KITT's voice calibration

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

KITT's voice calibration

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:37 pm

I got KITT's system in a couple of days ago.
1gig of memory 120 gig hard drive
Automotive power supply
New Voice modulator

Now I am wrapping up tests on KITT's voice..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEwxXcbBIz8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Gadjet
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT's voice calibration

Post by Gadjet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 am

You are amasing!

That is superb I cant wait to see your car when its finnished.

I hope there will be lots of vids to follow showing the build up.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Gadjet wrote: I hope there will be lots of vids to follow showing the build up.

Gadjet
Thanks Gadjet! :D
There will be follow up vids sure. :good:
Hey Gadjet, hows your B.E.A.S.T GPZ750R coming along?

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 pm

You rule taoworm!!!! Awesome work!

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:10 am

Good to hear there will be more vids to follow, its nice to see what others are doing.

Humm the Beast got to be a bit of a handfull as in it was to frigging quick for me so it had to go.
I had a year of it running me about but it was to expencive to run and a bit much for a weedy 8 stone girly to run. So Scrap hawk was rebuilt as its only a 250cc bike, much lighter and lots more fun around the country lanes.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckt7qLXGzA0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By next summer the Hawk should be able to speek, no where near as hi tec as your KITT. I was planing on using a old walkman a movement sensor and a pair of amped speakers. The result should be my bike will be able to insult Harly riders at bike rallys.
One recording I allreday have is my frend talking through on of those transformer voice changers saying "I bet you ride a harley, I could beat a harley with one pistion off line!"
Well I think it might be funny.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 am

nee716 wrote:You rule taoworm!!!! Awesome work!
Thanks Nee!

Gadjet your Scrap Hawk looks awesome!
When your ready to make the Hawk speak just let me know, because I know a place that has a sound board and IR movement sensor that plays up to I think 40 wav sound files. Sounds perfect for your application.

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 am

taoworm2323 wrote:
nee716 wrote:You rule taoworm!!!! Awesome work!
Thanks Nee!

Gadjet your Scrap Hawk looks awesome!
When your ready to make the Hawk speak just let me know, because I know a place that has a sound board and IR movement sensor that plays up to I think 40 wav sound files. Sounds perfect for your application.

Hi ya.

Thanks glad you like the old rust bucket (lieing cow theres no rust on it)
Any how yea the sound files thingy sounds like a cool idea however it goes against what Rat bikes are, if I was to buy somting that does the job its cheeting.
Nealy every thing on that bike has been found, scavenged, given to me or bought second hand.
Well as they say in farscape Im a Garbologist (connoisseir of what peole throw away)
The only parts I buy new are the important bits like breaks, tyers, chain and sprokets ect.
However my old mobile phone has over 500 music tracks on it and I think will make a ideal sound wavs holder after a bit of giggery pokery it could be made to do the job I want.
It also has a very good camrea which im thinking of sepirating from the phone and making into a rear veaw cam/screen.
I just hope my soldering skills are up to it.

Thanks

Gadjet

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Awesome! I want to do that with my Suse. Never thought of a touch-screen though because I was thinking of her being completely voice-activated and if I needed to, I could access the system with keyboard in the trunk. But I like your idea better. Only I don't have much room to redo things in my Taurus, the way the dash is and all. That would take some thought.

Can't wait to see your car when it can talk! Wow!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks FuzzieDice! :good: