SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Post by neps » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:31 pm

The biggest question on your minds right now is KARR, right? How would you like to take a look at it in action now?

(click on the black bar below)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Looks pretty bad ass to me, what does everyone else think? Amazing work everyone at MKF!

If you want to see more, check out http://masterkeyfilms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and find their REEL for a few seconds of that scene in ACTION. It's gonna be a long few weeks!

Also, again - be sure to watch the reel, and listen closely to the beginning...

PLEASE DIGG: http://digg.com/television/1st_image_an ... ilable_now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lexicon
Operative

Re: SEE the new KARR - NOW!

Post by Lexicon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Holy (insert long string of expletives here)! That's WAY beyond what we've seen so far. Let's hope it's as epic a brawl as Justin said it was. The REEL has Peter Cullen's voice too!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:42 pm

so it is KI3T vs KARR!!!!!!!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Oh s$%t....................

I can see what Mike meant by theatrical looking, it wouldnt look out of place in a big budget blockbuster.

Neil your right, its gonna be a loooooooong few weeks, Im confident it will be well worth the wait!

Masterkey rocks! :good:

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Oh I hope so. I really really do.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:50 pm

neps wrote:
Also, again - be sure to watch the reel, and listen closely to the beginning...
That sure does sound familiar :wink:

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm

...holy CRAP!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That IS cinematic!!! :good: And yes, I most definitely recognized Peter Cullen's voice at the beginning of that reel...oh, please, let that be a positive sign...

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:03 pm

:shock: I have never been blown away like that before. The KARR clip and the Turbo Boost at the end were the best parts!

You know, if NBC would play this video clip, music and all, as a commercial a few times, I think they could get ratings back up... cause that was just... AWESOME!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 pm

ghidorah15 wrote:...holy CRAP!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That IS cinematic!!! :good: And yes, I most definitely recognized Peter Cullen's voice at the beginning of that reel...oh, please, let that be a positive sign...
Well if it isnt him, its his twin brother or an extremely authentic sound-alike.....

Listen to the vocal inflection and tone when he says Masterkey films, if its not him its the most awesome impressionist ever.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Very..... Very.... Interesting... That damn thing does look a bit scary, heh. Interesting turbo boost as well some other unaired clips. *Watches bits and pieces of it in slow motion.*
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Glad everyone is receiving it well! What you all need to do now is to goto a site that has been writing negatively about the new Knight Rider and find their email submission form and mail them a link to this thread or the article on the news site. We need to get this footage and image around everywhere!!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:24 pm

looks bad ass

But KARR is supposed to be a Trans-am!!! :karr:

I hope that tell us about a connection between this Karr and old Karr
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:24 pm

I pissed my pants when i saw KARR i was like woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How do i see the reel i tried but could not find it :(
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 pm

It's gonna take more than 2 seconds of KARR to change the opinions of naysayers. They need to prepare a solid promo effort for the KARR episode that entices people on the fence to watch without giving away too much of what there is to see in the episode.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 pm

is it really Peter's voice, are u pulling our chains.

I couldnt tell in the Reel because of the music
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:31 pm

GT500KR wrote:is it really Peter's voice, are u pulling our chains.

I couldnt tell in the Reel because of the music
Let it load enough that you can hear the entire beginning, then listen...and tell us if that's not Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen. :D

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:38 pm

listen to the beginning of the Reel when the person says the companies name or listen to the beginning of the Karr clip?
~Jay Leno

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 pm

GT500KR wrote:listen to the beginning of the Reel when the person says the companies name or listen to the beginning of the Karr clip?
The beginning of the Reel itself.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:41 pm

ok, i like it :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

hope he does the voice for the episode
~Jay Leno

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:42 pm

ghidorah15 wrote:
Let it load enough that you can hear the entire beginning, then listen...and tell us if that's not Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen. :D
He might be more known for Optimus Prime but he did KARR first! :P

Heh, someone is a Weezer fan...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:45 pm

This is AMAZING!

I just realized that with the original sketches shown during the Living Dead episode, we didn't get a sense of scale of this KARR (i.e. we don't really know how big it is). But when I saw this, I just realized that this KARR is A LOT BIGGER than what I imagined he would look like. I originally thought he would be as large as the Jazz Autobot in the Transformers, but here he's REALLY LARGE, almost defying his original mass. It looks like he can just stomp KITT away with his sheer size. It would be interesting to see how KITT would fight him. Cut away his legs with the laser?
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:45 pm

u know what would be sweet, if this KARR was linked the older KARR, he would say "Where is KITT" but then Val Kilmer be like "Im right here" but then KARR would be like "ur not KITT where is he"
~Jay Leno

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 pm

KITT will probably end up transforming as well.....ugh

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:57 pm

BlueChaos wrote:This is AMAZING!

I just realized that with the original sketches shown during the Living Dead episode, we didn't get a sense of scale of this KARR (i.e. we don't really know how big it is). But when I saw this, I just realized that this KARR is A LOT BIGGER than what I imagined he would look like. I originally thought he would be as large as the Jazz Autobot in the Transformers, but here he's REALLY LARGE, almost defying his original mass. It looks like he can just stomp KITT away with his sheer size. It would be interesting to see how KITT would fight him. Cut away his legs with the laser?
It's a perspective shot so it doesn't really give you an idea of his actual size. The camera just happens to be right behind KARR's bulk when KARR is moving around and KITT is thirty feet away so you get no real comparison between the two. Though I do think KARR might end up looking a bit beefier than he really should just for dramatic purposes, they seem to have gone the Transformer route in the pre-viz graphics we saw by making the mass fit reasonably well with the Mustang.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:01 pm

knightny wrote:KITT will probably end up transforming as well.....ugh
I can almost see that happening given the circumstances as KITT seems to be nothing more than KARR 2.0 given the military involvement in the funding of his construction in the series. Hopefully it won't happen but we will probably get a KITT VS KARR fight where KITT goes into his combat mode like he did in that previous episode, running circles around KARR while blasting him with his weaponry, and dodging KARR's attacks.