Officers,

RE: Knight Rider

We, the undersigned, ask that you reconsider the decision to reduce the number of episodes ordered for Knight Rider.

We feel that Knight Rider was, poorly received, partially due to the misrepresentations of the series to the viewing audience; however steps are being taken to correct these issues and increase the viewing audience and fan base of the series. We believe reducing the number of show from 22 to 17 will not allow the series a fair and reasonable opportunity to recover from failing ratings. It is our concern that this may cause a premature cancellation of the series, without giving the series a full and fair opportunity to fully recover.

Although The Nielsen system is outdated, and does not fairly represent the amount of people watching. We understand it is the industry standard for obtaining viewer interest in a particular television show. It is our sincerest hope that this petition will represent to you the commitment of the public in support of Knight Rider as a series.

NBC obviously believed in Knight Rider enough to order all 22 episodes. The series can be a viable resource for NBC if you allow the series to reboot and follow the path set in the 2008 movie. It is our belief that NBC has invested a considerable amount of capitol into producing the show, set cost, prop costs, salaries. Knight Rider is a viable product, if produced, marketed and delivered properly. We ask NBC to not allow a slow start and a poor economy cause a hasty decision that in the end will cost NBC money and viewers.

By affixing my signature below, I would respectfully ask NBC to favorably consider this petition, and reorder all 22 episodes of Knight Rider. I further request that all 22 episodes be aired prior to any decision to renew or terminate the show are made."

Now that being said…

I would be the first person to tell you if you do not want to sign a document because you do not believe in what it stands for, then by all means do not sign it. But to have you not sign because of a misunderstanding would be wrong. This petition is intended

If you still do not want to sign the petition, after proper review, that’s cool and no one will be mad at you. In fact I would commend you for taking a stand on something you believe in.

I would still ask you to pass the petition information on to at least 5 other people and let them decided if they want to sign it.

The document was created and intended to be representative of the comments, conversations and observations I have either been a party to or have observed on this site. If that did not correctly reflect your views, I am truly sorry. Am I forgiven?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:02 pm

No need to apologize, in fact I wasn't offended at all. Just in disagreement. I still feel that even if the description is not part of the petition, some (like me) might mistaken it as such anyway. It does not speak for me when you said "fans want". I'm a fan that is not in the same view point. And to me, that description would seem like a part of the petition since it's included with it and others will read it along with the petition.

As for the petition itself, I did read it. It's very well worded. But I also can see the circumstances that let NBC to the cuts, as well as other cuts they made to other shows. Since NBC has not canceled Knight Rider, and are in fact doing everything they can to put their best foot forward to give it a proverbial shot in the arm, I feel it would be a bit too premature for me to sign any petition, especially asking them to reorder episodes when they had to make financial cutbacks in a bad economy. I think we should give them a little time and see how things go. If it gets canceled, perhaps a petition addressing the cancellation would be something I'd be more inclined to sign.

I'm just one that will wait and see right now. I'm glad that despite all the cuts they made, they didn't cancel the show, and even if they cut some of their own staff, and had to cut back on some characters on the show, at least we have a Knight Rider and they seem to have plans for a Second Season. Far far from a cancellation.

Knight Rider isn't the only show that is going through these cuts.

As for sending it on to 5 friends, I'm going to go one better and give the address and mention of it in the next podcast which I hope to be getting done sometime this weekend (for release sometime next week). That podcast is going to be the Holiday one. :) So I'm going to mention it in there and then let our listeners go on and review the petition if they wish. I'm also mentioning other ways fans can help the cause. I guess that'll be my contribution to helping keep KR on the air. :)

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Every little bit helps!! Happy Holidays..
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:40 pm

My dad just signed :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:41 am

The online petition is at 383 signatures and growing!!
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:15 am

I signed the petition!

Save Knight Rider.

You are signer #386
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:48 pm

To really get this petition going it ought to be available to be signed at Knight Rider Festival event in Las Vegas. I signed it earlier but can't remember what my exact number was exactly. Somewhere in the 190's I believe.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:22 pm

That is a great IDea.. who can we ask to print the petition and present it there in Vegas?
If need be I can reformat the petition to include signature lines.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Up to # 403 :mrgreen:

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:56 pm

First off- Happy New Year to all.

Secondly- we're up to 638.

Let's hope we can do it.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:05 pm

i signed from germany. hope it helps :wink:

i´m #240 :good:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY