They needed David Hasselhoff

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightofthephoenix
Operative

They needed David Hasselhoff

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:20 am

I know some of you will strongly disagree with me, but he really should have been in a Devon-type role in this series. I'm pretty sure the big case against this last summer was that including him would hurt the development of the new characters. Look at the irony in that now.

Justin Bruening and KITT are clearly the main stars of this series. But having David involved on at least a part-time basis would have fired up the fan base, peaked the curiosity of TOS viewers and more. The sad part is that unlike a lot of other actors, he still likes and wants to be involved in Knight Rider.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: They needed David Hasselhoff

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 pm

i totally agree with you on bringing hasselhoff on as the boss like devon was in the original series, i hope they do that with the reboot, because in my opinion that is the only thing that can save kr08
in glen larson we trust.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:33 am

I hope so too, even though it might be too late at this point. I'm still very confused with the decision to get rid of Charles Graiman. Unless they really are planning to bring back Michael Knight, I can't see this being a good move.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:59 am

Unless they make a long arc with Graiman's death and not make that event an "event of the week to be forgotten the following week" thing. And maybe put Hasselhoff in that arc as Mike's mentor after he lost hope and lost sight of the way after Graiman's death (and maybe Torres and Carrie's deaths too? How else the writers are going to write them off the series?).
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:06 pm

I just really hope they do the Multiple Story Arc as GST stated he wanted to do if he had DH back! Not just some silly cameo or guest star, but to use him for something good! I can clearly see how GST wants to use him for a good story line and incorporate it and not just throw him in there and say here I am. Of course have him with KI2T!

Joe

Antonio
Volunteer

Post by Antonio » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:40 pm

How do you realize about KITT 2K? It sounds a little bit old-style, isn't it?

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:30 pm

But don't you think if he was gonna be in this show, we'd have heard by now? It's beyond anyone's control now, here or otherwise, weather this show lasts or not. If people begin to watch, it will last, and if they do not the show will be cancelled; it's beyond the writers, us, here, and it's beyond the Hoff, at this point.