I saw the new KARR

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Re: I saw the new KARR

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:12 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:
Lost Knight wrote: Then this would lead to a whole new slew of questions, a lot of which might not ever be answered. For one, why would Graiman choose to build another prototype with the same acronym, which coincidentally would also turn out to go bad?
I think you're missing the point. In this version of Knight Rider, the Trans Am KARR never existed. They are playing with the timeline. Let's not get too hung up on the name, it is what it is. I'm hoping that very soon everyone will be able to see what I saw and nobody will care what the robot is called; they'll just be excited to see a bad-ass villain in an upcoming episode.
Hopefully that's not true. Big mistake if they're messing with the original timeline. There's absolutely no reason for this.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:18 am

knightriderfan80 wrote:OK...so if the Trans Am version of KARR never existed then how would Hoff explain what he faced with KI2T in the original series?? There has to be an existence otherwise you might as well say KI2T never existed... The story has to continue from the original... especially since KI2T and "another KARR" was mentioned in the new series...

I don't get it, this is rather confusing... There has to be some continuity and this doesn't make sense...

I do understand that there is a NEW, totally different KARR now, but to say the 80's KARR never existed completely screws everything up.

How could they even include the HOFF and call him Traceurs father??? They might as well just have forgotten the whole Original Series...
I looked at the second link too and again no specific statement saying the Trans Am versions never existed but they do say it's part of the original story so yes Trans Am KARR did exist. The new KARR would probably resemble his former vehicle in color combination only. I guess a two tone black and silver GT500KR maybe. I know he will be a Mustang but what exact model of Mustang I have no idea, the original was the exact same car as KITT so it's logical to assume this new KARR will be the same car too. I'll wait and see.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:18 am

So did I :shock:
It's really really really really cool!
I totally forgot to ask about the CPU. But what I did see was really an amazing tribute to the original series in many ways. *Sue covers her mouth and screams out secrets* Hummmphfmppppmmmm!!!!
I think after watching the episode you all are going to be so blown away that those other things wont matter.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:20 am

Sue wrote:So did I :shock:
It's really really really really cool!
I totally forgot to ask about the CPU. But what I did see was really an amazing tribute to the original series in many ways. *Sue covers her mouth and screams out secrets* Hummmphfmppppmmmm!!!!
I think after watching the episode you all are going to be so blown away that those other things wont matter.
Is the new KARR a car though?
Last edited by KnightRiderKR on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:20 am

I surrender.

When the show airs in January, we will find out more about who and what KARR is. Then when we have more information we can sort it all out.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:28 am

Is KARRs voice at least the original?? heh

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:30 am

knightriderfan80 wrote:Is KARRs voice at least the original?? heh
I just hope he's still a friggin automobile. I bet the robot pics were concept images that they had in mind when they were designing KARR but scrapped that because it's not practical.

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:33 am

Not a fan of playing loose continuity. If you aren't going to stick to things, than restart from scratch. No counting anything of TOS if you're going to pick and choose.

I am severely disappointed that it isn't even the same A.I. as the original KARR. Him being a transformer only held my interest if it was the original AI transferred into it. Without that, it's just another over-the-top piece of ludicrisness. I fail to see why they were afraid to tap into some real, tangible TOS mythology for a couple of episodes and have an old villain come back. That's the kind of thing I want to see in a "sequel," the use of continuity.

If this new continuity had no KARR in the 80s, they'd better make that clear (kind of dumb for a retcon by now, isn't it?), otherwise it's going to be a case of idiocy on Graiman's part to make the same mistake TWICE.

And this only proves that the use of the name "KARR" was a deliberate bait-and-switch to tease us fans of the original. If it's not KARR, why call him that? I prefer fan service that is actually, you know, fan service. Not pretend fan service.

I wouldn't care about it, but they called him KARR, setting up certain expectations. If would be as if TKR had called KRO "KARR" instead, and was actually the same character we ended up getting.
Last edited by Mike Knight on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
One man can make a difference....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:35 am

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with KARR being voiced by someone else, we already had Peter Cullen and chances of his coming back to do KARR again are slim to none, which is only slightly better than the chance of Paul Frees returning.... As long as the voice isn't Kilmer's. But just as long as he sounds evil/sinister sounding I'm fine with it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:38 am

Sue, I think the details really do matter. But I'll give it a rest until the show can air. The last thing we need is negativity and complaints about stuff that's speculation at this point, especially given the fragile state of the series.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 am

Mike Knight wrote:Not a fan of playing loose continuity. If you aren't going to stick to things, than restart from scratch. No counting anything of TOS if you're going to pick and choose.

I am severely disappointed that it isn't even the same A.I. as the original KARR. Him being a transformer only held my interest if it was the original AI transferred into it. Without that, it's just another over-the-top piece of ludicrisness. I fail to see why they were afraid to tap into some real, tangible TOS mythology for a couple of episodes and have an old villain come back. That's the kind of thing I want to see in a "sequel," the use of continuity.

If this new continuity had no KARR in the 80s, they'd better make that clear (kind of dumb for a retcon by now, isn't it?), otherwise it's going to be a case of idiocy on Graiman's part to make the same mistake TWICE.
I'm thinking its the same KARR as before he's just been in a desolate place for a very long time. His blac box has a blinking light on it so he'll probably reimerge again. Same sadistic sob, different model of car. Hopefully.

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 am

All im saying is, that if KARR never existed before, then basically KI2T and Michael Knight Sr. never existed either... Its just so stupid to erase a BIG part of TOS and expect good continuity. Hoff making his cameo as Justins father, the talk about KI2T from the past and the comment of Graiman saying he "doesn't want another KARR". I mean come on! This isn't great news, its just more of the same from GST... ugh.

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 am

KnightRiderKR wrote: I'm thinking its the same KARR as before he's just been in a desolate place for a very long time. His blac box has a blinking light on it so he'll probably reimerge again. Same sadistic sob, different model of car. Hopefully.
That's just wishful thinking. Michael visited the set, and is in the know. He said it's not the same KARR, unless he's yanking chains, which I doubt, knowing Michael. Never been one to lie.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 am

Mike Knight wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote: I'm thinking its the same KARR as before he's just been in a desolate place for a very long time. His blac box has a blinking light on it so he'll probably reimerge again. Same sadistic sob, different model of car. Hopefully.
That's just wishful thinking. Michael visited the set, and is in the know. He said it's not the same KARR, unless he's yanking chains, which I doubt, knowing Michael. Never been one to lie.
Do you know if KARR is still an automobile?
Last edited by KnightRiderKR on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:46 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Personally, I have absolutely no problem with KARR being voiced by someone else, we already had Peter Cullen and chances of his coming back to do KARR again are slim to none, which is only slightly better than the chance of Paul Frees returning.... As long as the voice isn't Kilmer's. But just as long as he sounds evil/sinister sounding I'm fine with it.
I though Paul Frees had passed away? Peter Cullen would be the logical choice to voice KARR, or KARR-E.

:karr:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:49 am

KnightRiderKR wrote: Do you know if KARR is still an automobile?
Michael covered all of this earlier in the thread. Yes, he is both an automobile and a robot. He transforms. So really, a car is just his hidden form.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:58 am

Vegasmike wrote:
I though Paul Frees had passed away? Peter Cullen would be the logical choice to voice KARR, or KARR-E.

He did, that's why I said that the chance of Peter Cullen coming back is only slightly better as he's likely locked up tight with Paramount and Transformers. But there's really no reason to use him since KARR shouldn't have the same voice either way.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:03 am

karr-threat.jpg
karr-threat.jpg (68.7 KiB) Viewed 16181 times

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:05 am

something about that picture that doesnt impress me at all...

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:08 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
Vegasmike wrote:

He did, that's why I said that the chance of Peter Cullen coming back is only slightly better as he's likely locked up tight with Paramount and Transformers. But there's really no reason to use him since KARR shouldn't have the same voice either way.
Good point Phoenix, KI3T has a different voice why not KARR. I just hope the show lasts long enough for us to find out. Money talks, and it's very loud lately.

Oh, my 100th post :mrgreen:
:kitt: :kitt2:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:10 am

knightriderfan80 wrote:something about that picture that doesnt impress me at all...
I WISH I could post a full-rendered image. But I can't. This is the best I can do for now. But I am telling you, I saw KARR and it made me excited. Sue saw KARR, and she got excited. Can't wait.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:11 am

Mike Knight wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote: Do you know if KARR is still an automobile?
Michael covered all of this earlier in the thread. Yes, he is both an automobile and a robot. He transforms. So really, a car is just his hidden form.
Ugh transformers..... :roll:
Michael Pajaro wrote:
knightriderfan80 wrote:something about that picture that doesnt impress me at all...
I WISH I could post a full-rendered image. But I can't. This is the best I can do for now. But I am telling you, I saw KARR and it made me excited. Sue saw KARR, and she got excited. Can't wait.
In that case it better be pretty damn good.

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:15 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:

I will trust what you say im just not happy overall about the continuity from TOS.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:20 am

Hey Mike,
First congratulations on getting to visit the set and see the clip of KARR.

Based on what I have heard from you, Deanna,GST and Justin its seems KARR is the focal point that just might save the show.

First let me ask this: Am I correct in the statement that this Knight Rider although inspired by the original Knight Rider is NOT a continuation of the original Michael Knights legacy, but instead is a re-imagined work with Justin playing Michael Knight not MK Jr, but Michael Knight.

Second, after your visit to the set and speaking with the individuals there, seeing what you saw.. Keeping in mind ratings are the real deciding factor, what would you estimate the chances of the show seeing a second season?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Hey Mike,
First congratulations on getting to visit the set and see the clip of KARR.

Based on what I have heard from you, Deanna,GST and Justin its seems KARR is the focal point that just might save the show.

First let me ask this: Am I correct in the statement that this Knight Rider although inspired by the original Knight Rider is NOT a continuation of the original Michael Knights legacy, but instead is a re-imagined work with Justin playing Michael Knight not MK Jr, but Michael Knight.

Second, after your visit to the set and speaking with the individuals there, seeing what you saw.. Keeping in mind ratings are the real deciding factor, what would you estimate the chances of the show seeing a second season?
He is still MK's son. Remember "my father's real name was Michael Long"? And by "real name" we can assume that MK had his identity changed, so at the very least, KOTP would be in-continuity.

It's reasonable to assume the basics are still the same. Michael Long was shot in the face and given a new face and identity as Michael Knight, and teamed up with the Knight Industries Two Thousand. But apparently, that's all we can count on, unfortunately.