Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MARKK
Volunteer

Re: Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Post by MARKK » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:56 pm

That Chevvy thingy looks like a cheap town runaround with grandma in the front seat (no offence any grandma's reading this !)

Bad or what.......

There's not even room for a shopping trolley :lol:

I'd rather KI3T was a Nissan Skyline :D

The 3000 is a Mustang which in itself is an icon, lets give it a chance.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kitt34 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:18 pm

MARKK wrote:That Chevvy thingy looks like a cheap town runaround with grandma in the front seat (no offence any grandma's reading this !)

Bad or what.......

There's not even room for a shopping trolley :lol:

I'd rather KI3T was a Nissan Skyline :D

The 3000 is a Mustang which in itself is an icon, lets give it a chance.
Not really, this mustang was really the wrong choice for this show, I Will not give it a chance, it just plain sucked,

Yes the mustang is an icon of it's own right, but not on this show, it just really bad.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Let's just all think about this for a second. It could have been much, much worse. At least K.I.T.T is still an american car.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Personally, I think that it should have been a challenger.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Some like this:

I still love the mustang but if Dodge would have made a deal with NBC, they should have the Challenger. I absolutely love this car. But I do agree, it could have been a camaro as well.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Renegade94
Recruit

Post by Renegade94 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:05 pm

I for one think these type of threads should just all be killed off! KITT is a Mustang, Chevy and GM fans just get over it! This topic has been hanging around since the Pilot when it was announced that KITT would be the Shelby GT 500KR and I can not believe that some people out there just can't get over it, come on Chevy fans it is not all gloom and doom, you had the lead character in Transformers and Jimmie Johnson won the Sprint Cup again! :good:
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:06 pm

I agree with Renegade94.
I've said this time and again. Knights ride Horses. The Mustang is a horse. It fits.....
Yes. I'm a GM fan. Would have liked to see the Camaro in the role. But since the Mustang got the deal, I'm happy with that too. Its an American Muscle car and those twin scanner lights give it a more updated look.
GM fans, we have Transformers for the Camaro. A Hit movie. No doubt in part 2 Bumblebee will return as a Camaro. So lets be glad and just enjoy the show.

Instead of grumbling over the choice of car, lets discuss what features of the old car we would like to see in the new car i.e.. Stealth mode. Or something more insane, becoming invisible like Bond's Aston.

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

2K&3KKITT wrote:Some like this:

I still love the mustang but if Dodge would have made a deal with NBC, they should have the Challenger. I absolutely love this car. But I do agree, it could have been a camaro as well.
The challenger's rear end looks so much like the rear end of KITT. It would look good in the role... However its looks more muscle rather than sleek tech. The camaro has that. The Mustang presents itself a something in between.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Gosh...it's time that people stop putting up these threads. The 8th. gen Civic would have ten times more futuristic looks than all the Ford,GM,or Chrysler muscle cars have. So what if the car isn't American? Yeah, my point of view sounds stupid, but hey...the Civic's dash looks better than the Mustangs.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:Gosh...it's time that people stop putting up these threads. The 8th. gen Civic would have ten times more futuristic looks than all the Ford,GM,or Chrysler muscle cars have. So what if the car isn't American? Yeah, my point of view sounds stupid, but hey...the Civic's dash looks better than the Mustangs.
Agreed. But the cars in the comparison here are the muscle cars from GM, Ford and Chrysler / Dodge.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Lynda414 wrote:Let's just all think about this for a second. It could have been much, much worse. At least K.I.T.T is still an american car.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't know about Lynda, but when I say AMERICAN car, I mean MADE IN USA. As in, the Camaro is NOT American, it is Canadian!!!! The Ford Mustang is built by Americans, and it sustains the American economy. Especially in these economic times, why would we want to promote people buying foreign made cars?

With the Ford Mustang as KITT, people can get a Mustang GT, made by other Americans, and have it modified to resemble the GT500KR. In fact, NBC should have stuff on the web site directing people on how to modify a standard 2008 Mustang GT to look like a GT500KR.

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:Gosh...it's time that people stop putting up these threads. The 8th. gen Civic would have ten times more futuristic looks than all the Ford,GM,or Chrysler muscle cars have. So what if the car isn't American? Yeah, my point of view sounds stupid, but hey...the Civic's dash looks better than the Mustangs.
Actually the Honda Civic IS Made in the USA, UNLIKE THE CAMARO OR THE CHALLENGER.

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 pm

2K&3KKITT wrote:Some like this:

No, this image that I repeated proves that this car is just as boxy as a Mustang GT500KR. That is a BOXY 90 DEGREE FRONT END.

Contrast that with a Chevy Cobalt SS -- WHICH UNLIKE A CHALLENGER IS MADE IN THE USA -- which looks far more aerodynamic.

The MADE IN USA 2009 Honda Civic Coupe is also far more aerodynamic than a FOREIGN MADE Dodge Challenger:

Guess what, Challenger fans, the 2009 Honda Civic Coupe is MADE IN EAST LIBERTY, OHIO, which, last time I checked, was US SOIL. Where is the Dodge Challenger made? ONTARIO, CANADA!!!! Unless we annex Canada, a car made there is not an American car. It was built by Canadians.

I cannot understand how some of you can look at the Challenger and the Cobalt head to head and say the challenger looks like it would go faster. Granted, if you leave the same power plant in the Cobalt, yes, it will be slower. But if you put THE SAME ELECTRIC MOTOR POWER PLANT IN BOTH, the Cobalt would clearly be faster, because it is MORE AERODYNAMIC!!!

In any case, despite being boxy, the Ford Mustang is the only high performance car made in the USA by an American company to have a back seat.

Thus, it is clearly the best choice for KITT.

--Brian

spooky
Recruit

Post by spooky » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 pm

i was on the set the other day talking about this actually. i was told that the Camaro and the Challenger were considered, however Ford gave them the better deal. i like all 3 cars(Camaro, Challenger, Mustang), so i'm fine with KITT being a Mustang.

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:46 pm

spooky wrote:i was on the set the other day talking about this actually. i was told that the Camaro and the Challenger were considered, however Ford gave them the better deal. i like all 3 cars(Camaro, Challenger, Mustang), so i'm fine with KITT being a Mustang.
Finally someone who has the correct info on why it was chosen. It wasn't because GM or Chrysler turned them down, it was about which one was giving a better deal for the budget. Perhaps the production crew required the car to be an actual production model at the time and the mustang was the only one.
They did an excellent job on the new KITT. He looks great. Yes I'm a GM fan. But I like what I see and at times I'm tempted to go in for a Ford.... :lol:

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:19 pm

i do not understand how this is still an interesting topic...
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:24 pm

honnziva wrote:i do not understand how this is still an interesting topic...
Yeah, really. :roll:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:27 pm

honnziva wrote:i do not understand how this is still an interesting topic...
Well, everyone's got something to say... :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9