Knight Rider Season Reduced - from 22 to 17

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ghidorah15
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider Season Reduced - from 22 to 17

Post by ghidorah15 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:32 am

Grrr...what is it with these people jumping to conclusions? Thank goodness some of the comments showed sense.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 am

It really is time for reality shows to die... *sigh*
Maybe it's the frustration as a scifi fan that once again crap like that just sort of multiplies while die-hard addicted (and loyally back to tune in week-after-week-after-week) watchers of creative Sci-Fi shows like Stargate: Atlantis which gets all sorts of awards and quite good ratings is killed off in it's prime (by the suits who apparently only want one new Stargate show on at a time with the new one coming), when there's already a shortage of futuristic scifi on television let alone on the Sci-Fi Channel itself.

They took a really short sample size after the Obama political interruption for the episode reduction so soon after ordering the full 9 (though I guess apparently people are talking about the reduction being based on cost cutting with the bad economy).

I only hope that 4 episodes after the "changes" are enough for NBC to notice even a relative spike in viewership if fans get more invested in the show in addition to a respectable jump in viewership numbers. Hopefully if the changes show promise, and a closer tie to the tighter focus of the man and his car as they have been saying (as in original KR), and some of the "good suggestions" in the various KR2008 Recommendations threads from the fans earn them a second season, that's usually when shows first begin to hit their stride so I hope they don't pull the plug for previous ratings if the show ends on a high note with possibilities or positive buzz that they are going in the right direction with the new changes.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 pm

neps wrote:One site is already asking it's readers what NBC should cut to make room for Jay. Knight Rider is one of the victims, go here and DO NOT vote for Knight Rider - vote for anything else!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/12/09/wh ... chuck/9340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I voted for "heroes". i'm so evil.... :twisted:
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:06 pm

check this out

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/when-will-canc ... he-air--54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:check this out

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/when-will-canc ... he-air--54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those dont mean anything. MSN did the same thing weeks ago. It's just "reporters" jumping the gun and clinging to the "Bash Knight Rider" bandwagon. It's kinda sad that people dont have more important things to rant about.
It's a show about a talking car, it's not trying to revolutionize the world, it's there for 40 minutes of escaping reality. Sigh.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:09 pm

hope u r right