SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Post by DJGM » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Whet and Rob Wolf are both from the UK. So am I. But unlike those two, I've seen all 8
episodes of the new series so far*, and despite the various issues that've been raised
in other threads on this forum, like having too many characters, implied sex scenes,
partial nudity, Billy and Zoe acting like big kids ... I've quite enjoyed it.

Whet and RobWolf ... you're entitled to your opinions, and to express them publicly.
But please tone them down a bit, and please don't expect us all to agree with you.

*From unofficial sources. For obvious reasons, I won't say how or where, but if NBC
actually have any plans to release the series on DVD, assuming it doesn't get aired
on any of the TV channels here, I'll certainly make a point of buying the DVD's.
Last edited by DJGM on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:41 pm

:oops:

sorry, i tend to act without thinking :lol: i'll be better about that though. and yeah, bad first impression, eh?
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:55 pm

DJGM wrote:Whet and Rob Wolf are both from the UK. So am I. But unlike those two, I've seen all 8
episodes of the new series so far*, and despite the various issues that've been raised
in other threads on this forum, like having too many characters, implied sex scenes,

Whet and RobWolf ... you're entitled to your opinions, and to express them publicly.
But please tone them down a bit, and please don't expect us all to agree with you.

*From unofficial sources. For obvious reasons, I won't say how or where, but if NBC
actually have any plans to release the series on DVD, assuming it doesn't get aired
on any of the TV channels here, I'll certainly make a point of buying the DVD's.
Well if you don't agree wit myself and Robwolf, then that makes you wrong then.
Come on this Knight Rider is so bad it's no wonder it's ending.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:16 pm

^ hey man why not let people have their own voice? I thought you didn't like the idea of not being allowed to voice your own opinion...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:23 pm

DJGM wrote:Whet and Rob Wolf are both from the UK. So am I. But unlike those two, I've seen all 8

Here here, Im with ya on this one.

Ive enjoyed the show and saddened that there is a possibilty of cancellation, I certainly will be upset not to see the show bloom and the characters finding their grooves so to speak, that said its obviously not without its faults and I always felt there was room for improvement.

Theres still time to turn this round with the next few episodes, Im hoping with some hard advertising on NBCs part the hope that the next few episodes are ^&*$in' awesome, the audience will grow and they will consider commissioning a season 2
whet wrote:
Well if you don't agree wit myself and Robwolf, then that makes you wrong then.
Come on this Knight Rider is so bad it's no wonder it's ending.
That statements just pure arrogance, we're all wrong for not agreeing with you?

We get it, you dont like the new KR, now why dont you just grow up and keep your annoying opinions to yourselves?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:57 pm

neps wrote:Thought of a couple of ideas on the way into work of what to send:

KitKats - Fitting, but can melt in transit.

Canned Motor Oil - Reusable, but expensive to mail.
KitKats could be good, the NBC office staff will be well fed :D Maybe after we get a few more suggestions we could start a poll to decide it.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Chrisjones, Thank You for waking me up to my panic last night...It is just a reduction for now and they may re-instate the 5 episode order after the holidays...
However, I do not want to just sit on my hands and then look back and say that I should have done something sooner.
I like the KitKat idea too but do not want to cause a negative impression on anyone. That is not the idea behind this campaign.
So, I am behind any idea that we as a whole want to do.
*BTW- Welcome back weezl*
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:25 pm

What i find about the new series of knight rider, is people are comparing it to the orginial. Michael Knight and KITT, David hasselhoff, William daniels, the same theme music etc.

What people should be thinking as knight rider as a stand-alone series. Pretend that the orginial series didn't happen.

If you compare the new series of kr to the oringial series, then you may be a bit dispointied. Even I admit that i prefer the orginal series, but the new series is certainly really good, and its only had 9 episdies. Rememeber - the original series took a while to get going. So give the new series a chance! And if it does go to a second series, then it certinaly will get better.

And if anyone at NBC is reading this, then release knight rider over more countires! (Including the UK)
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:00 pm

AngeliaxKARR wrote:All right, i haven't been a member a full day, and i'm already sick of whet and RobWolf. Will the moderators PLEASE get these two off of here? they're driving people through a wall!

Gahhh...

I'll put it so you hatefuls can understand it:

The ONLY thing wrong with the new Knight Rider is it's not the original and you are by no means true fans. If you were, you wouldn't continue to make such (pardon me) assholes of yourselves. So you know, this is coming from someone who's seen the original in it's entirety as well as watching the new KR. Yeah, some things are off, but for Crawl's sake, it ain't that bad!

*deep sigh* :x

You haters are going to end up ruining things for those that DO give a hoot.
This is the kind of post and person that is helping to destroy the show.
Yes, lets tell the producers how great the new show is and lets try to supress and abuse those who recognise the show is far far from what it should be.

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:05 pm

If anyone's trying to suppress and abuse dissenting voices, it's whet and RobWolf. Respectful disagreement is one thing--we should all be fine with that. But outright hatred and scorn, not to mention refusal to hear anyone else's positive thoughts, is another story entirely. Save that for when the show's in its seventh year and has overstayed its welcome, NOT when it's just starting out.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:13 pm

I agree, now is the time to rally together with ONE voice.
Thats what this forum is really for.
We all have a common love of Knight Rider. So if there are some out there that don't like the show, don't be vocal about it.
At least not right now.
Not when the show is in such dire straights.
We as a community need to works as one, if not now, when?
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:34 pm

I really wish peole would stop banging on about how bad the show is,it is NOT the original show and never will be. It is a very enjoyable TV show and i for one hope it continues.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Ok Ok I would like to save Knight Rider, so here is how to do it.

More action more gadets, more Kitt basicly excitment that made and still makes the orignal so great.

But I will say this.

I do support this board and I find that mods getting heavy handed unacceptable.

So don't do it agian.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:45 pm

whet wrote:Ok Ok I would like to save Knight Rider, so here is how to do it.

More action more gadets, more Kitt basicly excitment that made and still makes the orignal so great.

But I will say this.

I do support this board and I find that mods getting heavy handed unacceptable.

So don't do it agian.
You're telling the mods what they can and cant do on their forum?
All they're doing is toning down your annoyingness and sheer lack of respect for everybody but yourself and those who share you sad, hateful incompetant opinions.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Ok getting back on track This thread is for saving Knight Rider. If anyone does not wish to particiapte in that effort please refrain from discouraging those who do.

Personally I wouldnt piss off the moderators, they are trying to maintain order n what can be a very disordly realm.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 pm

I'm just trying to voice my opion and not P**s anyone off.

Like I say get Knight Rider to have Kitt gagets and car chases ertc.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:10 pm

PETITION ONLINE:
I have created a petition which I believe states, as I understand it, the postition that we (the viewing public) are not happy that NBC reduced the number of episodes from 22 to 17, thus not giving Knight Rider a chance to rebound, before the end of this season and making a decsion one way or the other if the show will continue.

The URL is: http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I ask the morderators to promote this petition on the front page of Knight Rider Online, I will do so on my personal web page as well, and I ask that everyone sign the petition and email their freinds and families, encouraging them to sign as well. It would be great if we could get the stars of the show and David Haselhoff to sign it as well.

I will post updates as to how many signatures we get. I dont know what a good number is before forwarding the petition to NBC but I am guessing 10-50 thousand??

"One Person Can Make a Difference" Be that person! Sign the petition and make a difference in the world of the Knight Rider!
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:
This is the kind of post and person that is helping to destroy the show.
Yes, lets tell the producers how great the new show is and lets try to supress and abuse those who recognise the show is far far from what it should be.
Um, no, i didn't say it was great, you've misread me there. I did however, say it was flawed, and from what I've been reading and hearing, you should be glad to even have this from someone who's willing to try. They're going to be improving soon, so would you at least wait before you set your mind to a no?
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Petition signed. (Apparently I'm #2 to do so. Neato. :))

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Unfortunately, those petitions are generally ignored. I don't recall ever seeing an online petition work. You would have to ask people to put their full names, no screen names or multiple signings with made up names and then print it out to send to them to even get a chance for them to actually notice.

I think those who are happy this show is in danger of being canceled need to take a step back and also think about the dozens of people who will be out of work, not just the actors or the people in charge or the writers but all those who don't have any say in the direction the show takes and are just doing their job behind the scenes. This show isn't so far gone that things can't be turned around.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:26 pm

Would have to agree with phoenix..those signing the online petition, should really consider taking some time to writing to the snail mail address on the 1st page...that'll be A LOT more effective.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:34 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:I am driving right now to NBC to tell them what I think...

Yo, that's tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Signed it

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:17 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Unfortunately, those petitions are generally ignored. I don't recall ever seeing an online petition work. You would have to ask people to put their full names, no screen names or multiple signings with made up names and then print it out to send to them to even get a chance for them to actually notice.
Agreed, but I signed it anyway.
PHOENIXZERO wrote: I think those who are happy this show is in danger of being canceled need to take a step back and also think about the dozens of people who will be out of work, not just the actors or the people in charge or the writers but all those who don't have any say in the direction the show takes and are just doing their job behind the scenes. This show isn't so far gone that things can't be turned around.
Nicely said, I think most of us see everyone involved in the show as a kind of extended family. I know that they all would be just as hurt and upset by this news as all of us, but for them it's even harder because it not only is something they are very passionate about, but it is their jobs on the line as well. I do not envy anyone who has to look for work in this economy. It was NBCs call to cut the episodes and it's NBC we need to be voicing our opinion to and letting them know we are all behind the show.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:56 pm

I signed the petition, and I have told the other forum I visit about it :kittside:
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"