Did anyone have this?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Did anyone have this?

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 pm

I Just came accross this pic, i completely forgot this was even made!
Attachments
BigWheel KITT.jpg
BigWheel KITT.jpg (31.08 KiB) Viewed 16327 times
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: Did anyone have this?

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh my Gosh Mike, that is sooo funny. No, I have not seen it before now. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
Where did you find it? Do they still produce them? If they ever make an adult size one, I would have a new exercise bike.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 pm

LOL! I found the pic while searching Google images.
I believe it was made back in the 80's. Woulden't it be fun to have a "grown up" version to play with.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:22 pm

I could see me riding up and down the street in it getting weird looks from the neighbor kids.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Just stick your toung out at them! :wink:
Call me Mike.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:55 pm

I am proud to say I had one. Was too young to remember exactly where we got it from but I believe it was either an auction or yard sale. They had a hand brake type thing which would lock up one of the rear wheels and you could do a 180 or if you were really good a 360. Unfortunetely my "burning out" and sliding of the thing eventually chewed up the plastic wheels and made big holes in them making it unrideable. I can only assume it was trashed or sold off at a yard sale sometime later. The funny thing is the 3 wheeler had nothing to do with me getting into KR. I didn't even realize the one I had was related to KR until many years later. Makes me wished I still had it and could still fit on it.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Volunteer

Post by Avatar » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm

I also had this as a kid. However...I got a hard lesson one day...I wanted to wash my "car" like my parents were and tried to hose the bike off...ALL the decals sprayed off with the dirt...I cried for a while after that haha...oh the good old days!

KnightRyan
Stranger

Post by KnightRyan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 pm

I had a few of them i got one back in the day for a Christmas gift from "Santa". Wore it out in like a months time and then got another for my Birthday that year. I wish i still had one. Damn Memories... Weird part is I never became a true fan of the show till it was in Reruns and my sister got me hooked on it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:10 pm

I had a big wheel but I don't remember what it looked like. :( But I drove that thing all over the place, including making my way several miles from home a couple times which resulted in my getting picked up by police both times. :lol: It wasn't too long after that when I started riding a bike, having more "fun" getting into even more trouble.. Not to mention a rather painful incident that ended up with the bike riding me. :shock: I use to pretend the Big Wheel was KITT and later the bike was too.... O_o

I'm sure I have a pic of the big wheel somewhere, I must find it!
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:19 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I had a big wheel but I don't remember what it looked like. :( But I drove that thing all over the place, including making my way several miles from home a couple times which resulted in my getting picked up by police both times. :lol: It wasn't too long after that when I started riding a bike, having more "fun" getting into even more trouble.. Not to mention a rather painful incident that ended up with the bike riding me. :shock: I use to pretend the Big Wheel was KITT and later the bike was too.... O_o

I'm sure I have a pic of the big wheel somewhere, I must find it!
Ouch Phoenix, i hope you were not hurt too badly.
I never had one of these, but i remember some of the other kids in the neighborhood had it.
Call me Mike.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:52 pm

I had that and the 4 Wheel full KITT replica for kids (trying to find pics). I will never forget I was riding up and down the sidewalk and these lovely brooklyn sidewalks tore a wheel right off the big wheel it was junk. I was soo upset at least now i can have a life size KITT once I find a decent Trans Am.

:kitt:

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:58 pm

nee716 wrote:I had that and the 4 Wheel full KITT replica for kids (trying to find pics). I will never forget I was riding up and down the sidewalk and these lovely brooklyn sidewalks tore a wheel right off the big wheel it was junk. I was soo upset at least now i can have a life size KITT once I find a decent Trans Am.

I remember those. I remember being really dissapointed because I was like 8 or 9 when they came out therefore too old for one.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:34 pm

I had a Sidewinder Big Wheel and thought I was driving KITT with it.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:57 am

I used to have the mini dashboard replica and i would pretend to drive my dads car whille sitting in the back! I loved it until one day my wee brother decided to rip all the wires out the back,and that was the end of that! Also used to have the pedal car,and a small garage with the Knight Rider on the side of it but i dont really know what it had to do with the show!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:21 am

i have tried to bid on a big wheel kitt, that was on ebay canada about two years ago. the bid went over $400
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 am

I remember having this, I loved it. I rode it until the front wheel fell apart. I will say this about the hand break, and trying to do 180s. NEVER try it going down a steep driveway. Yeah, you just might flip the thing, and get a little bloody.
End of line program... -MCP-

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:38 pm

I had that and the dashboard replica and the stunt kitt with tractor trailer rig. I had my own custom made kitt, it was a hot wheels ferrari 308 hardtop painted black and the plastic tongue that was part of the frame stuck out right where kitt's scanner is so that was painted red.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:00 pm

nee716 wrote:I had that and the 4 Wheel full KITT replica for kids (trying to find pics). I will never forget I was riding up and down the sidewalk and these lovely brooklyn sidewalks tore a wheel right off the big wheel it was junk. I was soo upset at least now i can have a life size KITT once I find a decent Trans Am.

I can't wait untill I can get ehough money together to buy my own Trans Am and Mustang. I really can't wait.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Had it...loved it...wore the heck out of it...haha.
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 am

nice wheels man :kitt:

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:32 pm

I had this. It was my 3rd and last big wheel. I even had a fake leather jacket when I was a kid that I liked to wear a lot and wore it with pride on my Knight Rider Big Wheel. Good times!