DVD problems

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

David Whiteheart
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

DVD problems

Post by David Whiteheart » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 pm

Have you had any problems with the double sided DVD's? I started watching the first season of KITT the other day again and it started skipping at the end of Knight of the Pheonix. It claimed it was a non-compatible DVD. Granted I stopped it and started it again and went to the main menu and selected the second episode and it seemed to play fine. I looked at the CD and there are two little scratches on it, but no big deal. This DVD player is also on it's last leg as well, and it has had problems reading my doulble sided DVD of Dukes of Hazzard as well. So I don't know if it's the DVD or the player? Does any one have an opinion on this. The last time this happened I had to get a new first season set of KITT, when they were sold in the stores. Now I have to get them online.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: DVD problems

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:16 am

Hey David, I have a couple of my discs freezing up on me. So, some episodes I just do not get to see now. Other episodes on the same disc work just fine. I've read here on the forum that this is a frequent problem with double-sided discs.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

excalibur
Recruit

Post by excalibur » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 am

This has happened to me too with the season one DVD's freezing up. Good Day at White Rock was unwatchable due to all the skipping/freezing so I exchanged it, only to have the same problem occur in a different episode. Most of the other eps play fine, with the exception of a few which have minor glitches but at least are watchable. Since I don't have season 3 anyway and am concerned about the longevity of the double DVD's, I'm just giving up and buying the box set since they're single sided and contain the corrected season 3. In comparison, I have 6 full seasons of another show that was done single sided, and they play perfectly. Like My Friend Kitt, I've also heard that double sided DVD's have problems.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:56 pm

I've had that problem as well. The new box set is single sided from what I hear so perhaps that is the best way to go. Now if only I hadn't bought the double sided ones...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11744&p=138835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem. My only problem is now is getting $150 for the DVD set. My wife would probably kill me for spending that kind of money on that many DVD's at one time. I need to think of a fund raiser for David's KITT DVD Drive... :)

excalibur
Recruit

Post by excalibur » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:37 am

Have you checked Amazon... the price starts at $78 and goes up from there. Much easier on the budget. :) I've ordered from them in the past and will be ordering the KR box set soon. Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new