Interview with Knight Rider writers

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Interview with Knight Rider writers

Post by Sue » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:10 am

As you guys know Knight Rider was gracious enough to allow me to come on set for the filming of episode 17. While I was there I bumped into two of the writers and we compared notes on juicy gossip.
Check out the video on the news page.
http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... riters.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Rachel and Teresa you guys are the best :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: Interview with Knight Rider writers

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:59 am

I keep getting this message.
Sorry, the creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it to this domain.

This is a Vimeo Plus feature.
Never had this before today.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 am

So the show ia not cancelled,but we should still send letters to NBC??!!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:10 am

Well done Sue. Lets see what the reboot brings us as everyone is pinning hopes on it to get us a season 2 :good:

I think what GST meant by that letter comment is that yes the show is not cancelled but we are not out of the woods yet.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:00 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:I keep getting this message.
Sorry, the creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it to this domain.

This is a Vimeo Plus feature.
Never had this before today.
I get that too on Firefox. Works on IE though.

And, well done Sue!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:17 am

Sorry you guys are having issues. SHould be working OK now. Are you guys using any firewalls or norton?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 am

Neil - works on Firefox now. Whatever you did - thanks!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:56 am

Wow Sue! Great job, you must have been like a kid in a candy store!

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Great work Sue!but sadly the writers are female(not against females but they should be writing sitcoms etc KR is not there thing i guess).Neither did they hint us about something great that is gonna take place.

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Sterling job, Sue. I'm so bloomin' envious! :good:
Love child of The Hoff.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Thank You, Neil. I can watch it and the GST interview. It works.

Good job, Sue on snagging the interview. They seemed really nice.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Knight4life wrote:Great work Sue!but sadly the writers are female(not against females but they should be writing sitcoms etc KR is not there thing i guess).Neither did they hint us about something great that is gonna take place.

Wow, do you have any idea how bad that sounds? :roll: That's like saying females should be in the kitchen baking cookies, not in the garage using power tools. And of course they're not going to share any details or spoil anything.

I didn't care for I Wanna Rock & Roll All Night (obviously from all my posts mentioning it) either due to all the boring and out of place "sexual tension" that was really unneeded but at least to me, felt so strong that everything else seemed to take a backseat to Sarah and Mike needing to get laid and IMO ruined the episode. The shower scene could have been totally cut after their sparring session and then we could have been lead to believe they took care of it off screen without being obvious about it and then dropped it for the rest of the episode to keep focus on the main story. Of course then there wouldn't be any point of Sarah going with Mike but that's fine since then KITT could have kept the role of being Mike's partner and not just a prop or third wheel and done more than the smothering the bomb, which I think we all liked. Though Sarah going along still could have worked (I'd probably miss the "never really alone" exchange between Sarah and Mike with Billy and Zoe watching) too without again, their need to get some. I think the episode would have been a lot more interesting if they stuck with what Charles was saying to Torres and explored that a little as a side story instead of the Mike/Sarah thing will Zoe and Billy betting on the side. Other things would have had to also be reworked or flat out changed but the story did have potential, it just unfortunately didn't reach it. Maybe things were changed from the original draft and with the direction the show was going it wouldn't surprise me, I think I could see that happening.

Hopefully they do get another shot at another script if they haven't already and they can prove they can do better than the first episode. It's nice to know they were fans of the original series, I wonder what their favorite episode(s) is. It was funny hearing their mention never getting a straight answer from GST since some of us have said the same thing. :lol: Good to know it's not just us. :mrgreen:

I also can't shake this feeling that I've seen both of them before somewhere.....

Anyway, nice work Sue, especially going into this likely unprepared. :good: Also thanks to Jamie since if he hadn't been there the day before we probably wouldn't have anything.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Knight4life wrote:Great work Sue!but sadly the writers are female(not against females but they should be writing sitcoms etc KR is not there thing i guess).Neither did they hint us about something great that is gonna take place.
thats probably why the storylines are so horrible and we are getting so many inmature flirting and sex scenes between billy and zoe and mike and sarah. they are more interested in that than the car stunts that we all want to see.
in glen larson we trust.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Easy with the sexism people. I know alot of women that have more balls then alot of the men in NYC so to judge them simply for their sex is completely unfair and not welcomed here.

Excellent work on the interview Sue!

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:08 pm

I've never liked sexism and sexists, and I'm not about to start liking them now. Knock it off, guys--please.

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:50 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: Also thanks to Jamie since if he hadn't been there the day before we probably wouldn't have anything.
Hey, thanks for the that! Sue did all the work though!