something to think about

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MikeLutton
Operative

something to think about

Post by MikeLutton » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:39 pm

hey i just thought of this if they turned karr in to a big robot just think what they do to goliath and garth knight if they decide to bring him back something to think about :kitt: :dash:

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: something to think about

Post by whet » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Sorry but the show won't last that long, but it would be good if they could lhave lasted that long to do that.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 pm

There won't be any Goliath or Garth. KARR is the closest the show will ever come to a Goliath. In fact, I'd say the current KARR is an amalgamation of the two concepts of KARR and Goliath, if you look at it from a certain point of view.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:15 pm

whet wrote:Sorry but the show won't last that long, but it would be good if they could lhave lasted that long to do that.
Here's something to think about: the show is going to last longer than you are, whet, if you get my drift.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:
whet wrote:Sorry but the show won't last that long, but it would be good if they could lhave lasted that long to do that.
Here's something to think about: the show is going to last longer than you are, whet, if you get my drift.

Here's a better thought, Michael: this show outlasting all the pointless arguments over it.

ANYWAYS...

From what i've seen on the new version of KARR, it seems fairly impressive. Keep this in mind, though: Garthe and Goliath died when Garthe drove straight over a cliff into the ocean, however far down it was. I don't think they'll be coming back unless Garthe had a son we didn't know about. Goliath, though? Well, he didn't have an AI, though he was supposed to have KI2T's AI and neural processes transplanted into him, so they may take that piece of information and go with something like that. *shrugs* It's hard to tell. :?
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:49 am

Think about it...In Trust Doesn't Rust, we, as well as Micheal and KITT, saw KARR make the very same nose dive off a cliff. Yet in KITT vs KARR, he is dug up in practically perfect condition but a little more angry.

I can see the idea of a Goliath return. (It would be one heck of a dig. No, just kidding.) Protected by the MBS, Goliath can survive the fall. After seeing that video from Linex, I'm a believer in the large behemoth being around here somewhere.

As per Garthe, he's as old as Micheal Knight Sr, if he survived the fall. I agree with the idea of an offspring of his continuing his/her 's father's legacy. The child may even have Adrian Margaux (don't know the spelling) as a mother.
Talk about evil.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:33 am

I must have missed something... When did Goliath get some of KITT's AI?

And if KARR survived the cliff fall (trust doesn't rust), pretty sure a behemoth like Goliath survived.

I could see the concept of Garth's son being raised to hate FLAG and Michael Knight sr.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:49 am

Don't be a pessimist!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:08 am

Vegasmike wrote:I must have missed something... When did Goliath get some of KITT's AI?
He didn't get the AI just the MBS

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:29 am

No, I said Goliath was supposed to have KITT's AI transplanted into him. When they (Garthe and his cronies) had captured KITT and were trying to take him apart? It's that episode. As far as an AI, he never had one, just the shell. Sorry if I didn't state that quite clearly. :)
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:48 am

*IF* Goliath were to make any appearance in a potential Season 2, I doubt it would again be the same Goliath from the original series.

It would be an up to date "re-realisation" of the concept of Goliath.

and seeing what they've done to KARR, the mind truly boggles about what they'd do with Goliath...

:shock:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:15 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:
Do you know something I don't, the Dr's not said anything to me?
Are you pickiing on me agian?

Don't get me wrong I hope and pry I'm wrong that Knight Rider can get thorugh this, only time will tell for sure.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:32 pm

You still clearly don't get why you were suspended.....

As for Goliath and Garthe... If they bring either back then well, I think I'm done. Garthe and his semi should remain dead and not brought back either from the past or a retcon of what should be part of the history of a so called continuation and as a new Garthe.. It's not as if Garthe couldn't have a kid or two out there anyway so there's no point to it. >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:15 pm

hey im just trying get my point of view in which never hurts it does not hurt to think what might of been i doubt this new knight rider last longer then original series cause it nothing i mean nothing like the original show schould be im just happy we getting karr kind of.

only goliath n garth i want t see is on knight rider season 2 besides if they brought him back not saying they would but stranger things have happend proably ingore the big fall and do something else just my 2 cents that is all.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:42 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:You still clearly don't get why you were suspended.....
Thats where you wrong, I know that speaking your mind is not allowed on here, THAT is very clear.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:42 am

whet wrote:
Thats where you wrong, I know that speaking your mind is not allowed on here, THAT is very clear.
And that comment just goes to show your ignorance when it comes to everything that was said in regards to your suspension.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:13 am

Here's an idea.

Have KI3T fight the New Goliath (maybe the truck we've seen on the footage from Master Key, why would KI3T drive backwards to avoid the truck when he could have easily rammed and destroyed him?), and afterwards, after they win, make the New Goliath the "mobile base/semi" they needed. Problem solved!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:41 am

The truck in the footage is NOT Goliath. It's just a regular ole truck that they are disabling with EMP.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Matthew wrote:
whet wrote:
And that comment just goes to show your ignorance when it comes to everything that was said in regards to your suspension.

Matt
Well If you say so, but you and I both know I'm right.

1,Knight Rider has been a joke apart from the pilot of this new series.
2,Nobody pricducing or writting this new series has a clue what they are doing.
3, The rattings are an embassment.
4.This has no chance at all of making another season.

Ban me do what you like.

It will not change the 4 points above.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Continuing a storyline involving Goliath or Garthe Knight doesn't sound good to me at all. I didn't really care for the eps back in the day......a semi-truck coated with MBS assumes a personality?? We would hear that howling roar of the engine as if "Goliath" had a mind of it's own. RIDICULOUS!! I think those eps would have been much better if the focus on the entire story involved very little of the indestructable semi-truck (I don't even want to acknowledge it had a name anymore.)

What might be interesting is Micheal Traceur meeting more of his relatives who may still be involved with the Knight Foundation. I found it interesting when Micheal Knight met Wilton's daughter in season 4. That right there was a taste that FLAG had deeper roots into the corporate scheme of the world. Knight Industries seems to be a production company for mass warfare, as how they make missiles and such..

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:26 am

whet wrote:Well If you say so, but you and I both know I'm right.
And that right there is a prime example of the pure arrogance that got you suspended in the first place, even if you are seemingly incapable of comprehending the facts of what truly transpired.

Matt

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:20 am

Matthew wrote:
whet wrote:Well If you say so, but you and I both know I'm right.
And that right there is a prime example of the pure arrogance that got you suspended in the first place, even if you are seemingly incapable of comprehending the facts of what truly transpired.

Matt
No it's just the facts.

We'll see won't we?
Do you really think this show will make season 2?

Be honest...

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:58 am

whet wrote:No it's just the facts.
Whet,

Once again, you’ve failed to recognise the point of what you did wrong. It was never about your opinion of the show, it was about the way you conducted yourself when it came to the people that didn’t agree with you.

At this point, whether the show achieves a second season is rather immaterial. The question at hand is whether you will reach 2009 with your membership intact, as making false accusations against Neil, Mike and myself is not the way to go about ringing in the New Year as a part of this community, given that the aim of these accusations is to try and cloud the truth for those that are unaware of what transpired.

Matt

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:06 am

Well honstely all I'm trying to get across is my dissapointment of the new show, sorry if you take what I say the wrong way, that really is not my intenstion.

If GST gets his act togather and does a half decent show I will praise his effots, but my opion is he's just made this show into a joke.

If you want to be petty and ban me that's your choice, and sorry if you have to take things to that level, I hope that this board and the mods are above anything of that nature.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:47 am

I think we all get that you dont like the show Whet but do you really have to keep going on about it?