what is your problem with Knight Rider 2000 scenario?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KidlovingKitt
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

what is your problem with Knight Rider 2000 scenario?

Post by KidlovingKitt » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Why didn't you like Knight Rider 2000 scenario?

I liked the scenario(but i didn't like Devon's death),for me the problem was there was too less action with Kitt-Kift.

_K3000_
Operative

Re: what is your problem with Knight Rider 2000 scenario?

Post by _K3000_ » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 pm

my problem was it wa stupid the only good parts are KITT michael and devon parts! and what were they thinking making KITT red! :evil: and the name KIFT? WTF!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:51 pm

I had no problem with it what so ever. Even Devons death didn't bother me because it seemed to be written in a more serious vein that TOS. They pulled it off in my opinion. If Devon had not had died in that script we would never had any closure to Devon Miles the character because Edward Mullhare died like 6 years later.
I remember the only thing I didn't like was the Knight 4000 vox unit.
I was like 12 or 13 and like "Why the hell is it blue and white?"

About the car being red. I remember feeling a sense of why the hell is it not black, but when the promo started to air, I was like, "I don't care if its red, that badass!"
Looking back on the car it's easy to say things like 'the front end was too long ect. but at the time you have to remember there was nothing out on the road like that.
I heard that they wanted the red banshee because focus groups said that women loved the color red over black, and they were trying to include that demographic as well.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:34 pm

The Banshee did give many styling cues for the 4th gen F-Body...and you did see some of the cues blend in on the last years of the 3rd gen..

we need someone to photoshop the Banshee in solid black...and get Kitt's scanner in there to boot.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:02 am

knight rider 2000 was a whole lot better than kr08, the acting was much better and the show was a lot more serious then kro8, the knight 4000 was an awesome car, much better looking than the mustang, at least they put a lot of effort into making the knight 4000, the only thing that was lacking was they didn't do any stunts, but they dont do any stunts in kr08 either.
in glen larson we trust.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:08 am

what i didn't like about KR2000 was that it was set in some fictional future.
Knight Rider was always about KITT, the car of the future, existing today!
the car of the future being shown in the future just takes away, how advanced KITT really is (or at least should be).
that and that the future shown in KR2000 really wasn't that believable.
i guess that's what it all comes down to: believability! KR82 had it, KR2000 and KR08 not so much. that's why TOS worked so well...

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:57 am

I thought the Kitt from the movie was a dodge stealth with some type of body mods too it. I don't think it was a banshee. The 4th Gen TA were the best looking ones they ever made.

My ride:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:28 am

DevonStyles wrote:I thought the Kitt from the movie was a dodge stealth with some type of body mods too it. I don't think it was a banshee. The 4th Gen TA were the best looking ones they ever made.
Actually, you're both wrong and right. The car used in the movies was a Dodge Stealth with modiications, but was based off of the Banshee. They had initially made a deal with GM to use one of the Banshee concept cars, but at the last minute GM backed off and didn't let them use the car, which left them scrambling to put together a car to use for the 4000.

Here is a link showing the transformation
http://www.kr2k.com/bts1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:39 pm

i actually liked knight rider 2000 and did really like KIFT i just think it should have been black to begin with.
i think as taoworm said above devon's death wasnt a problem for me as it was written well and also i did liek the storylne in general, although one thing that really bugged me was KITT being dismantled

KidlovingKitt
Recruit

Post by KidlovingKitt » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:26 pm

knightprobe89 wrote:knight rider 2000 was a whole lot better than kr08, the acting was much better and the show was a lot more serious then kro8, the knight 4000 was an awesome car, much better looking than the mustang, at least they put a lot of effort into making the knight 4000, the only thing that was lacking was they didn't do any stunts, but they dont do any stunts in kr08 either.
I agree,and also i agree to most of the answers.Kift really look much better than Mustang,even it's red.(although i would like to see Kift in black)

KidlovingKitt
Recruit

Post by KidlovingKitt » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:08 pm

I think they should made the series after Knight Rider 2000 movie.(it was pilot movie) I think just looking at that movie's ratings shouldn't had been enough for deciding not to make the series.

[quote="WIBoomer1" we need someone to photoshop the Banshee in solid black... [/quote]

I can't say that my photoshop knowlodge is good,but i tried to do it.This picture may at least give an idea...

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Here ya go! :D

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Fixed the door part and scanner...

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:42 pm

KIFT looks better in black, however personally i still prefer the classic, sleek look of the TA.
Thanks Taoworm!
:kitt2:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks Vegasmike!

I cleaned it up a bit more
I removed the cop lights on the top, cleaned up the oil or water underneath and to the sides of the car.
I also smoothed out the door some more.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:21 pm

I liked the idea of time going by between the final moments of the original knight rider series and wayyyy ahead into the future where the old team reunites .One man,one car,one head of the foundation for law and government.Well its almost the same as before imagine Devon taking order from Maddock.I liked seeing kitt in a new light as though he weren't state-of-the-art and showing a new baby being pampered and kitt swept under the rug instead of an iconic museum piece as he should have been but as a ratty old prototype.I really liked the reunion between Kitt and Michael in that garage.Devon and Michael's reunion.That's about it for me.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Here is another rare picture of the knight 4000 as it was being painted for the Scare Tatics segment.
I used a photo editor to 'finish painting' the car in the 2nd pic. :lol:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Does anyone have an idea where KIFT is now? I wonder if it will (did) end up like the cars from TOS, left to rust on a back lot somewhere.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Vegasmike wrote:KIFT looks better in black, however personally i still prefer the classic, sleek look of the TA.
Thanks Taoworm!
In all fairness to the car used in KR2000, it was a copy of the Banshee concept.

The Banshee was meant to be a progression of where the F-body (including the T/A) was going in the future, although now (IN the future) its discontinued

the way KITT looked in KR2000 (ignoring the colour) IS the way Pontiac envisaged the Firebird range progressing...

KidlovingKitt
Recruit

Post by KidlovingKitt » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:20 am

I started to think like,Kift in red banshee-mod dodge looks better than Kift in black banshee-mod dodge.

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:16 am

Hmm,personally I didn't have anything against KR2000 as I took it for what it seemed to be ,KR set in the future.Sure looking back at it I can see how it didn't work but at the time I was simply happy to have KR "back on the air".

I even liked Kift in red. Black would have been cooler but was content with red.

Now I need to pull it out of my library and watch it again, I recorded it straight off of tv onto VHS.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:36 pm

"Now I need to pull it out of my library and watch it again, I recorded it straight off of tv onto VHS."

pick up the first season DVD of TOS and watch KR2000 in glorious clarity.
Call me Mike.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
Vegasmike wrote:KIFT looks better in black, however personally i still prefer the classic, sleek look of the TA.
Thanks Taoworm!
In all fairness to the car used in KR2000, it was a copy of the Banshee concept.

The Banshee was meant to be a progression of where the F-body (including the T/A) was going in the future, although now (IN the future) its discontinued

the way KITT looked in KR2000 (ignoring the colour) IS the way Pontiac envisaged the Firebird range progressing...
I could have become used to KITT as a Banshee, agreed black would have been preferable.
I hated the dash and the voice modulator for KIFT though.
:kitt: :kitt2: :dash4:
Call me Mike.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Nothing from kr 2000 felt right. There was some scenes that I enjoyed (devon coming to try and talk michael into coming back to help out and Michael was coming back from fishing) and when Kitt and Michale met up again, liked how kitt sorta saved michael life at the end. The rest of the movie just felt too sci fi even for KR. Cop's with laser guns and a women with a part of kitt implanted in her brain was too much for me. I did like how they used Chevy Berettas as the cop cars, (i used to own two berettas, 1 GTU and 1 base like used in the movie and they were great cars) I thought it was neat for the Beretta to get some "Hollywood" time just wished they would have used an GTU or Indy as they looked better imo. Overall not a horrible movie but not the best either.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:53 pm

I enjoyed elements of Knight Rider 2000- In my opinion I thought that the acting was played out well by both parties from the original series (namely Edward Mulhare and David Hasselhoff) who stayed true to their original characters- not forgetting the voicing of William Daniels. Like yourselves- I too would have wished to have seen more stunts and to see the concept vehicle back as a black car (ideally a trans am). However I recognise that the producers were trying to produce something a little different. I even liked the Jan Hammer intro. However, part of me wished that the writers paid homage to the original styling of the intro.

I thought that the portayal of Devon Miles death scene was played out brilliantly. The reaction by Michael Knight for me demonstrated a view of self blame and true loss and a bond that draws parallels between that of a father and son relationship. For me it was a well portrayed emotional scene

There were parts about the film that bothered me at the time. I did not like the way in which Michael Knights retirement was portrayed and how he departed the foundation to leave flags new recruit taking over the reigns.

If anything I would have liked to see Michael view that it was in his duty to carry on the fight for justice in the wake of Devons death. It would have been good to have a set close with Michael and KITT driving off into the sunset like old times

"We are going home partner" "Where is home Michael? The foundation KITT" (exit-roll end credits)

After George Lucas digitally enhanced the Star Wars films I often thought about the possibilities of a digital recreation of the Knight Rider 2000 film produced in a way that was faithful to the nature of the original show incorporating elements that all fans wanted to see.

Producers nowadays could thoretically chop out the bad elements\ recreate some scenes and use digital editing to fill in the rest of the film using stock footage or old film reels.

Producers could place in a car that would suit this modern age or alternatively use digital enhancement to recreate the Dodge Charger\ Banshee into this day and age. One of the main constraints of this plan would be budget and audience. We know that us Knight Rider faithfuls would want to see such a film but the movie would need to be made to appeal to the wider audience.

This is unlikely to ever become a reality in the wake of a new Knight Rider movie production.

I feel that the fans are more likely to see a recreation of the original mythology in the style of the more recent James Bond or Batmans films