SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Re: SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:27 am

I keep reading about how cool this is, now is the CGI cool? yes! Is the idea cool? NO! If they would have called it something else beside KARR like Megatr- sorry Meganaut or something then it might of been a good show!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

scottab21
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by scottab21 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:27 am

WOW... These few seconds of footage are VERY impressive! It's like we're getting Knight Rider on a motion picture level on TV. Big ups to the VFX team :good: and the producers of the show. I consider myself a true KR purist, and to the few naysayers out there, just wait and watch before you judge, because you haven't heard the entire story yet... 8) 8) 8)

:kitt: :karr:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:34 am

scottab21 wrote:WOW... These few seconds of footage are VERY impressive! It's like we're getting Knight Rider on a motion picture level on TV. Big ups to the VFX team :good: and the producers of the show. I consider myself a true KR purist, and to the few naysayers out there, just wait and watch before you judge, because you haven't heard the entire story yet... 8) 8) 8)

:kitt: :karr:
What story is that Scott? Isnt it obvious? Im sure KARR raises hell for awhile then Mike & KI3T have the final showdown with him. I bet KARR even talks like a transformer.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:14 am

By story we haven't heard why this KARR was created, what happened to it and how it ties into Mike's past. We need to hear that (and even see the front of KARR) before we make judgments. It's ok to have your opinion but let others have theirs.

I don't specifically mind KARR being a "transformer." It seems some of the military real life designs are featuring objects that transform from one thing to another, so this feels like natural progression of a military application. As long as this KARR isn't a being from another planet looking for the "allspark" and something created on earth by humans with flawed programing - I'm ok with it.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 am

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:06 am

http://masterkeyfilms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; doesnt work for me, have they taken the website down or something, could someone please tell me if the website works on there computer!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:23 am

Hm, it looks down for me too - MK-Admin! Wakey wakey.

I don't think it's taken down intentionally and cause of that I've added a locally cached copy to the first post.

Also - please digg the images/footage here: http://digg.com/television/1st_image_an ... ilable_now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Digg is great to help get something awareness, but everyone needs to digg it in order for it to get noticed.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:40 am

Looks like we broke it. :D Either that or their Admin accidentally spilled his beverage on the server. :P Tsk tsk tsk, I wonder if he used his sweater to try and soak up the liquid. :mrgreen:

*Has dugg or is that digged, it*

Oh and I dunno if I can really think of this as a "Transformers rip off" it looks more like something out of Terminator, maybe something that the military would have built in that universe. Always had a feeling that KARR had something to do with Skynet....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:16 am

I can't get it to work either. I'll be checking back all day. But the youtube footage BLEW ME AWAY! I really want to see the full clip now.

z00story
Knight Rider 2008 Creative

Post by z00story » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 am

Scheduled power outage. They informed me power and site should be back up in a few hours at the most.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:18 pm

WOW KARR looks amazing! I cannot believe that is going to be show on network TV. Usually network TV CGI is very limited looking. But MasterKey is doing an awesome job with KR. I love how they kept KARR black with the yellow lighting and shading. KARR and the new turbo boost give me chills everytime I watch the REEL. Yes I am on my 5 viewing :-)

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 pm

In the 80's, KARR had a better voice box.....I hope this KARR has better voice effects. Pure human sounding KITT sounds LAME

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:18 pm

The site's back up and WOW!!!! I'm speechless! Can't wait until KR is back! :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:54 pm

neps wrote: I don't specifically mind KARR being a "transformer." It seems some of the military real life designs are featuring objects that transform from one thing to another, so this feels like natural progression of a military application. As long as this KARR isn't a being from another planet looking for the "allspark" and something created on earth by humans with flawed programing - I'm ok with it.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I had some serious reservations about new Karr but now Ive seen him it makes sense, I actually think they made the right choice.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:33 pm

When the clip first starts it looks like KARR is transforming to the "robot" form, but as I like KARR as a robot, I HOPE KI3T does not have that mode.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Yea! I'm so excited!!! Glad you all are now too. *Sue jumps up and down* I think their lighting choices are awesome for that scene! It looks so dark and intense. This might just be the best KITT v KARR ever.
Ut oh shouldn't a said that.
SHADO buddy I need you. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 pm

WOW!!!

:karr:

Now THAT is totally like... :shock:

I'm amazed, blown away, impressed! I can't wait to see the episode! YIKES!

I never was a Transformers fan until I saw the movie. I had seen it when I bought the DVD after hearing it was a good one, and seeing some clips. The Transformers movie was awesome. So having KARR a car AND a robot is just fine with me! They did a great job with him!

As always, as long as I'm entertained and enjoy the show, to me that's all that matters in the end. It has elements I'm very much into: Robots and cars! And when the two are together like that, it's even more awesome! :)

And I'm *SO* glad to hear Peter Cullen's voice in this (I'm hoping that *is* him). I'm hoping that means he will be voicing KARR! It would be PERFECT!

WTG MK Studios! Great job on this! This show is gonna ROCK! :)

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:42 pm

How will KITT defeat this KARR? I say he turbo boosts right through his robot body.
Anyway, I cant wait to see this episode!

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:47 pm

I give credit to the VFX team that video reel was awesome, I think they've done a brilliant job on KARR and the CGI as a whole

K.R.O
Volunteer

Post by K.R.O » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Impressive...most impressive. We'll just all have to sit back and see what this KARR can really do. I enjoyed the scene where the Plane crashes into the top of the highway. :good:
Prepare to neutralize

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:28 pm

I agree with the "this belong in Transformers" crowd. KR shouldn't be about transforming robots.

But what's worse is this probably won't help the show. Most people are going to blast the show even more now, see it for what it is: an attempt to cash in on the success of Transformers.

The only thing that will hold my interest over this bizarre twist of events is if it's the same KARR from TOS in that new body. That holds valuable story material that this show NEEDS. I take Cullen being in for this as a good sign. It can't be a coincidence that he shows up voicing the title of the VFX studio that is doing the CG work FOR Knight Rider. He was probably in-studio to record his KARR dialogue for the SFX guys and while they were at it, they asked him to do the company voiceover for the reel.

So I take it that if he's voicing KARR (highly probably, very stupid coincidence if not), then it's the same KARR from TOS, which makes me happy and appreciative. I can deal with the Trasformers ripoff if we get that link to TOS mythology. The original KARR (assuming he is) would surely be pleased with such upgrades.
One man can make a difference....

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:35 pm

I agree it looks freakin awesome! Tell NBC to put together a trailer like that for TV and I'm sure it'll attract some viewers back to the show! Only thing that looked kinda odd is that last Tubo Boost right at the end. I'm sure the scene isn't completely rendered yet, it just looked kinda like KITT was flying like Back to the future. I really liked the part where he was in front of the Semi going in reverse. That was taken right out of the original!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Yeah, the turbo boost still looked funny to me too, it still looks kind of floaty and sliding (though it might just be me since last time they were using a car to do launch and the landing) on the street to me and the car doesn't look like it's really a part of the environment, at least to me. Granted I watched it several times and at one point at 1/10th the normal speed, it just seems too uhh standout more (?) to me compared to everything else around it.

Might just be the curse of CGI and being so use to the old way it was done with a real car or mock up of it with a ramp hidden behind something, sometimes not very well, heh..

However, that video would make for a good promotional tool for the show and not just MKF. :good: Nice work for whomever put it together.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Mike Knight wrote:Most people are going to blast the show even more now, see it for what it is: an attempt to cash in on the success of Transformers.
I have to disagree. "Most" people will say "hey, it's like Transformers, that's cool!." The way people said "Heroes is like X-Men, that's cool." Or "Hey, this new 'Knight Rider' show is like The Dukes of Hazzard with a computer, cool!"

Thats what television does. It copies.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

V8 Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by V8 Interceptor » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:19 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
ghidorah15 wrote:
Let it load enough that you can hear the entire beginning, then listen...and tell us if that's not Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen. :D
He might be more known for Optimus Prime but he did KARR first! :P

Heh, someone is a Weezer fan...
But he introduced Voltron before he was KARR
"I am the Knight Rider, I'm a fuel injected suicide machine, I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a outacontroller I AM A KNIGHT RIDER BABY!"