Knight Rider break...?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Knight Rider break...?

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:22 am

As someone unfamiliar with US viewing/TV habits, I have a question...

Is this 6 week break just a gap in broadcasting the shows or are they actually taking a break from making/producing as well during the next few weeks?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider break...?

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 am

its just a gap in broadcasting. most shows usually go through two gaps in the season. that way they can film most of the episodes earlier and the crew can get a summer break....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:54 am

The actors are normal people like us. And they do have families also so thanksgiving & Chirstmas is a time to be with family. That my reason why the is a the show is taking a break. A animated show called family guy they are also taking a break and no new episodes won't air untill after new years day.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 pm

bige12 wrote:A animated show called family guy they are also taking a break and no new episodes won't air untill after new years day.
Kudos for mentioning one of my favourite shows... :lol:

What I was kind of driving at is, would there be post prod work done between now and the next episode airing on 31st Dec...?

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:32 pm

I think they are actually taking a break from fliming and production since like what I mention in my ealier post is that probally the actors want to be with there family for Chirstmas instead of working. I have a feeling a new episode of knight rider won't air untill after New Year's Day since December 31st is New Years Eve, so I doubt a knight rider episode will air that night.

Since Chirstmas is about be with family, so it would not make sense for the actors that are left from the show working on Chirstmas Eve that dose not make sense and there is also a Jewish holiday that is coming up also.

I think that why there will be a big gap until a new episode airs so my guess the next one will air January 2009 after New Years Day

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:37 pm

I just keep going to the NBC.com/knightrider website to see when they mention another episode.

With the Family Guy show - I emailed the Prime time press release person that handles Family Guy part of the press release and she mention no new episodes until January.

I know after the last new episode of knight rider, they mention Knight Rider will return after the Holiday<b>s</b> so
here are the holidays

Thanksgiving
Hanuak
Chirstmas
New Years

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:02 pm

They probably took a break after finishing episode 17...They'll probably start filming in mid-January/February and finish the last 4 episodes. Remember, we're only at episode 8 so far, with 9 coming in on Dec 31, and then from what's been going around is that they'll put episode 10 (the start of the "new arc," im tired of the reboot/retool word) after a sunday night football game with episode 11 on the wednesday after....then episodee 12 (KARR!!!) after that.... and they'll probably take another break in april or may then finish the season in june...That's how most shows usually go.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:52 pm

hate to be a wet blanket, but there's a possibility that SAG may go on strike in mid january, so we may not GET those last four episodes.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:30 pm

My guess there will not be a episode on New Years eve since everybody will be out partying not staying home and watch Knight Rider so I doubt it if they will show a Knight Rider episode on Dec. 31, The better bet when a new episode airs is Jan. 7th 09 since everybody will be home and not a new years eve party

ghidorah15
Rookie

Post by ghidorah15 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Actually, as far as I know, they *ARE* showing an episode on New Year's Eve--"Knight Fever". Or am I mistaken?

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:32 pm

They should re-air the pilot during this time.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:40 pm

I doubt the VFX team is getting a break, I imagine they're still hard at work with the episodes show. But yeah, they probably have taken a break from filming, if they haven't yet then they probably will soon.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:55 pm

* insert comment about the lack of special effects in previous episodes* Man, I'm a debby downer today. :(

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:58 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:* insert comment about the lack of special effects in previous episodes* Man, I'm a debby downer today. :(
*Plays some "downer" music, something similar to what a game show loser would hear while leaving the stage.* :P
bige12 wrote:My guess there will not be a episode on New Years eve since everybody will be out partying not staying home and watch Knight Rider so I doubt it if they will show a Knight Rider episode on Dec. 31, The better bet when a new episode airs is Jan. 7th 09 since everybody will be home and not a new years eve party
That is precisely why they're airing Knight Fever on that day. They want to get it out of the way and figured that would be the best place to put it. I'm fairly certain it's because it was just that bad, the only other explanation would be they didn't want it to be at all close to A Hard Day's Knight. But I'll stick with it likely being the worst of the first nine since it was the second one filmed.

Then we get the new episodes and hopefully improved episodes starting with the two part on Sunday, January 4th that follows up on Wednesday, so pretty much three episodes in one week. I guess they nixed the idea of it airing after a football game since they have the NFC and AFC wild card games on Saturday while Fox and CBS have two on Sunday, hope they're not up against KR. Where's the promotion from NBC though? Or are they going to wait until after the two parter to start doing something?
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Wait- do we know for a fact that they're going to show part 1 on Jan 4th?

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:00 pm

I think it would be a BIG mistake to show Episode 10 or any episode after Sunday Night Football. It starts at 8:15 and usually doesn't end till 11-11:30 pending there is no OVERTIME period. That means the show won't air till almost Midnight and people go back to work Monday morning. Stupid schedule if you ask me... I say put episode 10 on Wednesday and then the following Wednesday air a two hour back to back KARR episode 11 and 12.

NBC needs to get their *?$# together and learn how to do things right.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Geez..... :shock: Same time posts, just two minutes after mine and at the same time I edited it.

Yeah, apparently January 4th is the date of episode ten now which I agree is a bad day to air it. I thought it wasn't going to be until the 11th but again, the playoffs are going to be on CBS and Fox from the schedule I'm looking at. Putting anything up against the playoffs is a bad thing, especially for a show that's main audience is male.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 pm

how come all the other shows on nbc and other networks haven't gone on break? why only knight rider?, might be more to it than you think!
in glen larson we trust.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:34 pm

Well, its more than just a break, we all know that. They announced the retooling..

But aside from that, it COULD be just a break. One of the other shows I follow is on break as well; Smallville.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:13 pm

As we speak, they are filming episode 16, and should wrap by the end of the week.

They will probably get one more in before the holiday break.

It doesn't look now like episode 10 will air on a Sunday after football. It will probably air in the usual Wed. slot. on Jan 7th.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:14 pm

I think that's a good idea.