LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Well, I liked it- a lot more than I thought i would. lots of good stunt work, We finally got to see KI3T use his pulse cannon- (more of that, please) and EVERYBODY had something to do in this. The more I see of Charles and Carrie, the more I'm going to miss them. KARR was mentioned- apparently Billy and Zoe know about it- and Torres is acting hinky. I was a little unclear at whether or nor Ryan Arrow was on the straight and narrow, or not- I thought he'd be the big bad in this. I do have one nitpick though, and that's KI3T's "Voice" it sounded rather obviously like Val Kilmer's voice was inserted after the fact, and didn't sound "natural" They really need to work on that. Not my favorite episode, I think The showdown with KARR will do that- by the way, that was the first time I actually saw the footage of KARR, y'know, move, and I'm really psyched for that episode.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Lexicon wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:I really want to know why it was held back for such a crummy time now.....
It looks like they may have retooled the episode to slide it in after the KARR reveal in Knight Of The Living Dead.
Possibly, especially with the KARR reference. Still, I think it was good enough to not air on such a crappy night. They should have put I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight or Knight of the Zodiac here. But yeah, it could just be used at a lead in to the transition episodes that start next week.

That preview was pretty good too.

EDIT:
The Knight Writers Blog has been updated: http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Need to read it but it seems like it gives a bit of insight into Knight Fever...
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:21 pm

is someone gonna upload the previews for next week :( ?
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:24 pm

I think we need to get the word out to all the people that don't watch the show for next week. I'd imagine it'll be a good jumping on point for new viewers.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 pm

I think the producers have brought the spirt of the Knight Rider into the new series.

Knight Fever was by far the best episode todate, and if this is any indication of the shows direction with the reboot, I see no reason NBC should not sign them up for a second season.

WAY TO GO KNIGHT RIDER,Cast,Writers,Producers and Staff.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

The petition to save Knight Rder has 564 signatures. I once again ask that everyone sign it,forward it to 5 friends and ask themn to do the same.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:13 pm

I wonder what NBC expects from the ratings seeing as it is New Year's Eve..........Also, what did Charles mean when he said to Ryan Arrow about KITT's '"original prototype'"? KITT (K2000) or KARR(KARR(E))?

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:23 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:I wonder what NBC expects from the ratings seeing as it is New Year's Eve..........Also, what did Charles mean when he said to Ryan Arrow about KITT's '"original prototype'"? KITT (K2000) or KARR(KARR(E))?
Technically, "Original Prototype" would be KARR (80s KARR). K2000 would be the prototype of the K3000. The "original" prototype would be the one before that, if we're going by the meaning of the English language.

Unless this new KARR is not the same AI from the 80s, in which case the "original prototype" would be KI2T.

But I don't think the showmakers are being that careful with the English language....

As for the episode, it's better, but still terrible as far as I'm concerned. And trying to make Zoe seem serious ("KARR Lives!") doesn't work. First, I don't think she's a good actress by any means. No offense to her, but she doesn't come across as believeable at all, and her frequent "act like an airhead" bit doesn't help her either. The virus, like the transformations and all the other crap in the show, was too farfetched. But it would have been easier for me to swollow if we didn't actually see the damn thing (I could only roll my eyes to that, it was so cheesy). It's too sci fi for Knight Rider. I'd expect to see that in Stargate, not KR, which has typically been more down-to-earth.

And I'm still sick of all this crappy new music inserted into the show instead of a real score. In a bar or someplace that would be playing music? That's fine. But outside of that? Produce a real score. It would help make things feel less cheesy/commercial, more meaningful.

Overall, though, it was a lot better than the earlier episodes, but I can't really say it was "good" to me, just better.

The retooling can't come soon enough.
One man can make a difference....

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:33 pm

What was the purpose of that pointless sparring scene between Ravai and Sarah?

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:I wonder what NBC expects from the ratings seeing as it is New Year's Eve..........Also, what did Charles mean when he said to Ryan Arrow about KITT's '"original prototype'"? KITT (K2000) or KARR(KARR(E))?
The prototype referenced in the episode IS the KARR you will be seeing in the upcoming episode which probably has no connection to the 80's KARR apart from the name.

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:What was the purpose of that pointless sparring scene between Ravai and Sarah?
To show us a "catfight." :roll:

Again, the show continues to appeal to 12 year olds.
One man can make a difference....

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:What was the purpose of that pointless sparring scene between Ravai and Sarah?
Plotwise, it was to show that Sarah is training to become a more useful member of the team instead of just another brain with a nice butt. If you read some of the supplementary material, you can see references that Sarah is getting combat training, and that was a small glimpse of that training. It also served to lead in the T&A bit. It's a standard GST trademark that was used in Las Vegas to a great degree.

dcpan
Volunteer

Post by dcpan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:48 am

First impressions:

The good->
1. Good pace
2. I like how there was a change of pace where someone times it was just Michael and Kitt driving, the second time with Sarah
3. More gadgets on Kitt
4. Billy and Zoe actually knowing something was up.

The bad->
1. Large semi for transporting such a small vial?
2. Why would Michael leave KITT's car door open if the virus can hop around? I was half expecting the virus to latch onto that ejecting can of pop to infect KITT.
3. Why would they bring KITT back to the KITT Cave if he's potentially infected?

All in all though, I liked it! :D

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 am

Wow this episode was good! Too bad it was hidden on New Years. I read the Knight Writers blog after seeing it so I didn't know to listen carefully to KITT's dialog but it sure sounded seamless to me. The VFX were good too. I was worried there would be a lot of bad green screen because it was an earlier episode, but even that wasn't really a problem. The virus looked great! We also finally got to see the semi that was showed to us at comic con.. That was cool too.
Good Job everyone looking forward to more. :good:
Happy New Year!!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:11 am

I just got home and watched it. And Wow!!! I loved it. It had intensity, character developement, a little sci-fi, and that countdown clock that we get every week.

That was wonderful... :D Looking forward to many more like it.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:18 am

Super episode! I think it's the best for me of all the 9! Absolutely loved it! :) Can't wait for next episode!

Knight-industry-2008
Recruit

Post by Knight-industry-2008 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:39 am

they using the KR plate in this full episode that's original coming back in the series

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:12 am

Anybody catch the reference to Michael Long? When Charles was describing the virus, he said how it could affect people with pacemakers "or metal plates in their head".... :)

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:21 am

I thought is by far the best episode to date. Especially when KITT blew up the house and would not respond to the command center. For example, in Killer KITT when then KITT was taken over by the hacker and tried to kill Michael sr.

:kitt: :karr: :good: :good: :mrgreen:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:34 am

Preview for next week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3lrbnd_yQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was at an event in times square, haven't had the chance to watch yet! bad neil!

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:40 am

Anyone notice the house,the desert scene with the powerlines kinda looked familar from the orignal series.The road with the powerlines looked to be the same road they used in the episode lost knight and the house looked alot like the house micheal had in k2000.

Travis

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:59 am

TurbomanKnight wrote:Pretty good ep. But what's been stuck in my head was how KITT started peeling out in the desert right before they blew that powerline to crap. How is there tire squeel if it's on sand?
Actually, this happened a lot on Dukes of Hazzard. Almost 90% of the roads in Hazzard County were dirt, and the General Lee would squeal tires everytime. I often wondered if it was some sort of "in-jokes" like in the movie Airplane, where they would show the jet from the outside but you hear a prop plane sound. Anyway, Happy New Year Everyone. This episode rocked, it truly felt like an episode of Knight Rider.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:19 am

TravisKnight01 wrote:Anyone notice the house,the desert scene with the powerlines kinda looked familar from the orignal series.The road with the powerlines looked to be the same road they used in the episode lost knight and the house looked alot like the house micheal had in k2000.

Travis
Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed that. I watched the episode Lost Knight the other night. When I saw the road and powerlines the same thought that went through my head.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:19 am

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but if you go on Knight Writers they explain how this was supposed to be the 2nd episode to air, and it was the 2nd one they filmed, but they rescheduled it for later, and therefore had to replace KITT's voice/lines in most of the script.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:42 am

I enjoyed the episode. I wasn't wasn't perfect but then nothing is. The virus idea wasn't bad. The opening was very good and exciting. It was a bit rushed. We didn't get a indepth explaination as to how the virus worked and how it traveled. I thought it was destroyed when KITT blew up the phone. That's not anyone's fault just an episode length issue. I did like it and thought it was well done. Not bad at all.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:55 am

I made everyone at our New Years party watch it :). It was a great episode with a more interesting plot twist than in previous episodes.

I just can't believe the used that pop machine shot in it though. Somebody watched transformers way to many times!!! Be original!!!! I mean have the pay phone shoot quarters, The air hose act like a snake, The automatic ice machine kick out bags of ice! Anything but what Transformers did!!! They are treading on thin ice with this already :).

What was up with Arrow having to go back in the house? I know it gets rid of him but I don't like the fact that KITT was responsible. Even back in the day with Killer KITT, and in all the other original episodes where KITT is controlled by another source he never killed anybody :(. I guess it's just more violence for this day and age. Sad. :(

Now the KITTCAVE killing the three gonners anyways I was fine with. It's only fitting that they be the demise of there own doing with the government nano technology they created but if KARR does it I guess I can wait :). I hated to see Graiman go but the other two can be ran over by KITT accidentally in a field test all I care :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2: