KR:TOS/KR2008 Fan fiction and calling all KR fanfic writers

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

gumnut
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR:TOS/KR2008 Fan fiction and calling all KR fanfic writers

Post by gumnut » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:19 am

Hi, everyone.

I've been writing KR fan fiction for some years now and have just started in on some crossover fic between the new and the old KR and I thought I'd mention it here.

The series is a little AU and makes a few assumptions regarding our original Michael and Kitt and their status (and it is fun to think they are still out there playing the game), but in relation to KR2008 it is canon so far.

There may be spoilers for any episode, so be warned.

You can find these (and all my other KR fic) over at FanFiction.net - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4560212/1/C ... he_Phoenix

And while I'm here, I'd like to give a yell out to see who else here writes KR fanfic? I've been a member here for some time, but have neglected to visit as often as I should and consequently don't know you guys very well. So Hi to all, but particularly any fellow writers. Do me a favour and toot your horns for me - reply here and tell me who you are and what you write (and where I can find it :D). Advertise me your fic!

Nutty
(television is only a seed, it takes fandom to make a universe grow)
Off the edge, but learning to fly.

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Re: KR:TOS/KR2008 Fan fiction and calling all KR fanfic writers

Post by Mblackphoenix » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:16 am

Cool - new to read. :)
Must look later.

And your question if there more writers.
Here I am.

Mostly in german, I have written once a time some short storys in english.
One story was even honored with the Edward award.
Which I’m very proud. :lol:
Here you can find it:
http://stories.knight-rider.net/html/sabine/edind.htm
http://stories.knight-rider.net/html/sabine.php
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:03 am

Knight Dreams is still an open archive as well. It's gotten a bit quiet since I opened it back in March, but it's still there!

I'm not a writer anymore, but I hope lots of new writers are inspired by the new Knight Rider and start scripting up some new stories!
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am

This is my first attempt to write a fanfic.It's a KR and Lion King crossover (this is what happens when you watch KR TOS and The Lion King back to back).I would love some feedback and constructive critisizm is always welcome! :D http://skybluecivic.deviantart.com/art/ ... r-96682743
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 pm

I know no one has updated this thread in a while, so I am going to take the liberty. Hi, I'm new here. I want to introduce my new fanfiction over myself though. I am really proud of this work, and want to show it off. ^_^

This is an alternate pilot for KR2008. I know a lot of you here really like the new show. And let's face it, it's the best that's been done with Knight Rider in a few years and after the new movie, we probably won't see anything new for quite some time. But I found it 'OK' at best.

So, I wrote a Alternate Universe fic for 2008. Instead of getting Mike Traceur, we have Katherine Long, a jet pilot. Instead of the new Mustang, we have the fifth generation Camaro GS Racecar concept. I've written the pilot so far, and I want to know if I should write more. I am a professional writer for a living, so you know that at least I spelled K.I.T.T right. >_<

Enjoy! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4709785/1/K ... nate_Pilot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Linda414, I've only had a chance to read Chapter 1. It was a nice introduction. I am planning on checking out the rest after work.

Good Job.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:30 pm

Thank you! Tell me what you think! I had to do a good bit of research for this fic. Wikipedia FTW!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:55 am

Lynda414, I read all the rest of the chapters in one night. It was good. Thank You for sharing... :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:16 am

Thank you again! I put a good bit of effort into it, but it was so fun! It came from the idea that, for better or for worse, the new show would have gotten more ratings if the new driver was female.

I want to make sure I write K.I.T.T right. He is the show, and he is this fic. I am writing an episode two, so I hope I can stay on track with everything. ^_^

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:20 pm

Hey Nutty! You already know me but I'm Scott.

I wrote KR2K Fan Fiction for a long time: http://kr2k.com/fiction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I am also the author of the very first fan-fiction reboot/reimaging of Knight Rider with my Eclipse of the Knight series at http://www.kr2k.com/knight_rider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only one story was done, but I've been slowly dabbling in more.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:38 am

Hey, I have a quick question for my fellow fanfic writers! I am trying to settle an argument with the BF. He helps me come up with the plots for my fics.

Now, in my new AU 2008 series, I am having the old KARR return. Because of this, the BF says that I should also bring back Goliath and Garthe Knight. That the fans would expect and demand this.

My argument is that I'm already bringing KARR back, whose fate in the original show was up in the air. And breaking continuity just to bring Garthe and Goliath back, they died in the original, is just rehashing the same old storylines.

So fellow writers, and fellow fans, what do you think?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 am

Here ii is, if anyone is interested. Episode two is up and finished. I hope you all enjoy it. I've been getting some very positive feedback and I am very grateful.

In this episode, Katherine has committed herself to being KITT's driver, and must now undergo the FBI's 'Trial' Mission.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4723647/1/K ... _Episode_2

My favorite quote from this episode:

Kat: “KITT, come here and give me a hand.”
KITT: “I don't have a hand.”
Kat: “Just get your butt back here and help me out.”
KITT: “Kat, I don't have a-”
Kat: “Listen, drive around and break this door for me or I am going to go over there and rip your gear shift off.”
KITT: “On my way.”

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:04 am

Hello again! Just a heads up that Episode Three of my Alternate Storyline is up and complete over at FF.net.

Episode 3 - The Knight Before Christmas
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736377/1/K ... _Episode_3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check it out if you are so inclined. My favorite quote from this one is:

KITT: “I knew you would see things my way.”
Kat: “I'm going to get you for this.”
KITT: “Don't worry, I'll be gentle.”
Kat: “Seriously, if this goes wrong. I am so haunting you. Think 'Christine'.”

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:09 pm

OMG!!! That is soooo awesome!!! Don't stop there!!! It sounds sooooooo soooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:04 am

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:OMG!!! That is soooo awesome!!! Don't stop there!!! It sounds sooooooo soooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! ^_^ I'm glad you liked it. Episode 4 is almost complete, so I guess it's time to post a link over here. I am writing the last chapter now.

The Knight Before Christmas - Part 2
Picking up right where last episode's cliffhanger left off.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4752734/1/K ... _Episode_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Favorite Quote from this episode:
Ian: “How's your CPU Core?”
KITT: “No errors, but I had to reboot.”
Ian: “Any information lost?”
KITT: “I wouldn't know.”

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:08 pm

I loved that! Why didn't you at least say that thing was KARR? It sure sounded like KARR to me. Sorry no songs. The only thing I can think of is "Mr. Roboto". I guess it could kinda work, but not completely. The thing that makes me think it is close is that he says he's like the modern man, but he is actually a kind of robot. Sounds like AI to me.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:26 pm

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:I loved that! Why didn't you at least say that thing was KARR? It sure sounded like KARR to me. Sorry no songs. The only thing I can think of is "Mr. Roboto". I guess it could kinda work, but not completely. The thing that makes me think it is close is that he says he's like the modern man, but he is actually a kind of robot. Sounds like AI to me.
We have another chapter left, give me time. >_< I like being dramatic, suits me as a writer. And are you so sure that it's KARR? >_>

I can see my KITT listening to Mr Roboto. Currently, he is listening to Secret Agent Man. ^_^

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Well ok...maybe not completely sure, but it really sounds like it with the yellow light streaming across the screen. Ok...sorry...looked like the end. I guess I should read the entire post, shouldn't I? If only I were as good as writing long stories or episodes as you were. I just write poetry mainly, maybe a few short stories here and there. I truely admire your writing skills, and how little time it seems to take you! Thank you for sharing such good writing.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:06 pm

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:Well ok...maybe not completely sure, but it really sounds like it with the yellow light streaming across the screen. Ok...sorry...looked like the end. I guess I should read the entire post, shouldn't I? If only I were as good as writing long stories or episodes as you were. I just write poetry mainly, maybe a few short stories here and there. I truely admire your writing skills, and how little time it seems to take you! Thank you for sharing such good writing.
I'm actually an aspiring novelist. I've been writing since I was 13. I started off with poetry, then moved to fanfiction when I was 16. So, I have about 9 years of storytelling experience. I haven't written fanfiction in forever, mostly because I have been working on my first novel(which is almost finished, yay). I took a break when this story came to me.

I actually get ideas faster than I can write them, if you can believe it. I have a whole first season of this alternate storyline planned out. So I am going to at least write that out. Having others interested in my work always helps me write more. I always feel pumped after reading comments on my stories. Good or bad. Though the ones that don't like my work have been awfully quiet lately...

As for my alternate storyline, I wish I could do something with it. Make a novel series or something. Would have to polish up the writing of course. But it's based off of an established brand and I don't know how to go about getting a license, if I even could.

Anyway, back to writing! I will post the last chapter of Episode four after I proofread it, stay tuned!

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:31 pm

I carry a little notebook in my purse, so that when I get the idea, I can write it down as soon as possible. I can't believe how similar your author story is to mine. I am mainly writing poetry and I plan on moving on as soon as I come up with a good idea of my own. I am still working on it. Keep up the good work with your writing!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:39 pm

The best adive I can give you about writing is practice. And lots of it. I have to write every day. It's like a need, like food and sleep. Okay, maybe more so than sleep. >_> Not everyone is like me though. Thankfully, or else the word would be a pretty crazy place.

Thank you again for your praise ^_^ Chapter five is up and I am working on Chapter 1 of Episode five now. Stay tuned!

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:49 pm

I have an idea! This girl is watching a rerun of an original Knight Rider episode. She is taping it for her father who can't watch it with her. It is about Michael and KITT going to track down a scientist who is trying to sell a machine that he claims can take some one back in time. When they get there, Michael acts like a buyer and wants proof that it actually works. When the scientist turns the machine on, a portal appears in the girl's tv screen. The scientist is actually communicating with her, telling her to go through. She is curious as to what is gonna happen, so she goes through. She is in the episode! Then the portal closes and the machine falls to pieces. I might put a rescue scene in there where the girl is in the path of a piece and Michael saves her. The scientist is killed, even though KITT tried to save him. They look for the blue prints to put it back together and find that some pieces are damaged, so they must find those. They go looking for the pieces and they eventually find them all. She acts a little different than they are used to and she talks about things that don't even exist yet. When they finally put the machine back together, it is very emotional for her to leave her new friends. When she comes back, she replays the video and it is an entirely different thing! So no one will ever know...
I had a similar idea awhile ago, but I scrapped it because I couldn't find a good ending. I changed some things, and voila! I created an idea that I might be able to change into a great story. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks of my idea.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Sounds interesting! How old is the girl? I am picturing someone in their teens. It's all in how you write it. So ake your time to make sure you get everything into it that you want to.

Good luck!

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Wow oh wow and oh my! LOL! That was great! It was kinda funny when she kinda kissed him too. I can't wait until the next one! What exactly can they do with Attack Mode with her restrictions?

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Lynda414 wrote:Sounds interesting! How old is the girl? I am picturing someone in their teens. It's all in how you write it. So take your time to make sure you get everything into it that you want to.

Good luck!
Yes, she is going to be about my age. It makes it much simpler to write about feelings that I know and have everyday. I will post it somewhere when I finish. I always rush to get stuff done, maybe slowing down will help me think of good stuff to add. Thanks for the advice!