Knight Rider Season Reduced - from 22 to 17

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Season Reduced - from 22 to 17

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Well seeing as the handcuffs have been slapped on my thread yet agian... tut tut.
Does anyone acualty belive that Knight Rider is not dead?

it's unbelivable that if people say anything bad about this dire series they get gagged.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 pm

It's not dead, for example I heard that soap opera stars' salaries are being reduced as well. NBC is just cutting back thats all.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:It's not dead, for example I heard that soap opera stars' salaries are being reduced as well. NBC is just cutting back thats all.
Well if it's not dead it's in critical health.

it proves NBC don't have any faith in Knight Rider anymore.

I still say someone needs to answer for this, you can't keep defending these people making this show as so many people keep doing.

why for goodness sake, heads need to roll over this.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:44 pm

As someone rightly said last night, truth is in the eye of the beholder. When reading an article you should first look to see what source he or she is sighting. More often than not it is the Hollywood Reporter. The rest of the article is often just that persons opinion or sometimes even misinterpretation of the HR article. I really don't see why we should value their opinion over our own. Having read the HR for ourselves we are just as qualified to give our opinions and should probably do so in the comments below their articles.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Sue wrote:As someone rightly said last night, truth is in the eye of the beholder. When reading an article you should first look to see what source he or she is sighting. More often than not it is the Hollywood Reporter. The rest of the article is often just that persons opinion or sometimes even misinterpretation of the HR article. I really don't see why we should value their opinion over our own. Having read the HR for ourselves we are just as qualified to give our opinions and should probably do so in the comments below their articles.
The bum at autoblog is too opininated. He trashed knight rider JUST to trash it.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:51 pm

you know I painted my wall the other day, and I found that watching it dry was better than the new Knight Rider....
It had more action too.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:03 pm

whet wrote:you know I painted my wall the other day, and I found that watching it dry was better than the new Knight Rider....
It had more action too.
Ok so now you are going to trash the show? Why the quick change of heart.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:56 pm

whet wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:It's not dead, for example I heard that soap opera stars' salaries are being reduced as well. NBC is just cutting back thats all.
Well if it's not dead it's in critical health.

it proves NBC don't have any faith in Knight Rider anymore.

I still say someone needs to answer for this, you can't keep defending these people making this show as so many people keep doing.

why for goodness sake, heads need to roll over this.
Its all but dead at this point. Only way it'll be back is if NBC is lacking a show for their Friday night death slot next fall and they throw Knight Rider in there. They did the same thing with Life last season except Life was actually announced as renewed for a second season and ended up in the death slot anyway. Its since moved to Wed after KR. That's why there will never be an official word of cancellation by NBC until the fall 2009 season is announced and Knight Rider is missing.

I wouldn't blame GST completely though. This show wreaks of executive meddling. The writing and acting sucked. It was action and T&A. I think GST had the idea to throw in some references to the original series to give it some degree of legitimacy but I'm sure his hands were tied. Based on the rumored cut scenes of Michael having flashbacks in the episode where he's poisoned, it seems like the suits just wanted this series to be action and T&A. Can't really blame GST for that. He tried to give it some authenticity.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:21 pm

If it reeked of executive meddling, how come NO ONE (that i know of) took a look at the episodes and told GST to Tone down the T&A? does NBC not know/care what the family hour means? oh, wait- you answered my question.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 pm

th writers and producers are only half to blame..the other half of the blame goes to each and everyone of you who praised this show, who said how great everything was and who tried to supress critisism of the show.

Maybe the Powers That Be came by once in a while and saw a whole nunch of but kissing and thought all was good.

it's like a child who is contantly told it is doing the right thing: whilst it is burning down the house.
You have to stop the child, not frakking encourage it.

GST was that child and a lot of people here were that parent.

Now is the time to stop your bad parenting and teach the child to do the right thing and maybe you will still have a chance that it will grow into something good.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:12 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:th writers and producers are only half to blame..the other half of the blame goes to each and everyone of you who praised this show, who said how great everything was and who tried to supress critisism of the show.
I have to disagree. For starters, no one at Knight Rider Online suppressed criticism of the show. We do step in however when people begin to insult other people's opinions, or when blatantly false information is posted.

And there IS plenty to praise about the show. The opening 20 minutes of the premiere episode had a turbo boost and a helicopter chase and missile launches and 200mph fireballs and I thought was absolutely brilliant. We loved the mine field scene in Knight of the Hunter. Justin did a great job in A Hard Day's Knight. We laughed with Billy all season long. And yes, we praised all of these things. We also were vocal about what we didn't like.

GST is very well aware of what the fans liked and didn't like.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:41 pm

You seem to know that, but what I wanna know is what is he doing about it?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Well that's disconcerting...Hopefully the second portion of the season will really impress. I really hope the show sticks around. Whatever problems it has, it's the only drama (or whatever its called) on tv that is of any interest to me.

What I wanna know is why that one week off for the obamercial killed the ratings. It's weird, up until that point the ratings were, while not stellar, solid and consistent. But afterwards the ratings dropped, what? 2 million? Why?

I might have understood that the episode directly following it had lower ratings in that people may have forgotten about it...but both of them, strange.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:54 pm

I'd imagine those people were watching it but didn't get attached to the show, so when the bump occurred they weren't inclined to come back because they show didn't keep them interested. It really was a foolish thing for NBC to do, they could have just as easily put it on after the Obamerical. Not to mention that a lot of parents probably got turned off by the excessive sex and T&A.

If the pilot taught me anything, it's that there are still A LOT of really uptight people out there. But even still, before the end of I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight, even I had to start agreeing with them more and more due to the in your face aspect of it, as much as I hated to do so.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Time to bring back The Hoff....

http://syfyportal.com/news425627.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Bah--another biased article. We don't need to see that.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:34 pm

This is such BS! I mean we all know its NBC's fault for not giving this show proper funding to do more with the show ie stunts no CGI so that they cna do things for real etc etc. I swear to god us KR fans would prob do a better job at running NBC than the people who are running it NOW!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Let's all face it, it's now a very lost cause. You know, at times, it's seemed as though this show was a spoof of the original.

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Guys, I read that article--it doesn't tell us ANYTHING new. Whoever wrote it is just speculating that the show is doomed. Don't jump ship just yet.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:You know, at times, it's seemed as though this show was a spoof of the original.
Seems fitting, as people here seem like they're spoofs of real KR fans.

and i think you've mixed up with show with TKR
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:56 pm

This new version just doesn't have the same heart like the original had.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14 pm

_K3000_ wrote:This is such BS! I mean we all know its NBC's fault for not giving this show proper funding to do more with the show ie stunts no CGI so that they cna do things for real etc etc. I swear to god us KR fans would prob do a better job at running NBC than the people who are running it NOW!
It was not the funding.
The problem is where they spent the money. The producers wasted so much money on sets in the "KITT cave" -- they had nothing left for 2nd unit /stunt and driving sequences.

I mean, did we really need the set for the indoor basketball court? I really wish they'd take the series away from GST and give it to someone who actually understood TOS. His Fast N Furious interpretation (the modern turbo boost) is clearly not working.

I still love KR08 -- The cast is great, but this is supposed to be a car show. Right now, its missing the car in most of of the episodes. We need more car content...... Less T & A. Eye-popping stunts is why people watched TOS -- jumping over tractor trailers, sliding around corners and speeding down the highway on two wheels...... All of which the new show lacks.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:We laughed with Billy all season long. And yes, we praised all of these things. We also were vocal about what we didn't like.

GST is very well aware of what the fans liked and didn't like.
That line of 'all season long' sounds a little bit final Michael, is there something the Mods know that we don't or was it just an expression...??

Same with the line 'bout GST, have there been other things going on behind the scenes which we are yet to discover?

ck37
Recruit

Post by ck37 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:28 pm

In the end I think the show's demise was it tried to concentrate so much on all the cool techno crap, but fail to really capture the relationship between KITT and Michael. Sure there were moments, but too spread out and the creation of SSC was a terrible choice. Again studios underestimate the intellect of the audience. We have seen the best that visual effects can offer, so impress us with good story telling and good characters. Knight Rider was always about a man and his car, like the Lone Ranger and Tanto. Sure you have help along the way but the focus is on those two characters.
Also getting rid of Graiman is a terrible decision as many have said here. Yeah I get it, target the younger audience etc..but in reality you need someone with age who becomes the voice of reason, who sees the overall picture, essentially a father figure. Devon was that in the original show and that is why it worked so well with him and Michael. There was this tension because of different methods of getting things done but at the same time a father and son type of love. Young boys can relate to that and that is I think a key ingredient missing in this show.

I do hope that the show continues on, and the "reboot" or whatever you want to call it is a success, but I think GST needs to go back and listen to the words in the opening of the original series. That is what Knight Rider is and will always be about.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:11 pm

I know about the reduction of the season but does anyone know if the show is actually canceled? I just read something some where (I can't remember exactly where) that the show is canceled. Is it? I hope not, I love Knight Rider.

:kitt2:
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;