email nbc and complain

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ianruk
Rookie

email nbc and complain

Post by ianruk » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:15 pm

http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

email nbc and complain about the lack of effort to advertise knight rider and blame them for the low ratings

hell if u want send in loads of different emails from different names and stuff lol
make them feel guilty

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: email nbc and complain

Post by whet » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:17 am

Well it;s worth a go, thing is NBC is a big concern I wonder if it will fall on deaf ears?
Still i have just given them a peice of my mind on the new series I can tell you.

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:05 am

maybe they are saving their money for advertising transformers the series

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:19 am

Or they just flat out don't care!

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:23 am

prob the latter :-(
It should be promo with the old KR theme & the new KI3T blasting through walls, cops, car chasing etc....

COME ON NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**When KR was on in the 80's what Network was it on??

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 am

Mike K wrote:prob the latter :-(
It should be promo with the old KR theme & the new KI3T blasting through walls, cops, car chasing etc....

COME ON NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KR: TOS was on NBC as well.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 pm

I just feel that NBC want this series to fail.
It all seems to point at that.

Lets hope I'm wrong and the promote it after next week when epiode 10 is coming up..

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:14 pm

NBC confuses me to no end as it stands.

Apparently it fought at least a bit to keep Knight Rider while it canceled three other shows. This requires them to put more effort and focus on the few shows remaining, Knight Rider being one of them.

Now, with the other existing shows in hiatus and Knight Rider being the only show returning off of hiatus, I would assume they would try to at least show ONE promo or teaser to keep constant viewers. It makes perfect business-oriented sense.

Either there are tremors occurring at NBC studios under the radar we don't know about- or someone over there doesn't know how to run good television business (regardless of the show).

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:35 pm

This is pure speculation on my part since I have not seen any contracts but I think the reason why KR is still around is b/c of the deal b/w NBC and Ford. If I were Ford Motor Co. I would contract with NBC that the cars and advertising appear on the show for at least one season with future season renewals up for negotiation. With the condition that If the show gets canceled prior to one season then compensation will be paid by NBC. It may be cheaper for NBC to just bite the bullet and let the series ride out a little longer to fulfill a contractual obligation with Ford. Which would explain why they aren't really giving it an advertising push. Like I said, all speculation on my part. But KR is a unique show b/c of the business arrangement b/w NBC and Ford so I think the issues extend far beyond ratings.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:43 pm

That theory sounds plausible...However, what happened with the show "My Own Worst Enemy" that was using the Camero I believe. Now that I think of it maybe that is why they are using your theory. Just ride it out instead of having to pay the fee. They may have already had to pay GM.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Like I said before, NBC is just airing Knight Fever to get it out of the way. They probably won't do any promotion until next week, if that. They might wait episode 12 is going to air so if we don't see any promotion/advertising by then, then it's time to get worried because chances are it means NBC has given up on the show.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Maybe...they are waiting for the reboot to happen, then NBC will advertise again. People on the net are saying Knight Fever is REALLY bad (I'm keeping an open mind about it til I see it).

I really think once Knight Fever passes, advertising will start up again. NBC has to-- with the episodes that will be coming, I think it would be a poor choice not to promote the series.

-krfan1

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:48 am

I'm beginning to feel that NBC isn't caring anymore... :( But I hope they prove me wrong.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:30 am

When you go to the link given by the OP, and try their drop-down box, it doesn't even list Knight Rider as one of the shows! I found that interesting. Maybe it's not listed because it's not back on the air yet? But even that didn't make too much sense as it wasn't off air too long...

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Seriously, they still haven't aired anything yet?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:57 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:Seriously, they still haven't aired anything yet?
Yep...they haven't aired anything since Knight of the Zodiac, but they will air Knight Fever at 8pm New Year's Eve!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:23 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
KnightINSTINCT wrote:Seriously, they still haven't aired anything yet?
Yep...they haven't aired anything since Knight of the Zodiac, but they will air Knight Fever at 8pm New Year's Eve!
i'm gonna find it funny...and kinda really sad...if Knight Fever is the best episode yet and they did nothing to promote it and lose all the new viewers who might have found a teaser appealing watched something else and the raitings take another drop.

and you know what else is funny? I'm pretty sure that everyone 0n this forum...bashers and lovers.....will be watching the new episode on new years eve just for something new to talk/rant/rave/bitch/criticize/bash/rejoice/chit-chat/converse about.....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:24 am

Of course we'll be watching it. Do you really think that they'd hold off airing this episode for so long (with it repeatedly pushed back) if it wasn't a mess? Like I said, it was the second episode shot, yet it's the last one of the initial nine. Maybe they wanted to put some space between the A Hard Day's Knight since, from what we know it's a little similar but this is ridiculous. If it was good and they thought it to be, they wouldn't be airing it New Year's Eve with zero promotion.

So yeah, I'm keeping my expectations very low that maybe it'll surprise me, but I'm also glad we're finally getting a new episode.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:and you know what else is funny? I'm pretty sure that everyone 0n this forum...bashers and lovers.....will be watching the new episode on new years eve just for something new to talk/rant/rave/bitch/criticize/bash/rejoice/chit-chat/converse about.....
Yep everyone loves a train-wreck :lol:

Hopefully with these later episodes, we might start to see a few little changes creeping in as where getting to the episodes which where filmed while our love/hate discussions have been rolling, so we might start to see if anyone is actually listening to us from now onwards.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:29 pm

whet wrote:Or they just flat out don't care!
It does not surprise me at all! NBC has never, ever cared for any Science fiction show under their wing. Look at what happened to the their former show Surface which is just their most recent Scifi victim not counting their axing of all of USA NETWORKS scifi programming as well.

If it were up to them TV's only choices would be sitcoms and cheaply made reality shows... :x

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:00 am

That was the 80s and NBC was family like. Today everybody wants to make fast money, thats the meanproblem :roll:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:02 am

To stay optimistic, I'm going to try and think that the cause for the issues with NBC reaches to its roots. I can't imagine a network that is trying to steady itself after tremendous layoffs giving much attention initially to a new show. I just find that a bit unrealistic. Yes, they SHOULD be putting more effort into the new shows and allowing them to become established. That goes without saying. But, hopefully, the lack of interest is a consequence of the problems going on within the network and not their lack of effort for Knight Rider overall.