KITT Effected by Slow Economy

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

David Whiteheart
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT Effected by Slow Economy

Post by David Whiteheart » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:48 pm

GM considering sale of Pontiac
http://www.autospies.com/news/GM-consid ... dea-38104/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ontario Knight
Operative

Re: KITT Effected by Slow Economy

Post by Ontario Knight » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:28 pm

This isn't surprising however I am surprised the name cadillac isn't on there either.... :kittconv:

Knight2007
Volunteer

Post by Knight2007 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 pm

I wonder whats going to happen with parts? I mean, if they drop Pontiac, Saturns ect. are we still going to be able to get the parts for them? :|
Kitt: What`s the matter, Michael?
Michael: What makes you think something's the matter?
Kitt: When music like this is on the radio, my steering wheel usually takes a beating.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:30 am

Knight2007 wrote:I wonder whats going to happen with parts? I mean, if they drop Pontiac, Saturns ect. are we still going to be able to get the parts for them? :|
I think they'll still make parts.Many people own "Geo" brand cars,and GM still makes parts for them(because GM owns "Geo").
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 am

Ontario Knight wrote:This isn't surprising however I am surprised the name cadillac isn't on there either.... :kittconv:
-First off do you know anything about GM and their products?
-Second, Cadillac is the brand where GM has spent most of their money in updating, styling, and making the brand more efficient. They have done excellent in their products compared to Audi, BMW, Mereceds, & Lexus in terms of price, fuel efficiency, options, etc.
Examples:
-Cadillac CTS 2008 Car of The Year Award
-The Escalade is the Most Powerful SUV on the Planet with the highest fuel efficiency in comparisons to others in its class along with the Highest Towing Capacity and the option of a Hybrid Model.

I am a little offended since my father worked for Cadillac for over 18 years and people who bash it and don't know nothing should be put in their place. People who put down these American companies have no shame, these are connected to the highest financial institutions and if GM goes down, the Economy is going to be in Much Worse Shape! BTW GM has the most Hybrids compared to any automotive manufacturer.

BTW GM is considering cutting Saab, Saturn, & downsizing Pontiac in effect. This is in order to receive the Bailout, here is a link:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f12/ ... 2-a-72162/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:37 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:
Ontario Knight wrote:This isn't surprising however I am surprised the name cadillac isn't on there either.... :kittconv:
-Second, Cadillac is the brand where GM has spent most of their money in updating, styling, and making the brand more efficient. They have done excellent in their products compared to Audi, BMW, Mereceds, & Lexus in terms of price, fuel efficiency, options, etc.
Examples:
-The Escalade is the Most Powerful SUV on the Planet with the highest fuel efficiency in comparisons to others in its class along with the Highest Towing Capacity and the option of a Hybrid Model.

I am a little offended since my father worked for Cadillac for over 18 years and people who bash it and don't know nothing should be put in their place. People who put down these American companies have no shame, these are connected to the highest financial institutions and if GM goes down, the Economy is going to be in Much Worse Shape! BTW GM has the most Hybrids compared to any automotive manufacturer.

BTW GM is considering cutting Saab, Saturn, & downsizing Pontiac in effect. This is in order to receive the Bailout, here is a link:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f12/ ... 2-a-72162/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe
First of all I do know GM products...

Secondly its a generalisation that if a brand such as cadillac doesn't account for a high percentage of sales towards the entire company then they should be shut down, and if Pontiac is looking at either shutting down or turning over less product, I can guarantee that by a per capita basis there are more Pontiacs on the road then Cadillacs..

Thirdly a car of the year award doesn't make the brand survive a financial crisis such as GM is going through right now..

And as for vehicles being built sure GM has an extensive line of Hybrid vehicles, however that isn't stopping GM for asking 18 Billion dollar in federal bailout money, and as for the Ford Motor Company of the big three, they are asking for 9 Billion dollars however aren't sure if they are going to need that funding, so Ford probably isn't in as bad of shape as GM is..

As for your statement of Hybrid vehicles being built isn't going to save a company since Chrysler has not one Hybrid and they are a private company..And second to that Hybrids aren't our future, read T. Boone Pickens book The first Billion is the Hardest, it talks about the big three and about Hybrids is a short term solution, not long term...

I am not bashing GM at all, I have owned many GM vehicles, it is what it is and GM is fighting for there life right now, we can be sceptical on what might happen but who knows, I hope they keep all of the GM brands however I don't know if that is financially feasible to keep the company alive and keeping all of the subsidiary workers that make car parts outside GM alive (TRW or bendix etc)....

We should soon see......

P.S. The Escalade is the same chassis as the Yukon and Tahoe and the EXT Escalade is the same as the Suburban..

And as for the most powerful SUV on the market, the Escalade is the most powerful GM SUV, on the market however the AMG ML63 is the most powerful SUV on the market...

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Ontario Knight wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote:
Examples:

Joe
First of all I do know GM products...

Secondly its a generalisation that if a brand such as cadillac doesn't account for a high percentage of sales towards the entire company then they should be shut down, and if Pontiac is looking at either shutting down or turning over less product, I can guarantee that by a per capita basis there are more Pontiacs on the road then Cadillacs..

Thirdly a car of the year award doesn't make the brand survive a financial crisis such as GM is going through right now..

And as for vehicles being built sure GM has an extensive line of Hybrid vehicles, however that isn't stopping GM for asking 18 Billion dollar in federal bailout money, and as for the Ford Motor Company of the big three, they are asking for 9 Billion dollars however aren't sure if they are going to need that funding, so Ford probably isn't in as bad of shape as GM is..

As for your statement of Hybrid vehicles being built isn't going to save a company since Chrysler has not one Hybrid and they are a private company..And second to that Hybrids aren't our future, read T. Boone Pickens book The first Billion is the Hardest, it talks about the big three and about Hybrids is a short term solution, not long term...

I am not bashing GM at all, I have owned many GM vehicles, it is what it is and GM is fighting for there life right now, we can be sceptical on what might happen but who knows, I hope they keep all of the GM brands however I don't know if that is financially feasible to keep the company alive and keeping all of the subsidiary workers that make car parts outside GM alive (TRW or bendix etc)....

We should soon see......
I was stating how GM has developed over the years and has one Car of the Year awards in several divisions, the Hybrids I was explaining how they have the most out of every company and some Americans are buying them and this a good choice for them. I was not stating that GM is the way to go 100% just merely stating that we should defend GM and help them out because this will hurt EVERYONE in the end. GM has come a long way and yes they have been slacking and finally picked up when I think it is somewhat late but still they have made Progress.

I would like you to read this:
http://gmfactsandfiction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ontario Knight wrote:P.S. The Escalade is the same chassis as the Yukon and Tahoe and the EXT Escalade is the same as the Suburban..

And as for the most powerful SUV on the market, the Escalade is the most powerful GM SUV, on the market however the AMG ML63 is the most powerful SUV on the market...
BTW I very much know the Escalade is the same chassis as the Yukon and Tahoe I am very familiar with these products, had these products, and have seen and been through these products many times. Did you also know that Cadillac has given their seats to BMW and their air conditioning units to Mercedes? There are much other thing I know that GM has given to other companies and much more products that are shared amongst GM vehicles. I am an Expert in GM and many other car manufacturers.

BTW The Escalade is a FULL SIZE SUV and the AMG ML63 is just a CrossoOver SUV not the same class as an Escalade, the ML63 is more of an SRX type competitor. So in fact compared to the Navigator and other trucks in its class it is the most Powerful!