SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Hey Tony, don't give up fighting. I haven't. I want a season 2 and have written a letter asking. I love your enthusiasim (ok, can't spell). Do your thing and be proud of it. 8)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Ashley+KITT=LOVE
Stranger

Post by Ashley+KITT=LOVE » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 pm

I LOVE KIGHT RIDER! nbc is stupid if they cancell it..becuase not to long ago there was another show i LOVED.... MoonLight....THEY CANCELLED IT THE 1st SEASON! and NOW vampires and stuff is SO POPULAR they lost money cutting that show. they are stupid. BUT love KR i hope it doesnt get cancelled...AND DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EMAIL ADRESS OR MAILING ADRESS OF NBC SO I CAN SEND THEM A LETTER TELLING THEM NOT TO CANCEL KR? so if u have it tell me THANKZ! KITT ROCKZ!

ps I HAVE A QUESTION
do you guys think they do Kitts voice in the same time they are Filming...or do you think they record his voice then add it in latter? BECUASE if they do THEY R REALLY GOOD AT ACTING WHEN NO ONE IS TALKING BACK! either way i love them...SO if u kno the answer to that to I WULD LOVE TO KNO! just something i always wondered...

:kitt:

:kittside:

:kittconv:

:karr:

:kitt2:

:dash:

:dash4:

YES I OVE IT THAT MUCH! :good: :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Val Kilmer does the voice work after the episode is shot I believe. They have someone on the set (who is apparently very good) who fills in and reads KITT's lines to the actors so they're not just talking to nothing, certainly helps with timing and other things.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Watch this video we did, we asked Paul Campbell that very question.
http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... mpbell.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh and look back in this thread for ideas and ways to make sure Knight Rider gets a season two.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:17 am

I think now is a good time to let NBC know that we want Knight Rider to continue -- better now than after NBC makes a decision. While I think keeping a positive note is important, I think that it's fine to voice our constructive criticism in the letters too, as long as it is contructive and not outright negative. In my opinion, that would give NBC an idea of the changes they need to make in order for the show to be a success. Hopefully they'll make the needed changes anyway in the reboot, and if so this would just reinforce their decision to do so. Anyway, I've got my letter ready to drop in the mail.

I do have at least two other ideas that hopefully will be helpful to the cause.

1) Part of the reason for sending something in our letters to NBC - whether a chess piece, a kit kat, or a crayon -- isn't to just bombard NBC with the message that we want Knight Rider, but to create a media buzz. I remember hearing something a few months ago about fans of Lipstick Jungle sending lipstick in their support of that show. I've never seen Lipstick Jungle, but what that tells me is that there are people out there who enjoy the show enough to do something to save it. And that says to me that maybe the show has merit. It might even make me want to tune in to see what the hype is all about.

If we do send something to NBC, we need to be consistent. My choice would be a black Knight chess piece because it's a symbol. It's a symbolic icon of the show and it's symbolic of our efforts to make a difference. Symbols are important and carry more meaning than just the obvious. And somebody needs to alert the media about our campaign, someone with credibility rather than some joe on the street, perhaps the owner of Knight Rider Online or some other Knight Rider fan site or club. TV guide and Entertainment Weekly are just a few choice media I can think of to contact.

2) We need some positive media buzz about the reboot of Knight Rider to counteract all the negative so far. The reboot is the perfect time for this. We need articles out there saying how great Knight Rider has become, maybe it had a slow start, but you don't want to miss it now. If anyone has any connections to any kind of media that writes reviews or entertainment news, now would be the time to use them. Even if not, I'm sure there are plenty of places online where people can write independent reviews of shows. Not to mention there are plenty of message boards including the NBC forum.

:kitt2: One man can make a difference. KITT lives.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:55 pm

I went on the Facebook group for Knight Rider and posted a link to the petition site and KRO!

I hope this helps:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic ... 6123081251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:16 pm

I Don't agree with this petition at all, this New version of KR just plain sucked to me, I Didn't like any of it (except the pilot and 2nd episode) and the ending of that premiere was the worst in recent tv history, there's nothing good about this show, the acting is really bad, I mean the original had humor, a Plot and good characters, this one just doesn't.

It's already too late for this show.

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:38 pm

kitt34 wrote:I Don't agree with this petition at all, this New version of KR just plain sucked to me, I Didn't like any of it (except the pilot and 2nd episode) and the ending of that premiere was the worst in recent tv history, there's nothing good about this show, the acting is really bad, I mean the original had humor, a Plot and good characters, this one just doesn't.

I don't think you're waiting long enough. That was my first opinion, but after watching a few episodes, i changed my mind. I'm not totally in love with it, but I am willing to give it a chance to change for the better. It does have humor, the acting's not as bad as you think, though there are some issues with continuity.

Just wait and watch, is all.
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:15 am

AngeliaxKARR wrote:
kitt34 wrote:I Don't agree with this petition at all, this New version of KR just plain sucked to me, I Didn't like any of it (except the pilot and 2nd episode) and the ending of that premiere was the worst in recent tv history, there's nothing good about this show, the acting is really bad, I mean the original had humor, a Plot and good characters, this one just doesn't.

I don't think you're waiting long enough. That was my first opinion, but after watching a few episodes, i changed my mind. I'm not totally in love with it, but I am willing to give it a chance to change for the better. It does have humor, the acting's not as bad as you think, though there are some issues with continuity.

But to me, it doesn't even the heart nor the soul of the original, the new tries, but it fails to deliver.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 pm

2knight wrote: We need some positive media buzz about the reboot of Knight Rider to counteract all the negative so far.
:kitt2: One man can make a difference. KITT lives.
I totally agree about making it a uniformed effort that the media will pick up on. Perhaps it's not quite time to start our campaign because I would like to see the media focusing all the great episodes coming up and not the idea that the show might be canceled. My mom actually just proposed a rather good idea to me I thought I'd share.
Jay Leno is always badmouthing KR she points out. Jay loves to do little segments on ordinary people, perhaps we can all send something funny into him that he could show on his show and talk about all the fans who are very excited about KR.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:18 pm

You know that probably wouldn't end well.... :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

kitt34 wrote:
AngeliaxKARR wrote:

But to me, it doesn't even the heart nor the soul of the original, the new tries, but it fails to deliver.
Well, then I guess you're one of the few who just can't open their mind. Nothing bad about that, you don't like it, you don't like it. Although, as a final note, some things take a while to develop fully. Nothing is ever automatically perfect outta the gate.
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:03 pm

AngeliaxKARR wrote:Well, then I guess you're one of the few who just can't open their mind. Nothing bad about that, you don't like it, you don't like it. Although, as a final note, some things take a while to develop fully. Nothing is ever automatically perfect outta the gate.
And that's the problem haters like him/her...

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:38 am

PunkMaister wrote:
AngeliaxKARR wrote:Well, then I guess you're one of the few who just can't open their mind. Nothing bad about that, you don't like it, you don't like it. Although, as a final note, some things take a while to develop fully. Nothing is ever automatically perfect outta the gate.
And that's the problem haters like him/her...
:x Hater?! What exactly am I hating on? The new KR? No, i said give it a chance! The old KR? No, i'm a fan of the old KR as much as the new one. Also, I wasn't bashing any fans. I simply put it as your opinion is your opinion, and nothing is wrong with that. Don't instigate, it serves no purpose. BTW, I'm a she. :roll:
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:26 pm

He was referring to kitt34, not you.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:57 pm

I just ordered a chess set so I can send in one Knight chess piece. :good:
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:I am driving right now to NBC to tell them what I think...
lol thats wicked :lol:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 am

the original KITT wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote:I am driving right now to NBC to tell them what I think...
lol thats wicked :lol:
Indeed it is :good: :kitt:

KnightRider87t/a
Recruit

Post by KnightRider87t/a » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 am

I hope NBC will not cancel Knight Rider it's a good show just needs a few changes

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:45 am

After tonights episode I think that the show deserves to be renewed. I have been a huge fan of the new series since the begining but wasn't sure if it had what it took to survive in the world of TV today but tonights episode proved to me that it did and that it deserves another chance.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

mattyb
Stranger

Post by mattyb » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:01 pm

t.b.77b wrote:After tonights episode I think that the show deserves to be renewed. I have been a huge fan of the new series since the begining but wasn't sure if it had what it took to survive in the world of TV today but tonights episode proved to me that it did and that it deserves another chance.

spot on if you ask me :good:

one man can make a difference!

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:37 pm

mattyb wrote:
t.b.77b wrote:After tonights episode I think that the show deserves to be renewed. I have been a huge fan of the new series since the begining but wasn't sure if it had what it took to survive in the world of TV today but tonights episode proved to me that it did and that it deserves another chance.

spot on if you ask me :good:

Haha thanks.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

ANIL_CANADA
Stranger

Post by ANIL_CANADA » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 pm

MAN PLEASE SAVE KNIGHT RIDER THIS IS THE ONLY TV PROGRAM I EVER LIKE. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS TV PROGRAM NOT ONLY ME ALL OF MY FRIENDS LOVE KNIGHT RIDER WE NEVER MISS A EPISODES. AND I REQUEST TO OTHER PEOPLE TO HELP IN SAVEING KNIGHT RIDER.

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:39 pm

I want to help save the show but as I'm in England (shouldn't be watching it) what can I do to help? I really enjoyed the last episode and if the next 4 are like that and the show doesn't get a second season I'm going to be devastated.

Also is there a campaign to bring the show to the UK?
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 pm

You can still encourage people to sign the petition. The more we get the better chance we have.