On set with Paul Campbell

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

On set with Paul Campbell

Post by Sue » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Paul Campbell is a really cool guy and was kind enough to offer up some of his time to answer some questions for us. Check it out!

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... mpbell.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS. Hey Mike what was his charity again? I think it deserves another plug. :D
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

neps
Site Administrator

Re: On set with Paul Campbell

Post by neps » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:25 am

Awesome work Sue! Paul always seems like alot of fun on and off camera.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 am

Great job again Sue! :good:
Keep up the great reporting.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 am

Great video, and yes I agree he is the unsexy version of Bonnie. Can't ever see him playing an avenger on a motorcycle - can you?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:47 am

I see Billy riding on a crappy motorcycle/dirt bike with a terrified expression on his face.

Nice work Sue! The whole cast seem like a bunch of cool people.. That Bonnie thing made me think of if he was an April like character.... Which gave me a terrible.... Terrible mental image....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:32 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:April like character.... Which gave me a terrible.... Terrible mental image....
That is the quote of the year, made me laugh very loud!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 pm

He also talked quite positively about the possibility of the 22 episodes again. Well, he didnt say he had already made other arrangements for next year anyway...

I'm optimistic about the future, roll on the next ep on 31st Dec... 8)

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Tho this isnt the best show on TV according to the whole realm of TV aka Ratings, its one of the best shows for me. I dont want much tv at night during the weekdays.

Monday Night - One Tree Hill 9pm
Tuesday Night - Nothing
Wednesday Nothing - Knight Rider 8pm
Thursday Nothing - Smallville - 8pm, The Office - 9pm
Friday Night - Nothing

If there is Philadelphia 76ers game on, i'll watch it.

I need this show :good: to keep me from boredom Wednesday nights.

I hope this comes back and stronger, i am getting tired of all the BS from IMDB.com Knight Rider forums and autoblog.com Knight Rider "critics" because they are saying stupid stuff about how the show got cancelled because of the newer episode production. Saying it wasnt good enough for NBC executives.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:37 pm

I'm wanting that KR calander!!!

Anyway, Good Job Sue, sounds like they really cut back on the Billy scenes with the reboot (retool). That's okay, he still gets to smile and wave. :D
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Great interview Sue! I'm getting excited now about the future episodes, from what he and Gary Scott Thompson are saying. Sounds like we'll really be in for something amazing! And it's good that they are doing their best to reassure that the show isn't being canceled. I know many were questioning that for a moment. I like the idea of it going back to KITT and Michael helping the "everyman" as it were. I liked the new show and new characters, but I think having more KITT scenes would be more to my liking. :)

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm

I found that charity it's The Children's Lifesaving Foundation. If you're at all able to share a little bit of what you have this holiday season I'm sure Paul would appreciate you checking it out!

Also I forgot to thank Weeezl for his help with After Effects and Neil for his work to add a comments box below the still photos. Thanks Guys! :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Sue wrote:I found that charity it's The Children's Lifesaving Foundation. If you're at all able to share a little bit of what you have this holiday season I'm sure Paul would appreciate you checking it out!

Also I forgot to thank Weeezl for his help with After Effects and Neil for his work to add a comments box below the still photos. Thanks Guys! :good:
Your more than welcome Sue, Im glad to assist with whatever I can but really I should thank you for all your awesome work! :good: and also a big thank you to Neil and everyone who runs the ship!

Just remember if you need anything, dont hesitate to fire up the old Weez-Signal and Ill be there in a jiffy! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Signal.jpg
Signal.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 14894 times

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Don't know why but Paul seems kinda depressed that he doesn't seem get more role in the reboot. So it's really focusing on Mike and Kitt then. Bruening said he hasn't met the other cast. Did you happen to see Deanna and Smith Cho on the set, Sue?
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 am

BlueChaos wrote:Don't know why but Paul seems kinda depressed that he doesn't seem get more role in the reboot. So it's really focusing on Mike and Kitt then. Bruening said he hasn't met the other cast. Did you happen to see Deanna and Smith Cho on the set, Sue?
Nope, not on set. Justin was the only one of the main cast filming both days that I was on the set.
(Though I wish they were cause I would have loved to ask them about their feelings on the reboot as well)

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:51 am

He seems like a lot of fun, you sure are lucky Sue. The mention of RC3 was surprising, lol

Just a question for the interviewer, how did you get yourself on set? Did you have some KRO Press pin or something? lol. Or did you call someone in advance saying your from KRO and wanted to do some interviews? Just curious, because not just anyone can waltz on set, right?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:30 pm

cloudkitt wrote:He seems like a lot of fun, you sure are lucky Sue. The mention of RC3 was surprising, lol

Just a question for the interviewer, how did you get yourself on set? Did you have some KRO Press pin or something? lol. Or did you call someone in advance saying your from KRO and wanted to do some interviews? Just curious, because not just anyone can waltz on set, right?
Yup KRO called ahead.. We were planing on a different day so as not to overwhelm them with giving a tour to the ebay winner and KRO, but with the sudden news of the reduction of episodes we had to kinda squish it all into one week. So thanks guys for letting us do that. :good:
It was kinda funny cause they were never given my last name so the guard at the gate had to call in to make sure. "Uh some girl by the name of Sue?"
But yes, I wouldn't recommend trying that at home :mrgreen:
<------ That fancy little title helps too. *Smiles at Neil*

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:59 pm

...or you can be like me and sneek in. Hehe, good job Sue!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Jaime sure is a sneaky one :mrgreen: I don't think I can ever top his attack KITT pictures.
I'd try that but I doubt I'd get away with it with the size of camera I got. And they'd probably kick me out about the time I started drooling over Justin.
*Sue gawks at Justin - Justin breaks the awkward silence* "Uh hi there I'm Justin." "Yeah I know... we met at Comic Con" *Sue smiles dumbly*
"Ah I thought you looked familiar." *Justin is probably remembering the part about the crayons*
He He He :mrgreen:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Then Justin says "would you like to go for a coffee and chat?" :mrgreen:

then Sue says :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: *faint*
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:31 pm

I was just about to post up a picture of Justin and I and then realized the thread I'm in.. where are my manners.
This ones cute too! :mrgreen:
DSC_0965fix.jpg
DSC_0965fix.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 14669 times

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Fantastic pic Sue!! :good:
now i'm extra jealous.. i think i'll faint when you post you pic of justin..

How did you get the KRO t-shirt?
Call me Mike.