SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 pm

My fellow Knight Rider enthusiasts,

Now is the time for ALL fans of Knight Rider to join together and tell the network we don’t want the show cancelled.
We have all voiced our displeasure with the various issues with the current incarnation of Knight Rider. Myself included. But it’s not too late to save this show.

I hate to be the one to say this because I loved the original show, and am a fan of David Hasselhoff.. But please people stop the nostalgic pleas to bring him and KITT back to save this show.

The fact is WE are the only ones that can save this show. We are the ones that watch it; we are the ones who keep the ratings up or down.

We can have a positive impact by writing to NBC or visiting their site (http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or send them a regular letter, protesting the prospective cancellation of Knight Rider.

I only ask that your letters be supportive of the current cast and show, feel free to voice your objections about the show in a constructive manner. I fear if people insist on bringing back Hasselhoff as a regular the cost of that in today’s economy may be so cost prohibitive it will damage to our cause.

I am willing to circulate a petition if that is what it takes, I ask the moderators of this site to support a show of unity in asking NBC to delay the cancellation of Knight Rider and reinstate the order for all 22 episodes.

Also I suggest that the Knight Rider Convention in Las Vegas include a petition for all participants and visitors to sign in support of keeping Knight Rider alive.

Please everyone, this is important. Let’s work together, even of you don’t like the show but are a fan of the original, join us in keeping Knight Rider alive.

I will do everything I can to keep the show on the air. Anyone needing help with letters, or petitions I Will gladly offer my services to review, coordinate or help organize this effort in anyway I can.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ghidorah15
Rookie

Re: SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Post by ghidorah15 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm with you. Let's not give up--let's fight to keep Knight Rider alive.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm

I excitedly clicked your link to write my letter while I'm still passionate about doing so and am in total agreement with a petition.
Thank You very much Tony for the link. :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:I excitedly clicked your link to write my letter while I'm still passionate about doing so and am in total agreement with a petition.
Thank You very much Tony for the link. :good:
Agreed. This is my letter to NBC:
I am writing due to the recent news of Knight Rider being reduced to 17 episodes, from a full season. I do thouroughly enjoy watching the show, and am a big fan of the original series. This show, in its current incarnation, has much potential. The backstory with the original prototype KARR and Mike Knight's mysterious past is very intriguing. I do not feel it is my place to offer some constructive criticizm on a show of this magnitude, however minor tweaks from a writing standpoint would, likely, yield more promising results. I feel character development is important to a show's appeal and longevity. KITT is just as much a character as anyone else on the show, but he's what the show is about. I don't feel the show is about sexual inuendos, neon lights, or fake hood scoops. I tune in every Wednesday, and again on Saturdays while I'm in the garage working on my own Mustang, to see Mike, Sarah, and KITT driving fast, crashing through walls, interacting with each other. I'm mainly writing this to emplour you to give Knight Rider the full season to explore the new direction it's heading. Thank you for your time.
---Matt S.---

Someone should start a petition on myspace or some other venue to keep Knight Rider on the air! :kitt:
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.R.O
Volunteer

Post by K.R.O » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 pm

I shall write to NBC also.

Thank you for the above link
Prepare to neutralize

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Agreed!
We all need to be very vocal about keeping it on the air!
Thanks for the link TonyP!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:33 pm

This is a copy of the letter I sent.
Greetings,
I am writing you today to ask that you reconsider the decision to reduce the number of episodes ordered for Knight Rider.

Knight Rider is a good show with a lot of potential. The two main reasons in my opinion the series, was poorly received was not everyone, including myself, realized until recently the series was a reinvention of Knight Rider. We were led to believe the show was a continuation of the story, as the 2008 movie was truly a continuation of the original Knight Rider. Secondly, the transformer and CGI effects weakened the credibility of the characters. To be blunt the fans want and action adventure series, not a transformers and CGI intensive show. I know what the fans of this show are looking for and I believe NBC can deliver it.

The series can be a viable resource for NBC if you allow the series to reboot and follow the path set in the 2008 movie. This is my opinion, based on numerous conversations with other fans; the series would flourish in the ratings.

NBC has invested a considerable amount of capitol into producing the show, set cost, prop costs, salaries.. Do not let a slow start and a poor economy cause a hasty decision that in the end will cost NBC money and viewers. Knight Rider is a viable product, if produced, marketed and delivered properly.

I would respectfully ask NBC to consider rebooting Knight Rider, running all 22 episodes and it my belief you will not be disappointed.

I am 48 years old and a retired law enforcement officer, as someone who grew up watching a lot of television shows; I am pretty good at telling you what show will make it and what shows wont.

Knight Rider will make it. Just give it a chance.

I am available to answer any questions or comments at your convenience,

I thank you in advance for your kind attention to this matter.

Sincerely Yours.

Anthony ....
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 am

Does anyone have a "Snail Mail" address for comments for NBC?
I've been told that they may ignore virtual mail but will actually read a "Snail Mail" letter.

*Snail Mail=Postal address*

And I LOVED it!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:36 am

These are the big bosses at NBC Universal Studio..I would think thats who we write to.

JEFF ZUCKER
President and Chief Executive Officer, NBC Universal
c/o NBC Universal, Inc
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

MARC GRABOFF
Co-Chairman, NBC Entertainment and NBC Universal Television Studio
c/o NBC Universal, Inc
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:41 am

Thank You, Tony :good:
I plan on using these.

And I LOVED it!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 am

*Remembers Sue's plan* Lets all get crayons and send them to NBC! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:56 am

+1 on the snail mail... will write something too, soon.

I remember fans did this for veronica mars... sent mars bars to CW LOL.... mind you, they did that when it was ALREADY canceled but hey... if we actually show some support maybe NBC will notice even if its just letters.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:56 am

I am driving right now to NBC to tell them what I think...
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:15 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:*Remembers Sue's plan* Lets all get crayons and send them to NBC! :good:
He He :mrgreen: thanks, it doesn't quite make sense to the show but its something that they can give away to schools.

(Well come to think of it, I think my crayons did leave quite an impression on them. Not every day you are asked to sign in crayon. he he.)
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:24 am

Hey, If it shows unity and gets thier attention, perhaps we should all mail a (knight) chess piece to them.
I will do whatever you guys want as long as it is a unified effort. Sending 1 chesspiece or 1 Johnny Lightning Mustang isnt going to do much, sending a 1000..might just get their attention.
kogog copy.jpg
kogog copy.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 50282 times
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:30 am

*Raiding my Dad's chess set now.* He'll never miss it right?
I'm gonna stuff it in my envelope...
Good Idea... :good:

And I LOVED it!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:35 am

Sue wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:*Remembers Sue's plan* Lets all get crayons and send them to NBC! :good:
He He :mrgreen: thanks, it doesn't quite make sense to the show but its something that they can give away to schools.

(Well come to think of it, I think my crayons did leave quite an impression on them. Not every day you are asked to sign in crayon. he he.)
I'd say...SEND IN YOUR CRAYONS!And also how about we start a petition.A major site of The Lion King http://lionking.org/ (which is another fandom I'm a part of) used this site to start an online petition: http://petitiononline.com Remember-One signature can make a difference!I'm thinking we should do an online petition.Sounds like something we should do.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:36 am

If you set up the petition I will sign it
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:39 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:If you set up the petition I will sign it
But how will I send it to NBC?I don't know if I'm supposed to send it by mail,or an email,plus I don't know if they'll listen to a 15 year-old girl.
Petition #9

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

The problem with sending a Knight's chess piece is that it can't really be put to good use after the protest.

At least if we send something like crayons, they can be passed onto a children’s charity, which would give us the knowledge that if our efforts ultimately fail, we've still helped to bring a little bit of normality into the lives of some young children that are in need. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 am

I'd imagine that individual letters would be more effective than a petition, especially an online one, seems to easy to ignore.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:55 am

well Im wiling to write the petition,circulate it and serve it. Up to you folks.
Just tell me what you want to do.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:00 am

It certainly can't hurt to use all of the avenues that are available to us Tony. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:04 am

There is a Knight Rider fan club on DeviantART which I am a member of: http://kittfanclub.deviantart.com I can help by advertising through the club.
Petition #9

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:24 am

Hang on slow down. Lets not all get too twitchy, theres been no official statement on the show being cancelled. The newly imposed 17 episode limit could well have been put in place due to financial reasons. In the current economical conditions all companies are cutting back, NBC too will have to look to save outgoings.

Be careful not to plant the seed of cancellation threats by over talking them. Until we know either way its best not to talk of cancellation too much, people begin to believe rumors and the next thing we'll know it WILL be canceled!

The Terminator series had something similar happen after series 1. The net was ripe with people chatting about cancellation, next thing we know everyone is 100% sure it would be gone only for it to come back with a bigger and better series 2!

:good:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]