Fan Fiction Challenges

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:36 am

Just a little reminder to all of you that two fan fic challenges still remain out there, and are eligible for the Edwards if you get them in before Oct. 31st. Last time I checked, Knightshade and I were still sponsoring them, to be put up at our sites.

The first is the April Departure Challenge - Write the scene and reasoning where April Departs from the Foundation before Bonnie comes back.

We have only one story written for this challenge: Tragedy Call by Knightimmortal

The second challenge is called: Make Maddock Suffer. Where you come up with some way to torture Maddock from KR2K, either emotionally, or physically.

There are two submissions for this challenge:
Make Maddock Suffer by Knightshade
The View of a Woman by Knightimmortal

If your submissions are over 1,000 words, it is suggested that you put it up on a site, rather than on this board, and provide a link. If you do not have a site, contact us at krfoundation@yahoo.com and we will find a home for it.

Come on, you know you want to do this. This is too open and easy, let's show how this fan fic community works, shall we? Write!!!

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by jup » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:59 am

April showers.

By: jup.

One day at the Foundation HQ, April Curtis rummages through her personal mail box. In it is an official looking envelope.

She opens it carefully with a gleem in her eye. The paper is colored pink with writing on the inside.

April's eyes water up as she gets half way through the letter. Even before she can reach her room to pack, her tear drops begin to stain the expensive carpeting that drapes the hard wood flooring.

The pink slip winds up in a crumpled up ball in April's room amongst her tears.

Fin.

---

OK. That was meant as a joke. But, I couldn't help it. Let's face it. April was...just gone. Like an employee discarded by a heartless business system.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:21 am

LOL!

KI

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightshade » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:08 am

Very funny jup. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] It seems to fit for KR, doesn't it -- summarily fired. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dana Knight
Volunteer

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by Dana Knight » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:34 am

I'm kind of new to this fan fic stuff, I hardly ever read it but I better start making time for it, you guys have some good work.

Well Knightimmortal there is a guy in the Knight-Riders yahoo group named Brian (sorry I don't know his yahoo ID) who is good at writing this stuff just like you guys. I was reading one of his stories about 4 months ago and it was good. It was about how Michael and Bonnie had the day off and there was this movie Michael wanted to see about strong men, sexy women and guns. Well Michael drags Bonnie along with him but its not her cup of tea and half way through the movie she asks him for money to get some popcorn as she going to get it she bumps in a man and drops her money and the guy picks it up, the guy is Garthe Knight and Bonnie looks at him in shock as she hasn't see Garthe since they were teens. Well it goes on how Bonnie's father was a friend of Willton Knight and how Garthe and Bonnie grew up together and where good friends until he changed. Micheal see the together and doesn't know about how they were friends and how they grew up together Devon was the only one who did, but the story was also how Elizabeth Knight was trying to sell K.I.T.T MBS on the market and they find out the Garthe isn't Wilton and Elizabeth's real son. Garthe was Wilton's younger brothe Willam son who's wife and him had when they were 16. The story goes on about how they looking for Wilton's Knight brother who is the only one apart from Elizabeth who knows the forumal to K.I.T.T MBS, because Devon died with out telling someone his part of the forumal. They have to stop Elizabeth from selling it on the market and Bonnie the only one who knows Willam and his wife Melinda Knight has her and Garthe spent alot of weekend at there place when they were kids. But it show how Elizabeth made Garthe so evil because he wasn't her real son (Elizabeth couldn't have kids) and how it was Wilton and his brother created K.I.T.T, his brother but something happeneds that before Michael came to the foundation Wilton and his brother cut off their relationship, his brother was a air force pliot, or something. I got to say the story was real good.
I'll tell him about this board and about the Fan Fiction Challenges you guys have when I see him (I hope thats so), he is real good at it.

By the way good luck with you fan fiction challenges.

Dana

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:48 am

Thank you!

Send him on over! The more, the merrier!

Yes, ladies and gents, I am getting cranky from fic withdrawl. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

CK
Operative

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by CK » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:00 am

You're not the only one who's cranky from withdrawal KI. (grumble growl) I've resorted to reading stories on other topics at fanfiction.net for now.

where's those KR fics everyone?? [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Cheri

KRR
Rookie

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by KRR » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:49 am

"April gets support from Michael"

The day was unusually bright, the heat of the afternoon sun burning into Michael's eyes. He got up from his uncomfortable position and started to walk up the grey ramp to the shade of the FLAG mobile unit, but he stopped halfway up the incline and remembered that Bonnie always loved a clean floor. He wiped his tan leather boots with his shirt sleeve, cleaning off all dust, and then wiped the sleeve on the silver walls of the semi trailer.

"Man," Michael said to himself, "the things I do for Bonnie." He sucked in his gut, stroked a hand through his curly black hair, and prepared to see Bonnie again. 'This time,' he thought, 'I'll say it right to her face. Then she'll have to respond.' He continued walking up the ramp, prepared for Bonnie, but stopped dead in his tracks when the large door opened, revealing April standing next to a pink golf cart.

"What...the...hell..." Michael started, unable to catch his breath.

"Oh, hello Michael," Devon said as he walked out from behind the cart. "We thought we'd keep it a surprise, but now I'm afraid you've walked in on us."

"What is all this?" Michael asked. "Where's KITT?"

"Oh,KITT? That car?" Devon said. "He was getting a bit old, so we melted him down and destroyed his CPU. This here"-he made a sweeping gesture with his hand at the bright pink golf cart-"is the new car, KITT-E, a female version of the old one."

The sounds that escaped Michael's mouth indicated that he was either being strangled or had received rather bad news.

"But, but, but..." he started, but was cut off by Devon.

"Oh, one more thing. From now on you are to drive the semi wherever we want; Reginauld Cornelius will take your place in the driver program. I hope you don't mind."

"Noooooooo!" Michael shouted, rising suddenly and painfully from the back seat of the Trans Am.

"Michael, Michael what is it? What's the matter?" KITT asked, alarmed. April, who had been monitoring KITT's systems from the other side of the semi, rushed over to see what had happened. She caught the two partners in mid-speech.

"Oh, KITT. It was an awful dream. It was so horrible. I dreamed that there was this red headed bimbo who replaced Bonnie."

"Oh, Michael. That is awful. There, there," said KITT, soothingly.

April Curtis ran out of the semi in tears.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by jup » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:26 pm

One man can make a difference, Michael.

Michael Knight. A lone guardian in a world where nothing ever happens. Protector of merchandise that never moves from intruders that never appear.

Sole employee for the Knight Watch...

SadArticle
Operative

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by SadArticle » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:31 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>
OK. That was meant as a joke. But, I couldn't help it. Let's face it. April was...just gone. Like an employee discarded by a heartless business system.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that! I started an April-departure scene - it seemed only fair, after contributing one for Bonnie - but I couldn't think of a single original reason! All that came into my head was a scene of betrayal, with April hearing second-hand that Bonnie would be returning. I mean, Bonnie only agreed at the last minute, with both Michael and Devon in San Francisco with her. Was April relegated to the past beforehand? Michael didn't say that he wished April was around to help, but Bonnie, after a year of never once mentioning her name. April certainly wasn't invited to San Francisco.

Oh, I know:

"Is that make-up, Devon?"
"What?" The older man rushed, his fingers self-consciously raising to cover his left eye.
"You're wearing cosmetics?" Michael scoffed.
"Keep your voice down!" Devon ordered, cupping Michael's elbow and ushering him to one side. He then seemed to react to his hold on Michael's jacket, and dropped his arms to his sides. "It's necessary, so as not to cast the wrong impression about myself, or indeed the Foundation."
Devon had hoped to lose Michael in a sea of long words and roundabout phrasing, but he saw that he had failed as a smile began to twitch on the other man's lips.
"Are you hiding a black eye? Did somebody give you a shiner?"
Devon cleared his throat, and averted his eyes, suddenly interested in his leather shoes. "It was a misunderstanding."
"Who?"
"She suddenly exploded, caterwauling about not being my property, and that she could walk without support, and didn't have to be lead from room to room -"
"April?" Michael spat. "April did this? Is that why she left, with no explanation, no letter of resignation? She thumped you?"
Devon merely pressed at his eye with one wandering hand.

OK, a little far-fetched, but she would have earned the right! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sarah

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:20 pm

ROFL!!! Keep them coming ladies and gents, and when you do, tell us whether or not you want them archived at a website for Edwards consideration!

I'm feeling a whole lot better now! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

KRR
Rookie

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by KRR » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:55 pm

Why not! Mine's now archived at www.KnightRiderReturns.com/fanfic/aprilchallenge.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>...tell us whether or not you want them archived at a website for Edwards consideration!

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: KRR ]

Dana Knight
Volunteer

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by Dana Knight » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:27 am

knightimmortal something must be working for you. Brian came online last night and I told him about the fan fiction challenges. The sad thing is he doesn't have that much time anymore, but theres a but we both had 1/2 hour to kill so we both wrote something up. Its the first time I have done something like this so it might not be that grand. I'll post it in couple of hours, I just take a page off my site.

Dana Knight

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:52 am

Awesome!!! Now this is more like it! We have a real challenge now!!

(You'll have to pardon me, I was getting real worried.)

*runs around giddy*

knightimmortal

Dana Knight
Volunteer

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by Dana Knight » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:46 am

Ok this one is by Me and Brian.
Hope you guys like it. Its called The Love Letter

Dana

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Ms Garthe Knight ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:48 am

*falls off chair giggling*

That is great! I love how it flows and just gets April in deeper and deeper! Very nicely done!!!

Keep em coming! (Maddock is particularly fun to torture, by the way, if you want a hint for more fic. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by jup » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:36 am

On April mornings, the Bluebird seeks only the two-toned worms.

By: jup

It was 8:18 a.m. as a dark semi emblemed only with a chess piece made its way down the winding roads of Southern California. Inside the semi, a woman held a glowing staff and a wrench as she lay underneath a black vehicle. She reached up with the wrench and caused a shower of sparks to momentarily form. With a flinch of pain and a couple words spoken, she continued on in her work.

Another voice echoed off the interior walls of the semi. It said, "Circuit fuse number six has just been blown. I am in danger of losing my hydraulic controls!"

The woman listened to the spoken words without slowing down in her work. And then, almost as an automated response, she retorted, "Sorry, Kitt. But, I need the space to add in your new jet pressurizer system. Can I help it if your auxillery power supply is in the way?"

"You know that without that power supply, I become vulnerable to brownout." mentioned the voice coming from inside the car.

"Don't worry, Kitt." said the woman. "I've already found a new spot for it. After all, you don't need windshield washers after you got this..."

"No....no windshield washers?!?" screamed the disembodied voice. "But...how will I ever get clean, again. Surely, you do not expect me to use a common car wash!?!"

Crank, crank, crank. The woman tightened down a couple lugnuts before causing another series of sparks to rain down upon the floor.

This caused the voice to speed up a few notches in complaint. "AprilIAmGoingToLodgeAFormalComplaintAgainstYouToTheTrippleAForAutomobileAbuse. ThisIsAbsoluteUnauthrizdTortre...Michl.HelMeINedYu."

The woman yanked out the power supply module and the disembodied voice went away.

A couple hours later, the jet pressurizer device was in place and the woman was preparing to run a real world test on it. She commanded the semi to pull over. And, so it did and lowered the rear door. She manually drove the car out onto the soft, green grass and aimed the nose of the car at a nearby tree. She reached for a button marked Jets and a crosshair popped up on the screen. With a little operation of the keypad, she locked the crosshairs upon the tree trunk, then pressed the Jets button again.

With a wizzing sound coming from below the hood, a concentrated stream of water struck out from the car's nose, striking the tree trunk with such force that a hole was burrowed through 1 centimeter around through the center of the tree.

The voice, once again speaking, sarcastically commented, "I am suppose to be a car of the future and not a water park attraction.

More later, perhaps...

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightshade » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:54 pm

I swear, my life gets busy and I go away and suddenly there are fics again. Yay.

SadArticle: ROTFLMAO!!! Death, by leading someone around by the elbow. Funny story about that, a coworker told me how he had to go to sensitivity training many years ago. They actually had a stick drawing of a woman's body and color coded the parts of her body green, yellow, and red to show if you were allowed to touch them or not. The right elbow was green (for okay), because of the fact that that was considered the appropriate way to lead a woman around in the olden days. And of course I thought of your complaint about Devon doing that to April. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

KRR: Very funny. I love the bit about RC replacing Michael. ::evil Monty Burns voice:: Excellent. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jup: Ahh, yes the useless real world test of the week. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Hilarious. Please do write more.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:31 pm

I figured that this thread deserved another chance.

Time is now starting to run short, ladies and gents. If you would like to answer this, or any other fan fic challenge, you had better get writin'!

knightimmortal

Janeway
Recruit

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by Janeway » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>I figured that this thread deserved another chance.

Time is now starting to run short, ladies and gents. If you would like to answer this, or any other fan fic challenge, you had better get writin'!

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, why not....

just to continue the silliness. Lets see if any of you get this reference...

What is Behind This Control

The heavy oaken door to Devon's office creaked shut behind her as April entered slowly. She had been summoned in a hurry, so hadn't had much time to change into something anything more respectable than her grease-smeared overalls.
Devon sat behind his desk as usual, chatting with three guests, two men and a woman. April couldn't help but notice that the older man of the group was in a wheelchair. She wondered if they were potential clients for the Foundation...but if that were true, then why had Devon sent for her instead of Michael?

"Ah, April." Devon smiled as he stood up and waved a hand at his three guests. "I'd like you to meet some friends of mine. May I introduce Team Pole Position?"

The three people sat at Devon's desk turned to face her. April almost blushed as she noticed that the other man in the group, a handsome young blonde man, was regarding her with open admiration. She shook off her embaressment and tried to concentrate on Devon's introductions. She had, of course, heard of Team Pole Position. They were famous stunt drivers and racers. Often competing in show races and other dramtic events. Other rumours circulated about them fighting crime on the side...but April rarely listened to rumour.

"This is Dr Zachary Darret, he's the head of the Pole Position Project," Devon said, and the white-haired man in the wheelchair smiled at her.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Curtis. We've heard a lot about your work here." His voice was soft and deep.

April managed to mumble her own pleasentries, but her eyes kept drifting to the young man, noticing now how similar this features were to both the young woman and the older man.

"...and these two are Tess and Dan Darret. The two lead drivers for the project."

April blinked.
"I'm sorry, are you all related?"

"Indeed we are." Dr Zachary chuckled, "These two trouble-makers are my niece and nephew."

"Trouble-makers? Us?" Dan protested in mock horror, "We're always on our best behaviour, isn't that right, Tess?" He said, elbowing his sister lightly.

Tess, a young woman with a shock of black hair, just laughed, "Whatever you say, Dan."

"Now you sound like Roadie." Dan grumbled lightly. April smiled. He sounded just like Michael.

"Before this gets anymore out of hand," Dr Zachary interrupted, "We should state the reason we called you up here, Miss Curtis."

"Indeed." Devon concurred, waving April to the remaining spare seat, "The Pole Position project is partially funded by the Foundation," He began, "And they use some Knight Industries technology in thier endevours. But they've run into some problems lately with thier flagship vehicles.

"What kind of problems?" April asked, intrigued almost in spite of herself.

"To be perfectly frank, Miss Curtis," Zachary said, "We don't have anyone cpable of diagnosing and fixing problems with an AI computer."

April gasped, "AI? You have AI units in your cars?" Things fell into place. They wanted to hire her.

Zachary leaned towards her slightly.
"We would like you to join our team. Your work record is exemplary, and you have proven yourself vary capable of handling emergency situations. We need your skills."

April turned her stunned gaze to Devon.
"But...what...what about..." She stuttered.

"Kitt has dozens of technical support staff capable of handling whatever problems crop up. Pole Position has no-one with your versatility and skill."

"We do have to travel around a lot, and it would look far too suspicious if we brought in a full team of cyberneticists on top of out regular maintainance crew." Tess chimed in.

"This is a ver important project, April." Devon said, "One that requires both delicacy and skill. I believe you to have those talents."

April ran a hand through her hair trying to gather up her scattered emotions. She took a deep breath.
"I...accept."

They all smiled. Then Dan reached out to take her hand.
"C'mon, i'll take you to meet your new patiants...Roadie and Wheels."

THE END

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightshade » Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:55 pm

Heh heh heh, Pole Position, huh? Very clever, Janeway. That fits perfectly.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:19 pm

*falls off chair laughing*

Ok, KOSI, that was evil, but I LOVE IT!!! Now THAT is sweet revenge!!

knightimmortal

KOSI
Recruit

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by KOSI » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:46 am

Okay, this was something I typed up on a whim at school, but it's halfways decent...

Knight Rider 2000: Plastic Surgery
by
KOSI

Russel Maddock pauses before stepping into the Knight Industries garage, expecting to find everything as he had ordered, the new car outfitted with the reprogrammed 4000 CPU, to replace Kitt, who had made the choice to go into a form of retirement, as a form of personal bodyguard and advisor to FLAG's new assistant director of field operations, Micheal Knight. He thinks back to earlier that week, when Kitt had made the request.
"Mister Maddock, if you have no objections, the Four Thousand CPU only needs minor alterations to make it on par with me in every respect. I would like to request that the Four Thousand CPU be updated and placed in a body shell so I can go back to doing what I do best." Kitt's cool voice says from the speakers embedded in the dashboard of the Four Thousand.
"What do you mean, Kitt, of course I'd want the Four Thousand back in commission, it was my brainchild... What do you mean about doing what you do best, aren't you designed and programmed for the work you do?" Maddock asks.
"I was designed and programmed with one goal being the work I do, but what I was created to do, and do best, is to be a partner to Micheal Knight. He has told me over the phone that he would take over the position left open after your promotion to Chief Director of Field Operations if he could work with me. In fact, he happens to be in the garage. Shall I drop you at your office?" Kitt asks
"Let's see... we've got a good amount of the red MBS, and even more of the black, we just took delivery of two tube-frame Banshee replicas minus drivelines... Go ahead. Beg, borrow, or scavenge as many parts as you need to from other projects, get KIFT into my car with the Four Thousand systems, and get yourself into a car of Micheal's choosing." Maddock had said, excited.
As he steps in, he prepares himself for a once in a lifetime sight, and he gets it... He walks in to find Kitt in a jet black 2002 Pontiac Trans-Am, restyled as a labour of love by Micheal Knight himself.
"Kift's out on the obstacle course, doing extremely well considering all the retrofitting we had to do to get him into your car." Micheal says, climbing out of the gorgeous black Trans-Am.
Maddock walks out of the garage and onto the observation platform, and faints at the sight of the old Daihatsu Charade he uses to commute speeding around the track as well as it can. As he falls to the ground, a Pontiac Banshee rolls out of the shadows and catches him on it's hood.
"Now that was just plain mean... But it was funny!" the reprogrammed KIFT chuckles, voice warm with all the emotion it formerly lacked.

(Typo removed, formatting error corrected, 9/23/02)

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: KOSI ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Fiction Challenges

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:33 pm

Okies, I will kick this to the top one last time. Anybody who wants their story to still be eligible to compete in the Edwards, you have eight days to get it out for us and onto a website. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal