SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 pm

Yay for Peter Cullen.... this is definitely a year of the Cullens *cough*twilight*cough* :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:08 am

Rickrolls might not be cool, but KITTrolls are always 1337! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ePdb5636c
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:25 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:You're over a year too late with the whole Rick Roll thing, it's not the least bit funny anymore. Though if you took the video segment from the MKF video as an opening for it and then had it go into a Rick Roll then maybe it would be worth a chuckle. But either way, you don't need to keep posting that link, once as more than enough.
Youre kidding right? ...........Rick Astley is a musical genius :roll:

Click here for the real KItt vs Karr sneak preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7F9VcMpdUA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:57 am

Man, what did I tell you guys who have been reading this thread? I was right! *knightINSTINCT pats himself on the back* I knew KARR was going to use KITT's programming in some way to assimilate the Mustang shell.

As Homer Simpson once chanted: I AM SO SMART! I AM SO SMART! I AM SO SMART!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:22 am

weeezl wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:You're over a year too late with the whole Rick Roll thing, it's not the least bit funny anymore. Though if you took the video segment from the MKF video as an opening for it and then had it go into a Rick Roll then maybe it would be worth a chuckle. But either way, you don't need to keep posting that link, once as more than enough.

Click here for the real KItt vs Karr sneak preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7F9VcMpdUA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
right on dude :good: rick astley is awesome i cant wait to see peter cullen as Karr
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:03 am

weeezl wrote:

I'm not dissing Rick Astley nor his white boy shuffle. The Rick'Roll fad though has been driven so far into the ground that it's traveled through the core and is about to come out of the opposite end of Earth from where it started. Though I could assume the eye rolling is meant for sarcasm. >_> Either way, Rick'Rolling sucks now when it's just the video without a proper opening to continue to lead people to believe it's not a RR until it's too late. Like the whole screamer fad from awhile back. It's much more effective when it's not something that starts right off the bat, it needs a proper misdirect.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:16 am

Okay, Popculture has not been my thing. What is the Rick Rolled thing and how is it significant?

I liked the song Weezl posted :) But what am I looking for?
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:54 am

CJaguar442 wrote:Heres a sneek peek of kitt vs karr
http://tinyurl.com/KITTvsKARR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (WARNING: Rick Roll ahead :roll: )
i did not put this warning the mods did
Save the Clocktower!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:19 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
weeezl wrote:

I'm not dissing Rick Astley nor his white boy shuffle. The Rick'Roll fad though has been driven so far into the ground that it's traveled through the core and is about to come out of the opposite end of Earth from where it started. Though I could assume the eye rolling is meant for sarcasm. >_> Either way, Rick'Rolling sucks now when it's just the video without a proper opening to continue to lead people to believe it's not a RR until it's too late. Like the whole screamer fad from awhile back. It's much more effective when it's not something that starts right off the bat, it needs a proper misdirect.
:D I hope you did'nt think I was being serious.

I even remember getting bought Never gonna give you up on 7" vinyl, years ago by my Mother,it was way up on the list of worst ever presents, I hated it.

See the thing is when your a kid, that kind of thing scars you for life :evil: it gives you nightmares , many, many times after being Rick R'd Ive woke up in the middle of the night screaming :lol:

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:45 am

Anybody see the Thanksgiving Day Parade this year?? Rick Astley made an appearance lip syncing real bad. It was fun and yes everyvbody knew the words! lol

I am so glad Peter Cullen is voicing KARR. Even if this KARR ends up not being the original KARR it will still be awesome to hear Peter Cullen as the evil KARR once more. Also this gives a perfect window to have KI2T come back and save the day.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:55 am

Yes, I did Rick Astley was on the Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends parade float. That was funny.
The 80s will never die!!!! No matter how much gangster rap trash you shove on us, we shove it right back at you.

here is a link for http://www.viddler.com/explore/RickRoll/videos/14/
Save the Clocktower!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:22 am

CJaguar442 wrote:Yes, I did Rick Astley was on the Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends parade float. That was funny.
The 80s will never die!!!! No matter how much gangster rap trash you shove on us, we shove it right back at you.

here is a link for http://www.viddler.com/explore/RickRoll/videos/14/
uuuh, yeah cheers for putting up that link mate :roll: I knew what it was yet I still watched it, I must be mad :D

Im with ya on 80's music though, it was the best!

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTMaANlZrtI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i made this 8 months ago!!!

kitt vs karr!!!!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:12 am

I can't wait to see KARR as it is and now I'm completely elated that Peter Cullen is returning as KARR! I been wanting this to happen for a long time now. The KARR episode is gonna ROCK! I hope that KARR will have a recurring role, too... not get killed off. But we'll see!

I'm just so very glad to see KARR come back in some form and Peter Cullen voicing him. Perfect! :)

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:26 am

Especially since Peter Cullen is older which will give KARR some age to him. It is flipping awesome I got all of my DVR's (3) taping Knight Rider just incase one of them decides to fail which has happened already HAHAHAA

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:27 am

maybe KARR will become like Murdoc he never dies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0t29VMq9gk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Save the Clocktower!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 am

:D

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Three seconds, are you friggin high. Make the clip at least a minute.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:00 pm

neps wrote:Here is the news that alot were wondering - Peter Cullen is official!

viewtopic.php?f=1048&t=13211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've gotta say it's the best news in ages that Peter Cullen is going to contribute to the new Knight Rider, the man's voice is fantastic and so iconic. He'll instantly add credibility and gravitas to KARR's character from the first moment he'll speak for both new KR fans and old KR fans who remember his KARR (or are fans of his other work). I'm glad he was interested in revisiting the character. I like the new Knight Rider and it's potential so I was already looking forwards to it but this makes me even more interested in the upcoming KARR stuff, ofcourse partially as an old fan since he's doing KARR again and since he's one of my favorite voice actors, but also because the well-known "tone" of his voice should add immediate "weight" to the sound of KARR in the new series and it makes me even more confident that the KARR scenes have the potential to be strong.

Thanks for the news!

I was so unsure about whether or not they'd actually be able to get him if they wanted to, let alone even how interested they were in doing so, or even how thoroughly they were approaching him to reprise his role so it's like a dream come true that they actually got him, talk about a major coup for a series in it's infancy, I hope they can make it payoff and get this show jump started again to make a big push for a second season with the "reboot" this kicks off in the second half of the season.

Jimdlux
Stranger

Post by Jimdlux » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Where I agree that a newer Tran-Am or a reasonable facsimile would have been preferable for K.I.T.T., I don't really have a problem with K.A.R.R. being an actual robot. I had trouble getting my head around K.A.R.R. being a car just like K.I.T.T. in the original series. I mean K.I.T.T. stood for Knight Industries Two Thousand and K.A.R.R. stood for Knight Armored Rolling Robot. I mean they just about had the same capabilities, so technically K.I.T.T. was a "Rolling Robot" as well, he was also "Armored". So even though the "versus" episodes from the original series were my favorite, the name thing always struck a nerve.

Personally, I like the new series. It was set in stone that this wasn't a retelling of original, but a continuation. The new "Mike" is OK and I like the fact that there is a HQ now instead of a truck that defied time and space, gives it more believability (Plus, hot Asian chick very nice). I thought it was cool that David Hasselhoff was in the premiere and it was suggested that he might even be in the series. I think it would have been cooler if the original K.I.T.T. made cameo in the premiere, but I guess we can't have everything.

I like the new series and hope it keeps going!!!

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Actually, KARR stood for "Knight Automated Roving Robot".

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 pm

What if KARR's attack mode is the robot mode.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:04 pm

arhskr81 wrote:What if KARR's attack mode is the robot mode.
hmmmmmmm :wink:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:00 am

Again, KITT and KARR were are the acronyms for the AI units, the car itself was the Knight 2000 for both of them. I could find it perfectly acceptable that KARR's origin wasn't something where he was designed from the start to be place in the car but came to life elsewhere maybe he was a "roving robot" that was integrated originally in some unmanned military vehicle built by Knight Industries where self preservation would be required, so the KARR name would fit but then the project was dropped and Wilton took the AI and put it in the car. Just as it's establish KITT first came online in a Washington D.C. Mainframe. I'd assume it was maybe for the Pentagon but without any sort of body he just had a name reflecting his brain/CPU containing 2000 series circuitry, created by Knight Industries and thus the Knight Industries Two-Thousand name.

I've wondered whether that was the AI itself or just the CPU/brain with the code added later but probably not as both of them probably had past "lives" where it would still fit with KARR originally going to the military and KITT to that mainframe where those directives would have been key in what they were originally designed for.

Plus, I'm sure Knight Industries did more than just build the planes that Wilton designed and I never imagined it was commercial jetliners he was building and I doubt Tania and company would have been interested in stealing his designs if that were the case. So sure there's some history with the government there that this could easily be explained and tied in. I thought the Knight Foundation and FLAG was Wilton's way of "giving back", maybe even atone for whatever harm might have come from what he'd produced over the years.

There's so much stuff that's left open that could be expanded upon and filled in and fit just fine without any real conflict. There really isn't any reason to change or alter the established history of the original if this is still going to be a continuation. They don't need to get too heavy into it at the start but it should be there enough to pique the interest of those who haven't seen the original and get them to want to check it out. NBC should put select episodes of the original on Hulu and advertise the new boxset.. They could do so much better in exploiting the property in a proper manner but it seems like NBC isn't interested in putting in that effort or they just don't know how, even though it's quite simple. KARR should be tied with the original, make it that the KARR project was restarted by the military/DoD and throw in a few direct references to the original and most everyone is happy.

Just as there's the "KITT project" as it's called in this series where clearly the government is in control, there could be a "KARR project" which started in the late 70s/early 80s that was brought back in a similar fashion. Simple and they don't have to be the same AI, they can save the original KARR for later as long as it's mentioned, not ignored or flat out treated like KARR didn't exist until this new one. Then NBCU could advertise during the show (or even during it with a widget at the bottom of the screen) to check Hulu or NBC.com after the show to see where it all came from (well, sort of) with Trust Doesn't Rust and KITT vs KARR being up on the site. Hell, do it the week before the KARR episode to help generate interest IN the new KARR.

The powers that be need to embrace the original and create some synergy in making them work off each other in a way that brings in fans of the original to the new show and also bring fans of the new show into TOS and buying those box sets. This isn't one of those easier said than done things, it's one of those obvious things that anyone with sense in that company should realize. Unless there's a 800 pound blue, oval shaped gorilla in the room that's preventing it from happening, it's just an opportunity for a TV property that NBCU flat out owns that's being totally missed.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:59 am

Actually there is an excellent fan-fic based on that very subject... about how KARR and KITT came to life and for what purpose. It's called "KNIGHT CRONICLES -Ascent of the Scorpion-". Don't know who wrote it... but it is an excellent read!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!